Wii U Forum

Topic: Should wii u have achievements/trophies

Showing 201 to 220 of 233

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rargon

201. Posted:

Though I find Achievements and Trophies useless in general, they do add replay value to a game after awhile. Trophies were one of the reasons I played through the 1st Dead Space almost 4 times now, that and it's just an excellent game in my opinion.

3DS FC: 1246-8898-7182
Nintendo Network ID: Rargon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Edlicious

202. Posted:

I just dont get why people are complaining if the 3DS and WiiU have achievements or trophies? I personally think they are amazing and actually do add a level of challenge and replayablity to the game? Many games I played I came back to because I wanted their achievement or because the challenge of it. Like in resident evil 5, i came back and beat the game again for the achievement or some other games that pose a fun side activity to accomplish for an achievement is fun. Try playing mass effect and you'll see to what im referring too. achievements would also be cool because you could show your friends what you've done before, like in playing all of resident evil revelations without a herb or rocket launcher is quite a challenge but even if you do, do it then what? unless you have the game at all times how are you gonna show your friends or rivals? and considering Nintendo doesn't like the SD card saving game saves and instead have the cartridge save the game instead.

3DS FC; 2191 7816 0194

MK7, RE:R, KIU, lets play?

http://www.facebook.com/Throwinguprainbows

AuthorMessage
Avatar

steveex

203. Posted:

What if you got trophies or collectables instead of achievements, which could be used in software like an AR viewer.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0644-8202

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

204. Posted:

"The point of achievements is that they're console wide and universal, not locked in to a game"

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that all those achievements can be viewed outside the game and that everyone can see them?

Well, Nintendo "achievements" also can be seen by everyone....if you put them in a youtube movie!!

Henmii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Steveovig

205. Posted:

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements. It'd be like opposing actual user ids for an online infrastructure instead of friend codes. It doesn't hinder the gameplay experience in the slightest. I'm sure a million people over the course of time have said this but if you don't like them, just ignore them. But they should be a mandatory feature in all consoles from now on.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

206. Posted:

They are yes but wouldn't everyone like to display their achievements in say, the Vault in Brawl online with friends and the online community?
Nintendo's achievements, unlockables, call them what you will are in my opinion, the best kind and like I've said AND been barked at, they serve a purpose in that you actually achieve something for use in the game. I just don't like or see the point of 360 style achievements when compared to what Nintendo offer.

Xbox-esque achievements may be good yes for self satisaction but here in Nintendo land to achieve something often means unlocking something too. Self satisfaction and a little reward. Let's get these unlockables online for display.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

207. Posted:

Steveovig wrote:

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements.

After meticulously reviewing 11 pages (not really) on this hotly debated topic, I conclude that this is the most precise comment on this particular matter.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

208. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Steveovig wrote:

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements.

After meticulously reviewing 11 pages (not really) on this hotly debated topic, I conclude that this is the most precise comment on this particular matter.

Using that logic, It's pretty stupid to have a differing opinion.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

209. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Steveovig wrote:

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements.

After meticulously reviewing 11 pages (not really) on this hotly debated topic, I conclude that this is the most precise comment on this particular matter.

Using that logic, It's pretty stupid to have a differing opinion.

It's the logic behind the opinion, actually. At this point, the core gamers, the hobbyists, the ones that Nintendo is trying to appeal to, generally desire achievements. It's the norm, now, and it's expected of Nintendo to conform to this norm if they want to keep up. On top of that, it doesn't effect people who don't want them in any legitimate way. To put it simply, not wanting Nintendo to include achievements would be the same as not wanting Nintendo to make money.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squiggle55

210. Posted:

i am definitely pro-trophies. I get a kick out of them and highly approve Nintendo adopting something similar. It would be nice to see them be the first to have trophy achievements and ranking up tied to some sort of tangible benefit.

The only time a trophy ever bothers me is if it pops up during a cutscene of an RPG or something and takes me out of the story for a second. But still that doesn't bother me too much.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Platypus

211. Posted:

I would love achievements. I usually don't chase achievements in most games, but when it comes to games I love I always try to do them. If Legend of Zelda had achievements you can be sure I'd go after those heart pieces!

It would be nice if they actually did something though, like doing something similar to play coins.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

212. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

They are yes but wouldn't everyone like to display their achievements in say, the Vault in Brawl online with friends and the online community?
Nintendo's achievements, unlockables, call them what you will are in my opinion, the best kind and like I've said AND been barked at, they serve a purpose in that you actually achieve something for use in the game. I just don't like or see the point of 360 style achievements when compared to what Nintendo offer.

Xbox-esque achievements may be good yes for self satisaction but here in Nintendo land to achieve something often means unlocking something too. Self satisfaction and a little reward. Let's get these unlockables online for display.

You know getting some achievements in Xbox and PS3 games give yo rewards too, right? :p

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

213. Posted:

As long as the option is there for those that want them, i personally don't but you have to please both sides of the spectrum!
I'd happily disable Trophies in the Wii U menu myselt. There's nothing more annoying than a logo popping up in the corner of the screen saying "Congrats! You've just defeated 15 majini's!" like in RE5...totaly annoying stuff, and kind of sucked me out of the experience from time to time. Personally, i don't give a damn about trophies( for 'me' it's time well wasted), 'objectives' however are a different story like in Wario Land Shake it which are required to 100% the game for ex.

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

214. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Steveovig wrote:

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements.

After meticulously reviewing 11 pages (not really) on this hotly debated topic, I conclude that this is the most precise comment on this particular matter.

Using that logic, It's pretty stupid to have a differing opinion.

It's the logic behind the opinion, actually. At this point, the core gamers, the hobbyists, the ones that Nintendo is trying to appeal to, generally desire achievements. It's the norm, now, and it's expected of Nintendo to conform to this norm if they want to keep up. On top of that, it doesn't effect people who don't want them in any legitimate way. To put it simply, not wanting Nintendo to include achievements would be the same as not wanting Nintendo to make money.

They already do include them :/
I'd just like them displayable..

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

215. Posted:

I'd have no problem with that. I'd welcome achievements if anything. As long as they're not stupid like "defeat your first boss." Why the heck is that an achievement? I'm going to do it anyway! I swear there was a game where an achievement was "turn on the game." They don't need to be ridiculous, but they don't need to be brain dead easy either.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

216. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

I would love achievements. I usually don't chase achievements in most games, but when it comes to games I love I always try to do them. If Legend of Zelda had achievements you can be sure I'd go after those heart pieces!

It would be nice if they actually did something though, like doing something similar to play coins.

Play coins would be a great idea. Maybe transfer them between Wii U and 3DS. Earn coins by playing.
Maybe have a Mii clothing shop for example. Items could be bought with coins as the currency.
Not to be a blowhard guys, but keep up the 360 comparisons and I fear you'll be disappointed :(

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

217. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

They already do include them :/
I'd just like them displayable..

Oh, so now you just want them displayable? Well, all they have to do is follow their competitor's example. Anyone can view your achievements and trophies very easily on other consoles. You can even get a gamer card that you can link to or put in your signature on a forum. So long as Nintendo does that, and honestly I don't think they're dumb enough not to, they'll be fine.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

218. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

They already do include them :/
I'd just like them displayable..

Oh, so now you just want them displayable? Well, all they have to do is follow their competitor's example. Anyone can view your achievements and trophies very easily on other consoles. You can even get a gamer card that you can link to or put in your signature on a forum. So long as Nintendo does that, and honestly I don't think they're dumb enough not to, they'll be fine.

Like I've already said, just make displayable what's already there. Don't add 360-esque achievements for the sake of it. There is no need. Nintendo already include them.

And I know that :/ I've owned 3, 360's

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

219. Posted:

Mercury9 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

They already do include them :/
I'd just like them displayable..

Oh, so now you just want them displayable? Well, all they have to do is follow their competitor's example. Anyone can view your achievements and trophies very easily on other consoles. You can even get a gamer card that you can link to or put in your signature on a forum. So long as Nintendo does that, and honestly I don't think they're dumb enough not to, they'll be fine.

Like I've already said, just make displayable what's already there. *Don't add 360-esque achievements for the sake of it. There is no need. Nintendo already include them.

And I know that :/ I've owned 3, 360's

Okay, now I don't even know what you're talking about anymore, but I'm very sure you just contradicted yourself. I will Nitpick one little thing however: No body else puts achievements on Nintendo games. So obviously they do need an achievement system, because Nintendo won't be the only one making games for the Wii U.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mercury9

220. Posted:

I'm obviously on my own in relation to Nintendo not emulating the other consoles. If you want point based achievements, get a 360. If you want trophy's, get a PS3. Me? I personally don't want either of those. Just give me what's already there and add improved hardware, software and online capabilities but please, please, please don't give me a Nintendo 360.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX