Forums

Topic: Should wii u have achievements/trophies

Posts 201 to 220 of 222

Platypus

I would love achievements. I usually don't chase achievements in most games, but when it comes to games I love I always try to do them. If Legend of Zelda had achievements you can be sure I'd go after those heart pieces!

It would be nice if they actually did something though, like doing something similar to play coins.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

turtlelink

Mercury9 wrote:

They are yes but wouldn't everyone like to display their achievements in say, the Vault in Brawl online with friends and the online community?
Nintendo's achievements, unlockables, call them what you will are in my opinion, the best kind and like I've said AND been barked at, they serve a purpose in that you actually achieve something for use in the game. I just don't like or see the point of 360 style achievements when compared to what Nintendo offer.

Xbox-esque achievements may be good yes for self satisaction but here in Nintendo land to achieve something often means unlocking something too. Self satisfaction and a little reward. Let's get these unlockables online for display.

You know getting some achievements in Xbox and PS3 games give yo rewards too, right?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Mercury9

Mickeymac wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Steveovig wrote:

It's pretty stupid to oppose achievements.

After meticulously reviewing 11 pages (not really) on this hotly debated topic, I conclude that this is the most precise comment on this particular matter.

Using that logic, It's pretty stupid to have a differing opinion.

It's the logic behind the opinion, actually. At this point, the core gamers, the hobbyists, the ones that Nintendo is trying to appeal to, generally desire achievements. It's the norm, now, and it's expected of Nintendo to conform to this norm if they want to keep up. On top of that, it doesn't effect people who don't want them in any legitimate way. To put it simply, not wanting Nintendo to include achievements would be the same as not wanting Nintendo to make money.

They already do include them :/
I'd just like them displayable..

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

Retro_on_theGo

I'd have no problem with that. I'd welcome achievements if anything. As long as they're not stupid like "defeat your first boss." Why the heck is that an achievement? I'm going to do it anyway! I swear there was a game where an achievement was "turn on the game." They don't need to be ridiculous, but they don't need to be brain dead easy either.

Mercury9

soccer686 wrote:

I would love achievements. I usually don't chase achievements in most games, but when it comes to games I love I always try to do them. If Legend of Zelda had achievements you can be sure I'd go after those heart pieces!

It would be nice if they actually did something though, like doing something similar to play coins.

Play coins would be a great idea. Maybe transfer them between Wii U and 3DS. Earn coins by playing.
Maybe have a Mii clothing shop for example. Items could be bought with coins as the currency.
Not to be a blowhard guys, but keep up the 360 comparisons and I fear you'll be disappointed

CanisWolfred

Mercury9 wrote:

Oh, so now you just want them displayable? Well, all they have to do is follow their competitor's example. Anyone can view your achievements and trophies very easily on other consoles. You can even get a gamer card that you can link to or put in your signature on a forum. So long as Nintendo does that, and honestly I don't think they're dumb enough not to, they'll be fine.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mercury9

Mickeymac wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Oh, so now you just want them displayable? Well, all they have to do is follow their competitor's example. Anyone can view your achievements and trophies very easily on other consoles. You can even get a gamer card that you can link to or put in your signature on a forum. So long as Nintendo does that, and honestly I don't think they're dumb enough not to, they'll be fine.

Like I've already said, just make displayable what's already there. Don't add 360-esque achievements for the sake of it. There is no need. Nintendo already include them.

And I know that :/ I've owned 3, 360's

Edited on by Mercury9

CanisWolfred

Mercury9 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Like I've already said, just make displayable what's already there. *Don't add 360-esque achievements for the sake of it. There is no need. Nintendo already include them.

And I know that :/ I've owned 3, 360's

Okay, now I don't even know what you're talking about anymore, but I'm very sure you just contradicted yourself. I will Nitpick one little thing however: No body else puts achievements on Nintendo games. So obviously they do need an achievement system, because Nintendo won't be the only one making games for the Wii U.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mercury9

I'm obviously on my own in relation to Nintendo not emulating the other consoles. If you want point based achievements, get a 360. If you want trophy's, get a PS3. Me? I personally don't want either of those. Just give me what's already there and add improved hardware, software and online capabilities but please, please, please don't give me a Nintendo 360.

turtlelink

Mercury9 wrote:

I'm obviously on my own in relation to Nintendo not emulating the other consoles. If you want point based achievements, get a 360. If you want trophy's, get a PS3. Me? I personally don't want either of those. Just give me what's already there and add improved hardware, software and online capabilities but please, please, please don't give me a Nintendo 360.

Wait, do you want achievements or not? I'm very confused now.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Mercury9

turtlelink wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Wait, do you want achievements or not? I'm very confused now.

Not if they are just like 360 or PS3 no. I genuinely can't see Nintendo following suit in that area. Play Coins would prove to be of more use imo

I'm no casual gamer. I'm no hardcore gamer. I'm just a Nintendo regular and I find that since the word "hardcore" has been throw about, I've felt concerned that other regulars will be annoyed and upset should Nintendo rock the boat too much. I'm over the moon with HD and honestly, just give me a better online service and I'm happy. No bolted on bells and whistles please. It's all well and good if you're familiar to what a 360/PS3 can do but this is Nintendo. People may well be disappointed here. But it's all down to just how focused Nintendo really are with pulling in the hardcore.

The casual masses that made Wii so successful, may just stick with Wii and be uninterested with such talk of achievements, HD, tech and the like with Wii U.

I love Nintendo don't get me wrong but is it worth let's face it, a huge risk on keeping all current gamers happy based on what most of the hardcore camp want?

Edited on by Mercury9

TheWord777

I can live with out them cause i suck,but if there was physical prizes i may try harder.

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

Gamerman501

there is no question! it has to be done. besides, the PS3 and 360 already have that, so the wii U can get an advantage over sony and microsoft! >

you need help with your game? check my channel! it's full of tips, tricks and easter eggs! http://www.youtube.com/user/Gamerman501?feature=mhee

3DS friend code: 5455-9415-6930

Gamerman501

Mercury9 wrote:

just give me a better online service and I'm happy.

done! nintendo has announced a new internet connection which is WAYYYYYY better and less laggy than the wii!

you need help with your game? check my channel! it's full of tips, tricks and easter eggs! http://www.youtube.com/user/Gamerman501?feature=mhee

3DS friend code: 5455-9415-6930

K964

I like the way it is now on Nintendo Systems. The achievemants are built into the game! The developers make graphics, sound effects, etc. themselves showing they actually put work into the achievements. Since it's not built into the system, they usually come up with good incentives (weapons in Kid Icarus, ollars in Scribblenauts) that make it worthwhile. Last, but not least if they're going through all that trouble, the developers figure they could make the achievements actually challenging and meaningful. (Beat a level on intensity 9 in Kid Icarus fpr example). Ever notice that Sonic the Hedgehog games on Nintendo systems don't have achievements? It's because on the other systems Sega is forced to incude dumb achievements like "beat the first level", "beat the first boss", "beat the final boss", "use an attack", and "play the game."
I'm content with the way achievements are just as optional for the developers as they are for the consumers.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Vincent294

K964 wrote:

I like the way it is now on Nintendo Systems. The achievemants are built into the game! The developers make graphics, sound effects, etc. themselves showing they actually put work into the achievements. Since it's not built into the system, they usually come up with good incentives (weapons in Kid Icarus, ollars in Scribblenauts) that make it worthwhile. Last, but not least if they're going through all that trouble, the developers figure they could make the achievements actually challenging and meaningful. (Beat a level on intensity 9 in Kid Icarus fpr example). Ever notice that Sonic the Hedgehog games on Nintendo systems don't have achievements? It's because on the other systems Sega is forced to incude dumb achievements like "beat the first level", "beat the first boss", "beat the final boss", "use an attack", and "play the game."
I'm content with the way achievements are just as optional for the developers as they are for the consumers.

You're right, but I wouldn't mind the integration of an achievements system in the Wii U either.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

shingi_70

At this point they better be on the system anything else is just not having a feature that's common everywhere else. Ios has them for godsake.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Hokori

Maybe depends what they are, if it's something stupid like get KOed by Mario 100 times in SSB the no, but if it's unlock all gold Karts in Mario Kart 7 then sure

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Terave

Depends on the use of them. I'd say build it in the system. But please, keep the achievements at least 'classy'. Not like: 'Jump on an enemie' or 'Find a power-up'.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.