Forums

Topic: Should wii u have achievements/trophies

Posts 141 to 160 of 222

CanisWolfred

Luck plays a part in everything in life. Just because luck played a part makes it no less a victory. You're a Mario Kart Player, you should know that.

And what do you say to those people who earn trophies in real life? What do you say to their accomplishments? Digital trophies are no different. Am I to assume you think nothing of the guy who got the last touchdown at his high school Football play-offs just because all he earned was a trophy that "serves no purpose"?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mercury9

Mickeymac wrote:

Digital trophies are no different. Am I to assume you think nothing of the guy who got the last touchdown at his high school Football play-offs just because all he earned was a trophy that "serves no purpose"?

Really? Lol they couldn't be any more different! Someone who competes and wins a trophy has an actual trophy to show off. They have trained and worked hard for it and of course you may not assume I meant that because I never said it , hinted at it or touched upon it in relation to real life sports

This is a topic regarding Wii U achievements lol let's at least bicker on topic!

I think if Nintendo are planning/going to unveil a 360-esque online profile card then maybe some form of displayable information would be good. I would really like to see, at the very least in regards to achievements, players being able to unlock Play Coins as awards for playing games and beating goals. They could even be swapped between Wii U and 3DS for puzzle pieces and the quest. The quest of which would be good expanded upon and maybe have online multiplayer ala Opoona.

Unlockable and usable play coins would be a good universal idea for achievement like content right?

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

Chrono_Cross

Face it, trophies mean nothing. They're just there for replay value. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Mercury9

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Face it, trophies mean nothing. They're just there for replay value. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, that and an excuse for devs to delude themselves over the actual length of their games.

CanisWolfred

Mercury9 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Digital trophies are no different. Am I to assume you think nothing of the guy who got the last touchdown at his high school Football play-offs just because all he earned was a trophy that "serves no purpose"?

Really? Lol they couldn't be any more different! Someone who competes and wins a trophy has an actual trophy to show off. They have trained and worked hard for it and of course you may not assume I meant that because I never said it , hinted at it or touched upon it in relation to real life sports

...it's called an analogy. And yeah, it's similar. You think people don't work for their achievements? Getting a platinum in any game is hard $#!+ man. And a Virtual trophy serves the same purpose as a real trophy. They're just something to show off to people. Saying digital trophies mean nothing is the same as saying real life trophies mean nothing.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mercury9

Mickeymac wrote:

And a Physical trophy serves the same purpose as a real trophy.

D'oh!

I don't like achievements and cannot see the point so the idea of someone spending hours to get something virtual is beyond me. Don't do it Nintendo! Unlockables are ok!

Edited on by Mercury9

Chrono_Cross

Nintendo has already done achievements before. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario Land Shake It! and Xenoblade to name three.

Just for you.

Mercury9

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Nintendo has already done achievements before. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario Land Shake It! and Xenoblade to name three.

Content based achievements

As much as I don't like 360/PS3-esque achievements, I would like to see more games contain award systems like that of Brawl and KIU. Plenty of variety, creeping difficulty and multiple types of unlockable content.

Edited on by Mercury9

CanisWolfred

Mercury9 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

And a Physical trophy serves the same purpose as a real trophy.

D'oh!

I don't like achievements and cannot see the point so the idea of someone spending hours to get something virtual is beyond me. Don't do it Nintendo! Unlockables are ok!

I still don't see why they shouldn't do it when they don't effect you as is.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Mercury9 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Still achievements whether you like it or not.

Just for you.

Mercury9

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Still achievements whether you like it or not.

Yes, but they have rewards attached to them and for me at least, they have a reason to be included in the game. It doesn't bother me either way whether they Nintendo include them I'll still buy the Wii U but I still don't like them unless they have a purpose. I'm basing this purpose on my love of Nintendo's randomness. The way they include all sorts of oddball nods and content in their games. If they somehow paired a standard Wii U based achievement system with usable rewards as I've mentioned before, then I'd like that.

If it's just to emulate the other consoles then no thanks. (But I'll still be in line lol) I'll just have to ignore them in the event they add them.

Edited on by Mercury9

ReleaseTheBears

In-game achievements are almost useless because there's nowhere you can show them off.

ReleaseTheBears

CanisWolfred

ReleaseTheBears wrote:

In-game achievements are almost useless because there's nowhere you can show them off.

...yes there is. Your Gamercard can be put into your signature on several sites and be shown off anywhere, and anyone can see your achievements in Steam, Xbox Live, and Playstation Network.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mercury9

That's not a contradiction lol and aw bless for googling a special pic

One more time for those in the back, I hate achievements but if Nintendo include them on Wii U, WITH A PURPOSE by which I mean/already mentioned, usable content then I'll be happy. But I still dislike the whole idea and logic behind achievements unless they feature more than mere numbers.

Mercury9

Mickeymac wrote:

ReleaseTheBears wrote:

...yes there is. Your Gamercard can be put into your signature on several sites and be shown off anywhere, and anyone can see your achievements in Steam, Xbox Live, and Playstation Network.

I may be wrong but Bear may be referring to Nintendo consoles there. Nintendo are random in their nature that's why I love them. They don't follow suit and help evolve gaming. If they include achievements with Wii U I'd prefer they had a reason to be included (.....again )

Look at 3DS Streetpass Quest. Clear a room and you can earn items for your Mii and music you can listen to. Things you can actually use and enjoy. If the fruits of your labour serve no real purpose then I cannot see their point.

Mercury9

OMG -_-

Would you accept a pay raise or a piece of paper with "well done" written on it? Most if not all Nintendo games feature some form of unlockable in game content. If they made this as standard and displayable somewhere like a profile card then I'm all for it. As for self satisfaction, that's awesome but like I just said most Nintendo games have in game content that you can achieve. Content that you can use to further your gaming experience but currently cannot share and display. If Nintendo made that possible then I'd be a happy Birdo

Chrono_Cross

Mercury9 wrote:

Would you accept a pay raise or a piece of paper with "well done" written on it?

Is it a purty piece of paper?

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.