Wii U Forum

Topic: Should wii u have achievements/trophies

Showing 101 to 120 of 233

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

101. Posted:

NintendoLink wrote:

I dont like The way achivement and trophy system works today.
Should only get 1 trophy/reward for completing the game, nothing more.
If not, dont add it at all.

I'm pretty sure you don't understand the point of achievements and thropies.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

102. Posted:

shake_zula wrote:

What can I say, I'm a completionist. I just don't like to have too much to complete.

But then you'd be completing a hard task. I thought that was the point of being a completionist. Getting everything in any game is hard, but you do that regularly. You don't feel like going for the next big step?

Not that it matters, most achievements aren't superhard like that, and even the ones that are, don't do them, or at least give up after you've tried and seen that you can't do it. You can still call yourself a completionist so long as you complete most of your games.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Willerz

103. Posted:

Achievements are a must if Nintendo wants to retain it's hardcore demographic. A lot, (and I said 'A LOT', not 'ALL') hardcore gamers tend to be completionists too and having the option of using achievements would increase replay value, enhance the level of community (you can show-off to your online friends, compete against each other). I say Nintendo should definitely introduce them on two conditions: 1) they do not intrude on the game too much, 2) they are optional for people that don't like them.

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

104. Posted:

Willerz wrote:

1) they do not intrude on the game too much, 2) they are optional for people that don't like them.

That should be easy so long as they follow everyone else's example.:P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ReleaseTheBears

105. Posted:

I want a trophy system based on Shine Coins, 1-Up Mushrooms, Power Stars, and a Triforce for a platinum.

I like achievements and trophies in concept, but most of the games that I end up 100%ing and trying to complete challenges in end up being Mario games. I'd love to be able to create a gamercard or whatever those things are and show off Platinum'ed Mario games and such.

Edit: Oh, and somehow create a way to get a Trophy for completing a virtual console game.

Edited on by ReleaseTheBears

ReleaseTheBears

AuthorMessage

shake_zula

106. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

shake_zula wrote:

What can I say, I'm a completionist. I just don't like to have too much to complete.

But then you'd be completing a hard task. I thought that was the point of being a completionist. Getting everything in any game is hard, but you do that regularly. You don't feel like going for the next big step?

Not that it matters, most achievements aren't superhard like that, and even the ones that are, don't do them, or at least give up after you've tried and seen that you can't do it. You can still call yourself a completionist so long as you complete most of your games.

No, like I said I'd just prefer to not have to play a game through more than once to "achieve" everything. I don't often replay single player campaigns for fun - the last time I did it was with Modern Warfare 2, and I've never done it with a Wii game. There's a lot of Wii games that I have "100%'d" because I liked them, but I wouldn't want to have to replay them to earn a trophy. Like, I loved Rayman Origins enough to complete all of the challenges, but I wouldn't want to play through it again as a different character.

I just don't enjoy having to go back over trodden ground, I'd rather move on to a new game once I've been through all the levels. It's probably linked in some way to the fact that I don't enjoy the Metroidvania style of game, I hate having to backtrack (although don't get me wrong, I did enjoy Metroid Prime 3).

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

AuthorMessage

shake_zula

107. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

shake_zula wrote:

No, like I said I'd just prefer to not have to play a game through more than once to "achieve" everything. I don't often replay single player campaigns for fun - the last time I did it was with Modern Warfare 2, and I've never done it with a Wii game. There's a lot of Wii games that I have "100%'d" because I liked them, but I wouldn't want to have to replay them to earn a trophy. Like, I loved Rayman Origins enough to complete all of the challenges, but I wouldn't want to play through it again as a different character.

I just don't enjoy having to go back over trodden ground, I'd rather move on to a new game once I've been through all the levels. It's probably linked in some way to the fact that I don't enjoy the Metroidvania style of game, I hate having to backtrack (although don't get me wrong, I did enjoy Metroid Prime 3).

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

108. Posted:

While I used to be firmly against achievements, I'm slowly coming around. I still don't love them, but I have no problems if they can be turned off. In some games I like to get them, in others I couldn't care less.

As others have said, there is demand for achievements, so Nintendo would be disadvantaging themselves by not including them.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

109. Posted:

YES! I don't know why I like them but your always striving to complete this achievement and get that trophy. It adds longetivity. So if they make it have a purpose, I'm in

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

Henmii

110. Posted:

I think they are overrated! I always hear: Microsoft has achievements and Nintendo doesn't!
But that's not true!! Several Wii games have achievements, it's just that other people can't see your achievements online!

You want examples of games on Nintendo consoles that have achievements? What about Megaman 10, or the Adventure island game found on Wiiware, Or Kirby's mass attack? Just 3 examples. That they aren't called literally "achievements" doesn't make them no achievements!!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

0megapit231

111. Posted:

I would like to see an achievement system but I would like to see Nintendo work the achievements with actual uses then just a form of bragging rights.

0megapit231

AuthorMessage

Bankai

112. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

I think they are overrated! I always hear: Microsoft has achievements and Nintendo doesn't!
But that's not true!! Several Wii games have achievements, it's just that other people can't see your achievements online!

You want examples of games on Nintendo consoles that have achievements? What about Megaman 10, or the Adventure island game found on Wiiware, Or Kirby's mass attack? Just 3 examples. That they aren't called literally "achievements" doesn't make them no achievements!!

The point of achievements is that they're console wide and universal, not locked in to a game.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

113. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

The point of achievements is that they're console wide and universal, not locked in to a game.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

114. Posted:

shake_zula wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

shake_zula wrote:

That's...the exact opposite of being a completionist, just so you know. :/

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ReleaseTheBears

115. Posted:

There's three things I hate about achievements/trophies:

1) Grinding achievements (Kill 1500 [enemies]/with your [weapon]"
2) How they get tied to accounts and can't be removed. Say I want to play a game but don't want to display achievements for it because I will never 100% it, should be able to just delete it.
3) Multiplayer achievements, especially ones like "Win 10 matches in a row." It just promotes boosting and lessens my desire to actually do them.

ReleaseTheBears

AuthorMessage

mamp

116. Posted:

I don't care for achievements but they should be on the Wii U since people really like them, also most games make them optional you don't need them to get through the game.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

Mercury9

117. Posted:

No but if Nintendo must add them the I hope they make them serve a purpose rather than just sitting on the screen. Unlockable Mii items like the hats on 3DS or in game bonuses for example would be good. Digital numbers on a screen are frankly pointless and who really, honestly cares about your gamerscore/trophy collection?

Achievement unlocked....I DIDN'T UNLOCK ANYTHING!!!!

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage

Xilef

118. Posted:

I wouldn't mind achievements as long as it unlocks something. Kinda like KI:U or SSBB does it. When you complete a achievement, you get something like a trophy och item or something like that. Like people have been saying, stuff like Mii hats would be awesome, but would rather earn stuff in the actuall game rather then getting stuff for my Wii U, if you get what i mean.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

Mercury9

119. Posted:

Xilef wrote:

I wouldn't mind achievements as long as it unlocks something. Kinda like KI:U or SSBB does it. When you complete a achievement, you get something like a trophy och item or something like that. Like people have been saying, stuff like Mii hats would be awesome, but would rather earn stuff in the actuall game rather then getting stuff for my Wii U, if you get what i mean.

I get you...I basically just said that lol When Wii U hits, I'll go online to see what my friends are upto not complete for a meaningless 10 points that lack a purpose! If it must be points then maybe they could function in a similar way to play coins and serve as a impromptu online currency so that we may buy customisation items like profile pics, backgrounds, themes (if they'll exist!) for Wii U's home menu. I call the name Nintendollar! :D

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

120. Posted:

Me personally I hate achievements. Really they are a cop out for companies to claim that their game is X hours long when really it isnt that long unless you do all the achievements. I wouldn't mind if doing the achievements unlock something like extra stages or characters or what not but they don't. I could care less if you can stomp 100 goombas without touching the ground or do a 360 while flying through the air. However alot of people do seem to like achievements why is a mystery to me. Really the achievements don't disrupt the flow of the game so they might as well have achievements for those who do like them. It doesn't mean I have to do them.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311