Wii U Forum

Topic: Should the gamepad be "abandoned"???

Showing 121 to 126 of 126

AuthorMessage

skywake

121. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

The question is how many people bought the Wii U BECAUSE of the gamepad, that wouldn't have bought a Nintendo console with a wii mote or a traditional controller without a touch screen that was cheaper than the Wii U or the same price but more powerful or as powerful as PS4 at the same price.

To be as powerful as the PS4 it would have cost a fair bit more than what it does and killing the GamePad wouldn't have dropped the price that much. Frankly I think the number you're asking would be fairly significant. Personally I know I probably would have got it anyway because Nintendo but without the hook of the GamePad I probably would have waited for better software. In comparison if the 3DS had launched without 3D it wouldn't have changed anything for me.

These threads are a witch hunt, people are looking for something to blame but ignoring the software. The GamePad is a net-positive for the Wii U, launching with just New Super Mario Bros U and NintendoLand was a negative. If they had any of Wind Waker, 3D World, Mario Kart, Smash Bros or Pikmin 3 at launch we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

MAB

122. Posted:

Until the time comes it will always be a classic example of ↓

HATERS GONNA HATE ;)
Untitled

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

electrolite77

123. Posted:

No. It wasn't a great idea in the first place but there'd be no point in abandoning it now.

electrolite77

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

124. Posted:

Can we just get rid of this useless thread please?

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

125. Posted:

I agree. This thread is pointless. I don't see how anyone could ever think Nintendo would "abandon" the GamePad in the first place. It's part of why people like the console, and it wouldn't make sense to make the GamePad optional when that's the interface they're trying to create in comparison to another system, where it is optional.

Optional vs. mandatory. If you want GamePad features to be optional, just buy another system. If you like Nintendo IPs, but not the GamePad, you can't expect Nintendo to make sonething optional that theylre trying to make a standard on their system. You're basically guaranteed to have a second screen for EVERY piece of software. I don't see how that's a bad thing.
Same thing with the Kinect. Making sure you have the camera won't make developers question whether they can utilize the feature on a a "complete" scale.

I could say Sony is just as stupid for making the PS Eye and Move optional.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

126. Posted:

the gamepad is innovative, I think it's one of the best things that nintendo has come up with for the past 10 years

I really love the interaction with it, the gameplay, it's still classic but yet modern, it doesn't feel awkward (like wii motion whatever did to me personally). I use my gamepad all the time. Rayman Legends and TLOZ WW make great use of it. And art academy of course. And wii fit u.

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

Sorry, this topic has been locked.