Wii U Forum

Topic: Should Link be a girl?

Showing 161 to 180 of 374

AuthorMessage

Reala

161. Posted:

This thread is so genderist, I take my daily dose of offence now.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

162. Posted:

What ever happens, if Nintendo ever transforms Link into a girl they'll probably do something, even if it's a small meaningless thing, that will make the same people mad at them.

Like when they gave Samus human emotions.
Or when they made Princess Peach rescue Mario by abusing her emotions.

They live in a country where a girl who hits the pervert who got too close to her must apologize, after all.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

WildMan

163. Posted:

This thread has gotten way too serious over a little issue..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

164. Posted:

@WhiteKnight

I left out a part of my post by mistake. Just like any other long held belief or tradition its something that changes very slowly. The fact that sexism as a whole is still an issue is proof of that. Zelda is a long standing series and a sudden change like this would cause an uproar. I'm not saying its right but it is what it is.

Change is never easy but just because people find it hard to swallow or object at first doesn't make them sexist or anything else. When someone objects to change its because they are happy with the system thats in place and the way the world works, they are afraid of distruptingt the natural order of things and the chaos it insures. People are creatures of habit and change by its very nature is bad.

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

165. Posted:

I'm just gonna agree with the truth Zombie Barioth is saying and pray I never know whatever horribleness happened in this thread.

also considering the amount of loud and immediate hatred of my "multi-game linear continuing story" idea despite the fact that it's already proven to work spectacularly this gen and to a far lesser extent has been used in other Nintendo games even, I'm not surprised at the HOW DARE YOU CHANGE MY CHILDHOOD people that inevitably made this topic an instant hit.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

KAHN

166. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

if zelda were a man, then he would probably end up being an a-hole about it, because it's very likely to me it seems that zelda would have a lot of pride in his head, so if you ended up saving him, he'd probably say:
"took you long enough" or "ppssshhh! i let him kidnap me!" or "hey sexy lady!"

as long as he's not saying 'well excuuuuuuuuuse me, Link!', i guess we can't complain.

that said, if you're going to troll like that, this kinda isn't the thread for it. please be serious. :/

actually dragon, im being dead serious :/. i imagine men stereotypically as proud figures. im a little proud myself. that's what i really imagine a male zelda to say (minus that last bit of course). i mean, dont we already have at least a little amount of townspeople that already act like that? i wasnt even attempting to troll D:

Because this topic is just so serious. It may not be life or death, but it's pretty damn close.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

167. Posted:

...OSP wins this thread. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

168. Posted:

@WhiteKnight Of all the games you could have chosen to display feminine strength, why choose Lollipop Chainsaw? Why not Tomb Raider? Wet? Bayonetta? Mirror's Edge? Heavenly Swords? Final Fantasy XIII? Any of these display more powerful feminine figures than Lollipop Chainsaw...

Anyway, this thread is a little out of hand. It isn't sexist for Link to be male. It isn't sexist for Zelda to be captured. It was the idea of the time and it is a formula that works. I personally don't care if Link is a girl in an upcoming Zelda game, but with Link being male for the entire rest of the series and him being...basically an icon of Nintendo as a male, it probably isn't something Nintendo is looking into.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

169. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This is what I found with a simple Google Search. I wouldn't mind a female Link, but now I'm worried about...those people and what they would do to Link through those types of artwork... [shudders]

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

170. Posted:

@kyuubikid213: No offense, but if you think that whatever 'they' would do to Link in female form hasn't already been done to him in male form, you're sorely mistaken. I fail to see how it's a point of contention.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

171. Posted:

@kyuubikid213 See, we don't even have to imagine what Link would look like as a girl. That is what fan artists are for!

(Besides, there is rule 34 and 63...)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

KAHN

172. Posted:

@kyuubikid213 so i heard you like 9gag...

KAHN

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

173. Posted:

@kyuubikid213 Please cut out my eyes. ;.;

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Final-Starman

174. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I Second This. :P

Edited on by Final-Starman

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

175. Posted:

You know in some alternate universe out there amongst the cosmo's our alternate selves are having same discussion...about Link being boy :o (or what ever she goes by over there).

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

176. Posted:

Final-Starman wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I Second This. :P

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

LittleKing

177. Posted:

I had heard of people like OP, but I wasn't sure whether or not they even existed. Until now. Dang Make-Link-femaleists.

I'm fine with every incarnation of Link being male, just like I'm fine with Samus being female. No one's saying "hey let's just kill off Samus and make a new male replacement for her!" Also, even though they're all different Links, we think of them as one character. When we play SSBB we don't say someone's playing as a Link; we just say they're Link. A female version of Link wouldn't really be Link, they'd have to be a separate character, otherwise it would just seem too bizarre.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

178. Posted:

Seriously, I am quite astonished how the idea of Link being female has all of sudden become this rallying point. I hate to say it, but the average gamer of any sex is not thinking "Link should be a girl!" I think we should debate sexism in video games, I have actually been thinking a lot about in the past week. I seriously don't think Link being a girl is a way to solve anything. I know I said this a million times, but it really is random and pointless. You don't just randomly mess with established icons. Again, wouldn't something like this be better for a new series? I believe in equal rights for everyone, no exception. However, something like perceived sexism in games is not a clear cut women getting rights issue. Women are not being denied anything so it isn't clear cut. Probably the main problem I have with the "feminist" side is that their proposed solutions tend to be pretty awful. They also seem to not factor in things that such as audience. I easily see what they are talking about, but those things really seem to separate me from that side of the debate. I find I see some truth in both sides. Rare, speaking I almost am always able to pick a very clear position on social issues.

Edited on by scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

KAHN

179. Posted:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

Seriously, I am quite astonished how the idea of Link being female has all of sudden become this rallying point. I hate to say it, but the average gamer of any sex is not thinking "Link should be a girl!" I think we should debate sexism in video games, I have actually been thinking a lot about in the past week. I seriously don't think Link being a girl is a way to solve anything. I know I said this a million times, but it really is random and pointless. You don't just randomly mess with established icons. Again, wouldn't something like this be better for a new series? I believe in equal rights for everyone, no exception. However, something like perceived sexism in games is not a clear cut women getting rights issue. Women are not being denied anything so it isn't clear cut. Probably the main problem I have with the "feminist" side is that their proposed solutions tend to be pretty awful. They also seem to not factor in things that such as audience. I easily see what they are talking about, but those things really seem to separate me from that side of the debate. I find I see some truth in both sides. Rare, speaking I almost am always able to pick a very clear position on social issues.

+1

KAHN

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

180. Posted:

Link would be cute as a girl :*
Although he already is cute! :)

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Sorry, this topic has been locked.