Wii U Forum

Topic: Screen protector recommendation!

Showing 1 to 12 of 12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Treverend

1. Posted:

Hey NintendoLifer's, just wanted to say that I got the Hori screen protectors and they ROCK. They are officially licensed by Nintendo and the I got em because I loved the 3DS one. No air bubbles, no anything, went on perfect and it simply. If you're worried about scratching your screen or just want to protect your investment I strongly recommend these. Uses no glue neither like some other kinds, all static. Plus it only costs around $8 U.S. dollars if you order online from GameStop.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-U-Precision-Screen-Filter-Nintendo/...

GameStop: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-precision-scr...

Proud black Wii U owner. :)
Favorite game series: The Legend of Zelda

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4692-4399 | Nintendo Network ID: Treverend

AuthorMessage
Avatar

blackside

2. Posted:

Ya I got one of these free with my wii u and it's the first screen protector I've ever had for any device that has gone on without one bit of dust or bubble.
Mine came in a package with a nice full size stylus pen also fyi.

blackside

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GeePers

3. Posted:

I bought this one with the two styli and have been happy with it...

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-write-protect...

Wii U Nintendo ID: GeePers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Axiom25

4. Posted:

This site has a few of them and a guide to put them on: http://wiiuscreenprotectors.com

Axiom25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

5. Posted:

Hori hands down are the best. They are expensive but it's worth it.

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

theWAITisOVER

6. Posted:

have u got a screen protector? for ex wii u gamepad accessory set ??
i think that it is too expensive, but is it needed?

thank u ;-)

theWAITisOVER

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

LeeGarbutt

7. Posted:

I always go with Hori protectors with all of my Nintendo systems - They're great quality and always the easiest to apply.

Video Contributor, Nintendo Life - www.youtube.com/user/nintendolife
What do you want to see on the Nintendo Life YouTube channel? Tell me on Twitter!

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5581-9216 | Nintendo Network ID: WhiteSpyderZero | Twitter: TheLastMetroid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I_Am_Kappa

8. Posted:

You should know by now that you should never scratch a screen with a sharp object, it's 2014 and if you didn't know this you have to learn a lot about this century and in life

I_Am_Kappa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Octane

9. Posted:

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

You should know by now that you should never scratch a screen with a sharp object, it's 2014 and if you didn't know this you have to learn a lot about this century and in life

I'm always very careful with my electronics, I've had several phones with a touch screen, and all are a little scratched, my original DS as well. If you use something for long enough, it'll wear down eventually. A screen protector isn't bad idea at all if you're using the device on a daily base.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I_Am_Kappa

10. Posted:

Octane wrote:

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

You should know by now that you should never scratch a screen with a sharp object, it's 2014 and if you didn't know this you have to learn a lot about this century and in life

I'm always very careful with my electronics, I've had several phones with a touch screen, and even my original DS, and all have little scratches. If you use something for long enough, it'll wear down eventually. A screen protector isn't bad idea at all if you're using the device on a daily base.

Just change the stylus on your DS or use a stylus for your phone... its really not that hard to not wear it down in my experience

Edited on by theblackdragon

I_Am_Kappa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

11. Posted:

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

Octane wrote:

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

You should know by now that you should never scratch a screen with a sharp object, it's 2014 and if you didn't know this you have to learn a lot about this century and in life

I'm always very careful with my electronics, I've had several phones with a touch screen, and even my original DS, and all have little scratches. If you use something for long enough, it'll wear down eventually. A screen protector isn't bad idea at all if you're using the device on a daily base.

Just change the stylus on your DS or use a stylus for your phone... its really not that hard to not wear it down if you are a smart human being

Not really. I've had tons of devices I was really careful with, and they still got scratches. I don't get the argument about screen protectors. If you get one, you don't have to be as careful anymore. It's only $8. I use my Wii U to browse the internet alot, which requires the touch keyboard. If I want to type fast, scratches are going to happen, which is why getting a screen protector is what a "smart human being" would do.

What stylus would really decrease the chance of scratching your screen?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sinalefa

12. Posted:

I thought I would never need a screen protector until I scratched the touch screen on my Cosmo Black 3DS. After that I have always used one for both my 3DS and my Wii U Gamepad.

Worst part is that a friend of mine actually warned me about this long before it happened, but I did not listen to him since I thought it would not happen to me because I was being careful when using the stylus.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.