Forums

Topic: Rumor: Third Sonic Game coming in 2015 and is Multiplatform

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Deleted

Untitled

• Jazwares, a toy maker which produces Sonic the Hedgehog products, appeared at the Nuremberg International Toy Fair last week
  • The company brought along the sign that seemingly reveals the existence of a new, untitled Sonic game.
  • Assuming the image above is believable, we’ll be seeing the Blue Blur in a new title on the Wii U, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in 2015.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-sega-releasing-new-sonic-...

Deleted

DefHalan

I would guess Nintendo is going to get a Sonic game this year which would end the deal with Nintendo and lead to the 2015 multiplatform game

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MasterHiggins

Must be a quicky port like Sonic and Sega Ultimate Genesis Hits to get out of contract.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

10000mario

I wish we got a port of sonic generations on Wii U.

10000mario

Samurai_Goroh

Nintendo wouldn't be paying for a multiplatform game. This has to be another Sonic game entirely.

Samurai_Goroh

shingi_70

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

Nintendo wouldn't be paying for a multiplatform game. This has to be another Sonic game entirely.

The next sonic game to come out this year could be a mini game collection or a port for all we know.

Its makes sense that with the sonic film and cartoon launching the series would go back to being mutliplatform.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Samurai_Goroh

shingi_70 wrote:

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

The next sonic game to come out this year could be a mini game collection or a port for all we know.

Its makes sense that with the sonic film and cartoon launching the series would go back to being mutliplatform.

You're right, we shouldn't assume it to be a mainline platformer. We got Lost World and Mario & Sonic last year (which falls already on the mini-game category). I wouldn't mind if it was Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 2. That's as good as it gets, on Sonic spin-offs and a serious contender to Mario Kart. But, still, we're deemed to have something exclusive Sonic this year.

Samurai_Goroh

Legendary

I could have sworn Iwata said SSB was the third game in deal when he was revealed for it

Legendary

Bolt_Strike

I'm guessing the third exclusive is probably a spinoff of some sorts (hopefully one that would utilize the Gamepad well, like Tails Adventure 2 or something).

The multiplatform one is almost certainly a main series game. It's interesting that it's releasing for all 3 consoles, I thought for sure SEGA would ignore the Wii U like they did with the Wii last gen, but I guess they think the Wii U is close enough to the PS4 and One that they could afford to make a Wii U version.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I'm guessing the third exclusive is probably a spinoff of some sorts (hopefully one that would utilize the Gamepad well, like Tails Adventure 2 or something).

The multiplatform one is almost certainly a main series game. It's interesting that it's releasing for all 3 consoles, I thought for sure SEGA would ignore the Wii U like they did with the Wii last gen, but I guess they think the Wii U is close enough to the PS4 and One that they could afford to make a Wii U version.

SEGA ignored the Wii last gen?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

baba_944

Maybe it's a third entry in the storybook series. Remember how "SEGA" posted a poll about what would you like to see in a third Sonic storybook series? The winner of the poll was Greek mythology and myths. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Storybook_series Third bullet point in the "Trivia" section.

Who are you?

GuSolarFlare

Kodeen wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

SEGA ignored the Wii last gen?

I think he means the PS360 games weren't released on Wii; Generations, Unleashed, etc...

don't know about Generations but Unleashed was on the Wii and Sonic had a few Wii exclusives on top of that

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Bolt_Strike

My point was that the Wii wasn't capable of running the same kinds of games. Sure, the Wii still got Sonic Unleashed, but it was a downgraded port with cut content, different level design, and slightly different gameplay. It wasn't able to play the PS360 versions of Unleashed and Generations, you couldn't get the full experience if you stuck with the Wii. This doesn't seem to be the case this time.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

ZyroXZ2

I hope the Wii U version sells the best so we can be all like "suck it!" to the PS4/XBox1 owners who are going to hate on the game because the "Wii U is weak, it held our versions back"... lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

Randomname19

baba_944 wrote:

Maybe it's a third entry in the storybook series. Remember how "SEGA" posted a poll about what would you like to see in a third Sonic storybook series? The winner of the poll was Greek mythology and myths. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Storybook_series Third bullet point in the "Trivia" section.

So we are going to get something like "Sonic and the 12 labours of Heracles" or "Sonic and the Argomauts?" XD

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Bolt_Strike

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

I hope the Wii U version sells the best so we can be all like "suck it!" to the PS4/XBox1 owners who are going to hate on the game because the "Wii U is weak, it held our versions back"... lol

Pretty sure most Microsoft and Sony fans don't care about Sonic that much, they think it's too "kiddy" just like most Nintendo IPs. In fact, the Wii U version probably will sell more for that reason, the series appeals more to Nintendo's core fanbase than it does Microsoft and Sony's.

Bolt_Strike

MAN1AC

Bolt_Strike wrote:

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

Pretty sure most Microsoft and Sony fans don't care about Sonic that much, they think it's too "kiddy" just like most Nintendo IPs. In fact, the Wii U version probably will sell more for that reason, the series appeals more to Nintendo's core fanbase than it does Microsoft and Sony's.

Those Lost World sales numbers show that Nintendo fans care don't either. They have an animated series and movie coming up but I think Sonic is going to be getting the Mega Man treatment from Sega pretty soon.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

DonnyKD

MAN1AC wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

Those Lost World sales numbers show that Nintendo fans care don't either.

Yeah, it's not like it was on a console that didn't have many sales and didn't get alot of advertisment. Its just a coincedence that Colors outsold Generations and Generations 3DS outsold the HD version.

DonnyKD

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.