Forums

Topic: RUMOR: nintendo ReUmagined range

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

SuperWiiU

I'd love to play a full remake of Super Mario 64 & Pilot Wings 64. If it sells well that will be a good reason for Nintendo to make a SM64 sequel.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

CaviarMeths

Can I blink yet? It's been almost a year and my eyes are getting super dry.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SuperWiiU

gage_wolf wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

If this rumor pans out, I hope the term 'reUmagined' never becomes a reality, because that's just terrible.

How about Wii-Imagined?

Wii-mastered.

That would give the wrong message. U-pgraded(just upgraded but the U of the Wii U logo) would suffice.

SuperWiiU

gage_wolf wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

If this rumor pans out, I hope the term 'reUmagined' never becomes a reality, because that's just terrible.

How about Wii-Imagined?

Wii-mastered.

That would give the wrong message. U-pgraded(just upgraded but the U of the Wii U logo) would suffice.

It was a joke.

Isn't this whole topic?

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Atariboy

This thread is based on fiction created to generate website hits for the source of the rumor, but if they were to commission further HD remasterings, I'm confident they'd follow the pattern already set and not even create a brand for the line of releases.

New Player Control didn't fly so well the last time around so I rather suspect anything further will be marketed just as Wind Waker U and Wii Sports Club have been and be positioned as full fledged Wii U releases rather than putting even the minimum of official emphasis on their true nature (beyond perhaps HD being appended to the title).

And I'm extremely skeptical that anything will happen with N64 remasterings on the Wii U (Although several Rare classics on XBLA show that such a project can be economically done and yield a pleasing picture... although in no way would such a thing ever justify the same $50 that Wind Waker U garnered for most).

We might see more in this area for the 3DS like the often rumored Majora's Mask 3D, but I'm confident that anything further for the Wii U will rely on the previous two generations of Nintendo hardware for its source material. The best the N64 might get is for HD rendered emulations of some of its classics finally appearing on the Wii U's own Virtual Console.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

veeflames

I think that this ReUmagined range is the entrance of N64, DS and GameCube games to the Virtual Console... assuming this is all true.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Atariboy

This rumor is nearly a year old and required a huge leap to believe when it was initially posted (Which should never of happened at any website that wants itself taken seriously since it was obviously a fake from the PaulGaleNetwork to get hits).

The lack of anything to collaborate it over the past 11 months or so should convince even the most optimistic individual that wants to believe in everything they'd like to see happen that there was no truth in what they posted as "news".

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

bluemage1989

I think n64 remakes are a bit far fetched the amount of work required to bring the games up to modern standards would be to high and they'd be just as easy to port to the VC but some GameCube HD remakes would be great!! Wave Race is crying out for the HD treatment as is Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion and Eternal Darkness and FZero

bluemage1989

ZurrrrBlattTron

A zombie thread oh noez and why repaint Mario 64? Kinda dumb considering a Mario 64 DS HD Turbo Championship Blaze Red Edition would be more nice

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

sub12

gage_wolf wrote:

This, although I would still love to see HD versions of Nintendo classics

sub12

bluemage1989

ReUmagined implies there's a series of remakes as opposed to just one or two... Could these become a regular twice yearly thing for Nintendo??

bluemage1989

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.