Wii U Forum

Topic: RUMOR: New Super Smash Bros. Name Leaked.

Showing 61 to 78 of 78

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

61. Posted:

But Smash Bros. isn't a wannabe fighting game. Because it doesn't try to be something like.. that Fighting Streets game.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

62. Posted:

Mario is a slacking. There have been too many leaks lately :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

63. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Mario is a slacking. There have been too many leaks lately :P

HA! Haha! hahaha... ha... ha.
idgi

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

64. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Mario is a slacking. There have been too many leaks lately :P

HA! Haha! hahaha... ha... ha.
idgi

INFIDEL! He is a plumber, and plumbers fix leaks! B-)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

65. Posted:

No one brought up Sakurai's comment on this via Twitter.. He neither confirms or denies the leak.

He says that he won't start work on Smash Bros. till Kid Icarus wraps up and that he doesn't know what characters will be in.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

66. Posted:

I doubt Universe will be the name.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

67. Posted:

It's Strife.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

68. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Reggie was hoping for Super Smash Bros. Utopian

Now that I like, but it's the opposite of fighting, so it's a quite ironic name.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

69. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

But Smash Bros. isn't a wannabe fighting game. Because it doesn't try to be something like.. that Fighting Streets game.

Smash Bros. is a fighting game, just like Mario Kart is a racing game. In a fighting game, you hit your opponent till you get a knockout (in Smash Bros. case, literally knock them out of the stage).

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

70. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

But Smash Bros. isn't a wannabe fighting game. Because it doesn't try to be something like.. that Fighting Streets game.

Smash Bros. is a fighting game, just like Mario Kart is a racing game. In a fighting game, you hit your opponent till you get a knockout (in Smash Bros. case, literally knock them out of the stage).

I remember looking at a developer interview where they said they didn't think the game as a fighting game...forgot what else he said though, but yeah...lol
EDIT: So yeah, apparently Universe will NOT be the name huh? xD

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

71. Posted:

Actually, officially, Smash Bros. is an action game. But either way, fighting games don't have to be the same.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

72. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

But Smash Bros. isn't a wannabe fighting game. Because it doesn't try to be something like.. that Fighting Streets game.

Smash Bros. is a fighting game, just like Mario Kart is a racing game. In a fighting game, you hit your opponent till you get a knockout (in Smash Bros. case, literally knock them out of the stage).

I remember looking at a developer interview where they said they didn't think the game as a fighting game...forgot what else he said though, but yeah...lol
EDIT: So yeah, apparently Universe will NOT be the name huh? xD

Source?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

73. Posted:

We'll get the source come E3 next year. Mark your calendars.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

74. Posted:

Atomic_3DS_Man wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

But Smash Bros. isn't a wannabe fighting game. Because it doesn't try to be something like.. that Fighting Streets game.

Smash Bros. is a fighting game, just like Mario Kart is a racing game. In a fighting game, you hit your opponent till you get a knockout (in Smash Bros. case, literally knock them out of the stage).

I remember looking at a developer interview where they said they didn't think the game as a fighting game...forgot what else he said though, but yeah...lol
EDIT: So yeah, apparently Universe will NOT be the name huh? xD

Source?

Well the developer said he's not going into any Smash Bros. development until Kid Icarus is done. So, the name thing is pretty much fake then.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OrdonianLink

75. Posted:

I think they said Universe because it would be implementing on 3rd party characters (Nintendo Universe, SEGA Universe, etc)

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & Link977
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day
Where the NL Chat was born... kinda

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836

♪All Those Years Ago♪

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Flamingbird

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

76. Posted:

Well, Smash Bros. is a world itself. Where trophies of game characters fight and where locales are based off locations from their worlds.

Yeah, obvious, but it'd be cool to see some 3rd party characters come in. Not to the point where it overtakes Nintendo's (there's plenty of characters Nintendo could add from their big catalogue of characters).

I think Geno should definitely be in if SE is even going to be on board. They have rights to a character they don't even use. At all. Not even merchandising or anything, if people want to argue something like Disney not using classic characters in new cartoon shows.

Going off on a tangent...

I do hope Sonic and Snake stay. And hope Bomberman shows up.
I'd really want to see Ray MK II as a playable fighter from Custom Robo. Olimar is supposed to be less than the size of a GCN disc and Kirby is supposedly 8cm tall, so the size arguement is irrelevant (though, Ray was an assist trophy that pretty much portrayed him well in size).

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

77. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

Well, Smash Bros. is a world itself. Where trophies of game characters fight and where locales are based off locations from their worlds.

Yeah, obvious, but it'd be cool to see some 3rd party characters come in. Not to the point where it overtakes Nintendo's (there's plenty of characters Nintendo could add from their big catalogue of characters).

I think Geno should definitely be in if SE is even going to be on board. They have rights to a character they don't even use. At all. Not even merchandising or anything, if people want to argue something like Disney not using classic characters in new cartoon shows.

Going off on a tangent...

I do hope Sonic and Snake stay. And hope Bomberman shows up.
I'd really want to see Ray MK II as a playable fighter from Custom Robo. Olimar is supposed to be less than the size of a GCN disc and Kirby is supposedly 8cm tall, so the size arguement is irrelevant (though, Ray was an assist trophy that pretty much portrayed him well in size).

Snake no.
Bomberman, Mega Man, and Sonic yes.

Snake just felt so out of place in Brawl. His animations were all jerky and stiff, and his use of guns and explosives didn't mesh well with the cartoony atmosphere of the game.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

78. Posted:

Well, he never used a gun.. But i do think that yeah, he didn't fit in, but eventually, he just sank in :P

Remember: Snake appeared in a game alongside a Beyblade character, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Barbie-look alike and I think Optimus Prime.

komicturtle