Forums

Topic: RUMOR - Big remastered game coming to Wii U in 2015

Posts 81 to 100 of 230

C-Olimar

brewsky wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

I heard Nintendo may release an "Old Play Control" range. Similar to the Wii's New Play Control for GameCube titles, but instead of adding motion controls it in fact takes them away from Wii games.
I for one am looking forward to Old Play Control Skyward Sword most.

Interesting, but Skyward Sword will never happen. That game is built around motion controls.

I was joking about Old Play Control, but I'd love Skyward Sword with buttons. It would take a lot of work though.
Wouldn't mind a Phantom Hourglass/Spirit tracks remaster on Wii U. Keep touch conrols where they make sense and give us buttons for everything else.

C-Olimar

unrandomsam

RR529 wrote:

I just don't understand why anyone would think the Wii U would ever get a Majora's Mask remake.

The reason you don't see PS1/N64 remasters is because you'd have to rebuild them from the ground up for an HD console, which defeats the purpose of a remaster, which is to inexpensively fill in a schedule gap. If you're going to spend the money to build a game from the ground up, it might as well be a new game.

3DS simply makes more sense, since they wouldn't have to completely have to rebuild it, and because of OoT3D, the engine already exists for the platform (heck, this would still benefit Wii U as well, as it would be an inexpensive way to release a 3DS game, while allowing them to save more money for Wii U development).

Is the Xbox 360 version of Symphony of the Night not exactly what you say doesn't happen ?

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

RR529

unrandomsam wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I just don't understand why anyone would think the Wii U would ever get a Majora's Mask remake.

The reason you don't see PS1/N64 remasters is because you'd have to rebuild them from the ground up for an HD console, which defeats the purpose of a remaster, which is to inexpensively fill in a schedule gap. If you're going to spend the money to build a game from the ground up, it might as well be a new game.

3DS simply makes more sense, since they wouldn't have to completely have to rebuild it, and because of OoT3D, the engine already exists for the platform (heck, this would still benefit Wii U as well, as it would be an inexpensive way to release a 3DS game, while allowing them to save more money for Wii U development).

Is the Xbox 360 version of Symphony of the Night not exactly what you say doesn't happen ?

No, because that's not a remake.

If I'm not mistaken, when it came to the XBLA releases of SotN, Banjo Kazooie, Sonic 2, etc. they just reworked the visuals to display in HD, and added achievements. Other than the achievements (which Nintendo platforms don't have), these games are no different from Wii U Virtual Console games, in terms of what they offer/how they look.

This rumour is centering around the idea of a BIG remake (presumably retail, like WWHD), which would require more work than just an HD upscale to make an N64 title worth it at retail.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WebHead

My guess will be Super Mario Sunshine HD.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rallydefault

Gonna be weird here, but I would love a Metroid Prime remaster because I never got to play all the way through! And if the internet can be believed, the GameCube didn't sell too well, so maybe they'd hit a pretty big audience of FPS gamers who never got to experience it but are willing to try it because Metroid is cool no matter who you are.

rallydefault

GuSolarFlare

rallydefault wrote:

Gonna be weird here, but I would love a Metroid Prime remaster because I never got to play all the way through! And if the internet can be believed, the GameCube didn't sell too well, so maybe they'd hit a pretty big audience of FPS gamers who never got to experience it but are willing to try it because Metroid is cool no matter who you are.

Untitled
this isn't really old...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Bolt_Strike

GuSolarFlare wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Untitled
this isn't really old...

There were also a low number of copies produced to the point where you can't get away with paying less than $100 for it now, and on top of that, the Prime games would probably benefit the more from the Gamepad than any other game, so another re-release wouldn't hurt.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

unrandomsam

RR529 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

RR529 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, when it came to the XBLA releases of SotN, Banjo Kazooie, Sonic 2, etc. they just reworked the visuals to display in HD, and added achievements. Other than the achievements (which Nintendo platforms don't have), these games are no different from Wii U Virtual Console games, in terms of what they offer/how they look.

This rumour is centering around the idea of a BIG remake (presumably retail, like WWHD), which would require more work than just an HD upscale to make an N64 title worth it at retail.

I see that as pretty much the same as Windwaker HD.

A remake is something like DS Final Fantasy III.

RR529

unrandomsam wrote:

RR529 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I see that as pretty much the same as Windwaker HD.

A remake is something like DS Final Fantasy III.

Yes, but 6th gen games (GCN, PS2, Xbox) have aged well enough, that when you upscale them to HD, they can still pass as retail games.

As for 5th gen games (N64, PS1), even when they're upscaled to HD, they still look too outdated to be acceptable as a retail release. Thus would have to be rebuilt from the ground up if they wanted to release it at retail (and if they are going to be spending the money to build a game from scratch, they might as well go ahead and just make a new game).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DefHalan

What if they remake Mario 64 using Mario 3D World engine and assets?

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

River3636

Mario 64 has been over done already

K.F.

Bolt_Strike

River3636 wrote:

I don't think it would be a big deal if they added stuff to it. But if they just rehash 64 or 64 DS, then that'd be boring.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

SparkOfSpirit

Symphony of the Night is a 2D sprite game. How is that in any way comparable with a 3D game like Majora's Mask? One is significantly easier to port than another.

Anyway, I would only get Star Fox Assault and Adventures if they were bundled together. Otherwise, not gonna happen.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DefHalan

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Anyway, I would only get Star Fox Assault and Adventures if they were bundled together. Otherwise, not gonna happen.

I don't think they would be bundled together, they are completely different games. Also if they remade Assault, I would hope for a online multiplayer feature which would make Assault completely worth it by itself

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

unrandomsam

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Symphony of the Night is a 2D sprite game. How is that in any way comparable with a 3D game like Majora's Mask? One is significantly easier to port than another.

I thought it was a remake (Looks like it is not) Windwaker isn't either it is a slightly enhanced port of a bad game to start with.

The DS Final Fantasy III & Final Fantasy IV is a better example they are remakes.

Nintenjoe64

Gumshoe

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Joeynator3000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

River3636 wrote:

I don't think it would be a big deal if they added stuff to it. But if they just rehash 64 or 64 DS, then that'd be boring.

I doubt they would remake the game twice.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Bolt_Strike

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

River3636 wrote:

I doubt they would remake the game twice.

Never underestimate the desperation of a large scale developer looking to make a quick buck. Besides, I'm pretty sure re-remakes have been done before.

Bolt_Strike

Yoshi

Here's the deal. Nintendo remakes game so that people who haven't had a chance to play the game before will have one now. Super Mario 64 DS introduced a ton of new gamers to the N64 Classic, and considering how successful the DS, I'd imagine plenty of people have had their fill of Super Mario 64.

Same with Wind Waker HD. Given it's limited market, not many people got to play the game, which is why it was a candidate for a remake.

So, if this rumor is true, Nintendo will most likely pick a game that is relatively old or has not had a chance to reach a substantial market, thus trying to capture as many people as possible who have not played the game before.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.