Forums

Topic: RUMOR - Big remastered game coming to Wii U in 2015

Posts 41 to 60 of 230

DefHalan

WaLzgi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Pokemon Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness remake double pack!!!!!!!!!! With online battling and Pokemon Bank conntection, getting ready for Pokemon Z being a Wii U exclusive HD Pokemon game

I'll give you credit for how high these hopes are

It was more of a joke lol, but I wouldn't mind it

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

I'd be fine with any of the following:

Kirby 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Galaxy

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

SCRAPPER392

It will probably be a remake of Urban Champion.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Knux

WaLzgi wrote:

Wii U needs more Mario obviously

Indeed, and here's hoping for New Super Mario Bros. Ultimate Collection in 2016!

Knux

arnoldlayne83

CaviarMeths wrote:

I would buy Kid Icarus: Uprising HD. Great game, but it desperately needs a second analog stick.

I agree totally.. Even remote+nunchuck would work fine

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

Blast

Its either Metroid, Pokemon, or Kirby.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Taceus

SCAR392 wrote:

It will probably be a remake of Urban Champion.

This wouldn't surprise me.
On topic, I'd like Wave Race or 1080 Snowboarding but a snowball has a better chance in heck.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Atariboy

brewsky wrote:

Williaint wrote:

Metroid Prime does NOT need another remake, and neither does Majora's mask.

How could Majora's Mask receive another remake when it hasn't been remade in the first place?

Neither has Metroid Prime, really. Beyond 16:9 support and the insertion of Metroid Prime 3's motion controls for the two GameCube games, what we got on Metroid Prime Trilogy was almost a straight port of the originals. They're enhanced and I'm not out to minimize how nicely done that release was, but at least in my book, that release qualified as a port rather than a remake.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Cia

Nintendo has been listening to their fans a lot lately. Based on this, i wouldn't be surprised if it was the Majora's Mask remake.

Cia

Zanark

Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 remastered. That would be a killer deal and might get some interested. Maybe its one or both of the Gamecube pokemon games(the RPG ones). Pokemon could really help get some extra sales in.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

CaviarMeths

Do we really need remasters of games that the Wii U is backwards compatible with? ._.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MrGawain

I doubt any game from the Wii will get remade, due to the backwards compatibility already being there and the fact were all sick off Wiimotes. But Gamecube definitely. It had a small userbase and the games have a similar control system, and the graphics aren't hard to update. Luigi Mansion and Mario Sunshine seem possible.

I personally think Majora's Mask would be one Zelda game too many for the Wii U (count that double for Twilight Princess) but on N64 titles, I'd love to see Wave Race, Pokemon Snap, or one of my personal favorites Blastcorps.

Or maybe we could get a 3ds port?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Atariboy

We've gotten at least one 1st party Wii remaster thanks to Wii Sports Club which is essentially a remake of the original Wii Sports. But in general, I think your logic is sound.

And this rumor is claiming a big remastered release in 2015 for the Wii U. If we put any stock in that (Which I caution against doing), we can safely put to rest any thought of it being Majora's Mask because a full fledged Zelda sequel is already slated for next year on the Wii U. It makes little sense to release an ambitious remake of Majora's Mask so close to Zelda U on the same platform.

I think we have enough hints of something happening with Majora's Mask to at least give the chance of a remake a 50/50 shot of happening in the near future, but it would all but be guaranteed of being a 3DS project. Come Fall 2015, A Link Between Worlds will be two years old, Ocarina of Time 3D was extremely well received early in the 3DS's lifespan, Grezzo is more than capable of giving MM similar treatment, it would provide a 3DS opportunity to take advantage of Zelda U's hype, and the effort needed to upgrade it to 3DS standards similar to OoT3D would be significantly less than updating it to something approaching Wii U's high standards of graphical fidelity.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Nintenjoe64

I hope they remake everything N64 and GC that hasn't had a game since (i.e. Waverace, F-Zero, 1080' and Geist) and add online and Wii controls if they're not thinking about adding anything else.

@Hy8ogen Top Gear deserves a VC release at the very least. I was hoping Kemco would buy Project Cars and make that a new Top Gear game

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

vitalemrecords

If I were a betting Man, I would say Super Mario Sunshine. They are releasing the gamecube controller adapter thing. Just makes sense.

vitalemrecords

rjejr

vitalemrecords wrote:

If I were a betting Man, I would say Super Mario Sunshine. They are releasing the gamecube controller adapter thing. Just makes sense.

That, and if you look at the level in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker where he's in a minecart throwing turnips using the Gamepad, it looks just like like the roller coaster level in SMS. Though of course using the Gamepad would negate the Gamecube adaptor, which creates quite the dilemma. or dual control options.

SMS:

CTTT:

BTW, since early this year I've been waiting for a SMS HD to be announced for this holiday. I'm still waiting for it in fact, but looks like I'll have to wait until next year. SSB and CTTT takes precedence I suppose.

Oh, and for those who like symmetry, WW HD released alongside SM3DW holiday 2013, so maybe SMS HD can release alongside Zelda U holiday 2015.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

HankLangley

You guys beg for a remake of Majoras mask, HD or 3D, then when this rumor comes out, you totally forget it exists? like, wat?

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Rezalack

@Nintenjoe64 We need an Eternal Darkness HD.. however unlikely it may be, it would be nice. (I believe we talked about this before)

I would actually really like to see Kid Icarus: Rising come to the Wii U as well seeing as I haven't had a chance to play it on the 3DS.. I've been kind of holding out hope for a Wii U version simply because it would fit there so well. I haven't played TTYD either so that would also be one I'm interested in.

@Doge I think a lot of people are ignoring Majora's Mask in this thread simply because they've already done one Zelda HD remake and there is a Zelda game coming out next year. Not sure if Nintendo would release 2 Zelda games in one year.. then again, it wouldn't be a terrible idea profit wise.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

SCRAPPER392

CaviarMeths wrote:

Do we really need remasters of games that the Wii U is backwards compatible with? ._.

This. You can still find Super Mario Galaxy games fairly easy, or even Twilight Princess and a handful of others, because of the Nintendo Select line. That's means it's probably something pre-Wii.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.