Forums

Topic: RUMOR - Big remastered game coming to Wii U in 2015

Posts 21 to 40 of 230

Atariboy

With Zelda U slated for next year, if true, I'd stake everything I have on it not being something like Twilight Princess.

If this rumor pans out, I'm personally hoping that it's Metroid Prime (Ideally, the entire trilogy). Something Mario related would be nice, but the Wii U is already well stocked with original Mario content so I'd rather see them take the opportunity to plug a gap in their lineup that isn't currently served by an original Wii U project.

I suspect that we'll get a remastered Zelda next year, but it will be Majora's Mask 3D for the 3DS. Twilight Princess HD, if it ever happens, I suspect will be on their next generation hardware to plug the gap as they work on an original Zelda sequel. It certainly could end up as a late Wii U release, but with the Wii U already well served in Zelda content (And able to play the Wii release of Twilight Princess via backwards compatibility, a title widely available new for $20 to this day), I think a remastering of it would be a stronger candidate a generation from now.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

SparkOfSpirit

Super Monkey Ball and Viewtiful Joe, please. I don't care if they're third party or not. You can even bundle their sequels in, but those I want.

Paper Mario: TTYD would be nice, too.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

C-Olimar

Probably not Zelda, since Zelda U's delay hasn't been announced yet, and with Majora 3D on the horizon. I wouldn't be surpised if it's Mario, but I'm hoping for something more exciting.
One thing I'm 90% sure of is that we'll get one remastered game, for full retail price. Obviously we can't be sure; Ninty did give us Metroid Prime Trilogy after all.
Really, as long as it's a game that could really benefit from a remaster I'll be content.

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

sub12

I guess this guy has some credibility due to previous reveals which turned out to be true (Devils Third and the newest Pokemon 3DS title). He also said that Nintendo was aiming for one release during every month of 2015, which technically would be feasible if you consider smaller titles like NES remix and Pushmo World. Ideally with the lack of Wii U titles that make the most out of the system, and the success of Wind Waker HD, Nintendo should be milking HD remakes.

I think F-Zero GX and Metroid Prime Trilogy make the most sense, considering the Wii U will soon be lacking in new racing and FPS titles now that Activision and Ubi have sailed off.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

MsJubilee

Okay if the rumor is true and the game that's being remastered is paper mario? I would freak out with happiness.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Rezalack

I will pretty much be happy with anything as long as it isn't Super Mario Sunshine. That will just depress me.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

TuVictus

One major game a month would fit right in with that ReUmagined rumor. Fill in the horribly long gaps between original major releases with much-wanted remakes. And people will complain, but I'd prefer remasters than no games for months at a time

TuVictus

Joeynator3000

.....Meh, can't think of anything clever to say.
I'll just say I'm hoping for TTYD instead. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

sub12

Operative wrote:

One major game a month would fit right in with that ReUmagined rumor. Fill in the horribly long gaps between original major releases with much-wanted remakes. And people will complain, but I'd prefer remasters than no games for months at a time

If Nintendo follows through with the one published release a month, I would imagine it would be a mix of second party, first party, and HD remakes.

sub12

Hy8ogen

Top Gear. Since we do not have any racing games yet

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

RR529

If true, I'm going with Metroid Prime HD.

It would be an inexpensive way to both fill a potential schedule gap, and to sate the appetite of fans who want to see a Metroid on Wii U.

Why Metroid? Well, there's already lots of Mario on the system (and already a couple of new Mario games slated for 2015 in Mario Maker & Mario Party), Zelda has already gotten a remaster (and Zelda U is supposed to hit next year already), Star Fox is already getting a new game, Donkey Kong already has a new game, Kirby is getting a new game, Yoshi is getting a new game, and Fire Emblem is already getting a new game as well (though it's a crossover).

That only leaves Metroid or Pokémon, and I think MP would be more likely than any number of the Pokémon spinoffs consoles get.

I suppose it could be F-Zero related (to gauge current interest in the series), but I still think Metroid comes first.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Knux

Super Mario All-Stars 2 confirmed.

Knux

LzWinky

Wii U needs more Mario obviously

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

mystman12

Wait, what about the original Donkey Kong Country games? I would love a DKC2 remake by Retro, but would Rare get in the way? Or does Nintendo own enough of the original trilogy to remake them?

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

I would buy Kid Icarus: Uprising HD. Great game, but it desperately needs a second analog stick.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SparkOfSpirit

Kid Icarus would be a good idea. I would certainly get it again.Especially if they add Wiimote and Nunchuck controls.

WaLzgi wrote:

Wii U needs more Mario obviously

Anyone who would turn down a re-release of The Thousand Year Door is a horrible person.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Atariboy

mystman12 wrote:

Wait, what about the original Donkey Kong Country games? I would love a DKC2 remake by Retro, but would Rare get in the way? Or does Nintendo own enough of the original trilogy to remake them?

I like your idea, but I'd instead change it up a bit. I'd love to see all three SuperNes titles released as a budget priced compilation running unchanged via emulation, accompanied by a HD remaster of Donkey Kong Country Returns (With the extra world from the 3DS port included).

And if that's not enough, port the Game Boy emulator that was utilized for Kirby's Dream Collection over to the Wii U and include the four classic Game Boy Donkey Kong games that otherwise likely will never be available on the Wii U since they predate the Game Boy Advance.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Williaint

I'm hoping for a Super-Mario HD All-Stars (64, sunshine, galaxy...)
I know: Ocarina of time HD 2.
Metroid Prime does NOT need another remake, and neither does Majora's mask.

Edited on by Williaint

Williaint

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9725-5097 | Nintendo Network ID: kingredcastle

Yoshi

Williaint wrote:

Metroid Prime does NOT need another remake, and neither does Majora's mask.

How could Majora's Mask receive another remake when it hasn't been remade in the first place?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.