Forums

Topic: RUMOR - Big remastered game coming to Wii U in 2015

Posts 161 to 180 of 230

Nintendo_Ninja

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

I would like to see SSBM Remastered THAT WILL BE AWESOME! sigh but I always have to look back at reality...

But Mario Sunshine is possible right?

Anything but Melee! We want that community to progress! Not backtrack and have a comparesthon between the new games and Melee.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

PKpunky wrote:

I'll just post what I said in the news section. Bring some Gamecube remasters like Star Fox Assault, Luigi's Mansion, F-Zero GX, Mario Sunshine, Custom Robo, Fire Emblem, or Mario Strikers to name a few.
2015 will be an interesting year for Nintendo.

Custom Robo and Fire Emblem please!!!!

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Blast

Remake MegaMan 64 and another hidden gem that got ignored and should be released again.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LegatoSkyheart

Blast wrote:

Remake MegaMan 64 and another hidden gem that got ignored and should be released again.

That would be such a tease for Capcom to re-release Legends like that.

LegatoSkyheart

Blast

LegatoSkyheart wrote:

Blast wrote:

That would be such a tease for Capcom to re-release Legends like that.

Hahah this is what I meant when I created that thread that Nintendo should be teaming up with Capcom more often.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Reverandjames wrote:

Nintendo would be smart to go for Majora's mask for Wii U rather than 3DS as OOT 3D propelled the 3DS' sales back in 2011. The only downside is, not as many people played MM (me included) on the 64, so it is not as a beloved Zelda game as OOT. Nintendo just need that killer game that more people will want to buy the system for.

I do feel that it will be a gamecube game however, as this will be much easier for Nintendo to give a HD coat of paint to.

The other downside is that it would have be built from the ground up, meaning it would take a few years of development, cost as much as Zelda U, and require Nintendo EAD to work it themselves.

Which is exactly what the Wii U doesn't need right now - using their best talent to spend 3 years doing a remake that about 500k of the installed base are going to buy, and sell almost no new systems.

EDIT: For the record, pretty much any remaster is only going to sell around 500k-1m to the installed base and likely not move many systems, but the difference is cost, development term, and talent involved.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Atariboy

Plus, this rumor says it's for 2015. If we're putting stock into this rumor, we can't ignore the date it lists at the same time. It absolutely isn't smart if they're building a from the ground up remake of Majora's Mask for the Wii U for a 2015 release when there's a full fledged sequel due next year on the same platform in this same franchise.

There isn't a grain of sense there so there's really no need to discuss this possibility. Nintendo's logic often befuddles the press and the consumers alike, but it's all but unimaginable that Nintendo would release Zelda U and an ambitious remake of Majora's Mask in the same year on the same platform.

As neat as that would be, one must remember that Nintendo is first and foremost a business. Never say never to a full fledged HD remake of either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, but I'm confident in saying that it's highly unlikely anything is in production there as we speak for the Wii U with Zelda U underway and hopefully nearing the finish line (And if it was, it definitely wouldn't be planned for release in the same calendar year).

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

DefHalan

I don't think it is going to be Star Fox because there is already a Star Fox game coming out next year. What if it was Luigi's Mansion?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think it is going to be Star Fox

It's not anything, it's a fake rumour.

Probably, still fun to think about

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think it is going to be Star Fox because there is already a Star Fox game coming out next year. What if it was Luigi's Mansion?

There's a good chance its Luigi's Mansion.... Maybe....

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Do you really think Nintendo wasn't gonna remaster another old game to help with the release schedule? HA! C'mon. Of course they are.

Master of the Hype Train

8BitSamurai

Blast wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Do you really think Nintendo wasn't gonna remaster another old game to help with the release schedule? HA! C'mon. Of course they are.

This rumour is 100% fake. These small sites like GoNintendo only get by by posting a hundred of these rumours every week.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Yoshi

8BitSamurai wrote:

Rumors are rumors, there's no such thing as a fake rumor.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

WebHead

8BitSamurai wrote:

Blast wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

This rumour is 100% fake. These small sites like GoNintendo only get by by posting a hundred of these rumours every week.

I hope you're not serious.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

8BitSamurai

WebHead wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Blast wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I hope you're not serious.

On the contrary, I am serious.

Here's another mastepiece from them. If you couldn't tell, nothing coming from them should be taken seriously.

Yoshi

It doesn't matter who reports the rumor. What does matter is who the source of the rumor is.

Just trying to put some perspective in this discussion.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

@8BitSamurai I'm willing to bet money that another HD remastered game comes to Wii U in 2015-2016. It has to be done to help with the release schedule!!! Can't you see how this is obvious decision? Nintendo doesn't wanna have dry months anymore!

Master of the Hype Train

retropunky

Other consoles are doing it, why can't Nintendo?

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

8BitSamurai

Blast wrote:

@8BitSamurai I'm willing to bet money that another HD remastered game comes to Wii U in 2015-2016. It has to be done to help with the release schedule!!! Can't you see how this is obvious decision? Nintendo doesn't wanna have dry months anymore!

Never said it would never happen, only that these rumours are bogus 99.999% of the time.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.