Forums

Topic: Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

Posts 101 to 120 of 132

Sisilly_G

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

I can dream can't I?

You sure can.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Blast

If Mega Man Wii U actually happens... What would it even be gameplay? Nintendo would obviously develop it because Capcom doesn't care. Should Mega Man be 2D or 3D? Ahhh... I want this to be a real thing. Lol

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

I imagine that with Mighty No. 9 making what like $4-5mil on Kickstarter and will probably sell half a million or more copies, we'll soon after get a news update that "Capcom is considering a new Mega Man title." It will be completely coincidental.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

I imagine that with Mighty No. 9 making what like $4-5mil on Kickstarter and will probably sell half a million or more copies, we'll soon after get a news update that "Capcom is considering a new Mega Man title." It will be completely coincidental.

Hahaha I still say Capcom doesn't care about Mighty. Even if Mighty has great sales, Capcom doesn't care. I don't think Capcom would be inspired at all. Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter is all they know now. If Capcom did care, they would've contacted Nintendo long ago. The only reason I'm hoping for Mega Man is because I think Nintendo can do him justice and hopefully saw potential for a Mega Man game during Smash 4's development.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Hahaha I still say Capcom doesn't care about Mighty. Even if Mighty has great sales, Capcom doesn't care. I don't think Capcom would be inspired at all. Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter is all they know now. If Capcom did care, they would've contacted Nintendo long ago. The only reason I'm hoping for Mega Man is because I think Nintendo can do him justice and hopefully saw potential for a Mega Man game during Smash 4's development.

I think people should remember that A. Capcom has made ALL the Megaman merchandise and B. That presumably most of the actual developers want Megaman to be alive. So I could easily see them making a Megaman game eventually, just because I have no idea why Capcom wouldn't.

Of course. Capcom also decided that the 3DS Lost Planet game should stay in Japan despite being vastly better than Lost Planet 3 and Lost Planet existing mostly to pander to a Western audience. So common sense might not happen.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think people should remember that A. Capcom has made ALL the Megaman merchandise and B. That presumably most of the actual developers want Megaman to be alive. So I could easily see them making a Megaman game eventually, just because I have no idea why Capcom wouldn't.

Of course. Capcom also decided that the 3DS Lost Planet game should stay in Japan despite being vastly better than Lost Planet 3 and Lost Planet existing mostly to pander to a Western audience. So common sense might not happen.

Hmm... What do you realistically think the 3 exclusives are?

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Hmm... What do you realistically think the 3 exclusives are?

Megaman, Sonic All Stars Racing 3, that Namco game they announced recently

bluemage1989

Dragons Dogma 2 would be incredible as I loved the first and was one of my favourite games on 360. However with Dragons Dogma Online being worked on I doubt it'll happen. My guesses would be...

Pro Evolution Football filling the sport games niche left by FIFA.

Shemnue 3. I can see Nintendo paying big to get this and I think everyone would agree it would push sales massively of the WiiU.

Sega Multi pack. Retail releases containing new versions of Crazy Taxi, Powerstone and Samba Di Amigo. Maybe include some classic Sega games from earlier consoles as unlockable bonuses.

A new entry in the Tales series.

Some more Hyrule Warriors like projects maybe??

bluemage1989

CaviarMeths

bluemage1989 wrote:

Shemnue 3. I can see Nintendo paying big to get this and I think everyone would agree it would push sales massively of the WiiU.

Why would everyone agree to that? Shenmue was a colossal commercial disaster and has become the quintessential cautionary tale of video games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

According to Wiki, Shenmue needed to sell 2 copies to every Dreamcast owner to turn a profit.

Maybe SEGA would still be making hardware if they didn't make decisions like that.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

bluemage1989

CaviarMeths wrote:

bluemage1989 wrote:

Bayonetta 2 is a good recent example of a game never making the money to match its critical acclaim. Time has shown Shemnue to be a classic and while at the time a mega budget was required to make that game in this day and age its a lot easier and cheaper. It was a victim of being ahead of its time.

Why would everyone agree to that? Shenmue was a colossal commercial disaster and has become the quintessential cautionary tale of video games.

bluemage1989

whodatninja

I hope they will be more interesting than Devil's Third... I'm sorry but i just cant get excited for that game.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Blast

Realistically... I bet its 2 action games and another Nintendo franchise being used in a different way like Hyrule Warriors.

But I'm hoping for Mega Man Wii U and 2 JRPGS.

Master of the Hype Train

bluemage1989

I would literally cry tears of joy if Dragons Dogma 2 was a WiiU exclusive. A bigger world more towns and cities solid gamepad usage the same great art style and an epic storyline would be great. Devils Third is looking is shaping up good and I hope it looks the part as well as playing well. A game that combines the story telling and feeling of Max Payne with gameplay elements from Driver would be incredible but also unrealistic.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

I would literally cry tears of joy if Dragons Dogma 2 was a WiiU exclusive. A bigger world more towns and cities solid gamepad usage the same great art style and an epic storyline would be great. Devils Third is looking is shaping up good and I hope it looks the part as well as playing well. A game that combines the story telling and feeling of Max Payne with gameplay elements from Driver would be incredible but also unrealistic.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

Given January's Direct, I'd guess at least one of them is a match 3 puzzle game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

So the guy who leaked that Nintendo had got devil third posted in a E3 reaction video that Nintendo three more exclusives that like Devil's Third had been Multiplatform at some time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837335

3 more exclusives that have been multiplatform at some time..... Hmmmm.....

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

I still maintain that Square Enix should totally release a 3-in-1 FF13 trilogy pack. I know many people hate it, but 3 games for $60 would be a nice deal, and would introduce wii u-exclusive gamers to the FF series again.

Extremely unlikely, but it's just a thought.

I wonder when we'll find out about these 3 exclusives.

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

Operative wrote:

I still maintain that Square Enix should totally release a 3-in-1 FF13 trilogy pack. I know many people hate it, but 3 games for $60 would be a nice deal, and would introduce wii u-exclusive gamers to the FF series again.

Extremely unlikely, but it's just a thought.

I wonder when we'll find out about these 3 exclusives.

considering how Bravely Default and FFXHD both outsold Lightning Returns, maybe they should put a good FF game on

which they won't post-VI quite frankly, which is a shame. Pretty obvious both Sony and SE have some unspoken agreement about VII-XII.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.