Forums

Topic: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise from your grave, Wii U

Posts 141 to 160 of 188

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

My point is that everything you said makes no sense when we look at PS. As far as Ryse and Killer Instinct go, those are actually more relevant than Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or a action 3D fighter game, as of now, because they're new products for new systems that has no directly relatable software. Even Rayman has more in common with Mario than anything Microsoft has put out.

Untitled

This literally has $&@# all to do with whether or not Mario Kart is still relevant. A reasonable retort would have been to discuss the series continued popularity based on sales figures and merchandising.

MikeLove

skywake

Artwark wrote:

@skywake

what other japanese companies were as big as Nintendo at that time?

Also let's fact facts that time can't change and that Nintendo did the gaming standards so just admit that and forget that it would've been different because it isn't anymore. Nintendo did wonders just face it?

I'm looking forward to the next Metroid game but I would want it in 2D. Don't care if its for the Wii U or 3DS, I would get it cause I'm really loving the original Metroid for NES.

I'm not trying to say it didn't happen and I wasn't obsessing about the US gaming crash, please read my first post again. Also as far as the gaming crash is concerned, since you seem to be obsessed with it, it was a simple equation. Gaming had only crashed in the US and not in Japan. Japanese companies were doing just fine. Instead of Nintendo it could have just as easily been someone like Sega, Capcom or Namco who capitalised on that market void if Nintendo didn't exist. Sega had two consoles out during that era anyways and probably would have been the Nintendo saviour instead of Nintendo if they had been smart enough to notice the opportunity before Nintendo did.

Nintendo are and have been innovators and I'm not trying to say they aren't. Sometimes though I think some fanboys overstate the importance of the brands they follow. Often it's the market and available tech moulding the products of innovative companies more than the raw innovation of companies. It's like that Apple example I mentioned, they didn't create the tablet or the MP3 player. Those things already existed and given the way tech was going were going to become better and more marketable anyways. Apple were just smart enough to push it hard and early with the right design.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

My point is that everything you said makes no sense when we look at PS. As far as Ryse and Killer Instinct go, those are actually more relevant than Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or a action 3D fighter game, as of now, because they're new products for new systems that has no directly relatable software. Even Rayman has more in common with Mario than anything Microsoft has put out.

Untitled

This literally has $&@# all to do with whether or not Mario Kart is still relevant. A reasonable retort would have been to discuss the series continued popularity based on sales figures and merchandising.

Ya, Mario Kart sells better than plenty of series, COMBINED. It's a given that Mario Kart sells better than alot of things, so I didn't see the reason to bring up anything more than what I did.

That's why I'm saying that the concern that Mario Kart isn't relevant, is better spent on a series that actually needs concern.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Snagrio

I have to ask, don't you guys ever get tired of having these exact same conversations over and over?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MAB

WingedSnagret wrote:

I have to ask, don't you guys ever get tired of having these exact same conversations over and over?

My prefered piece of plastic is better than your prefered piece of plastic... What are ya gonna say about that

[insert blank stare GIF here]

MAB

SCRAPPER392

WingedSnagret wrote:

Yes. The only reason why we talk about stuff like this, is because people keep making damn threads like this.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Snagrio

SCAR392 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Yes. The only reason why we talk about stuff like this, is because people keep making damn threads like this.

You could just, you know, ignore them. Then perhaps there wouldn't be so many threads like this, or at least ongoing ones.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SCRAPPER392

WingedSnagret wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

You could just, you know, ignore them. Then perhaps there wouldn't be so many threads like this, or at least ongoing ones.

Meh. Alot of people always suggest that. It never really "solves" anything, to say the least...

Qwest

OptometristLime

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Untitled

Hilarious gif!

shingi_70 wrote:

Is Mario Kart still relevant though? I mean it didn't help the gamecube any and by the time the game came out on the Wii the Systems marketshare was so big that alot of software just benefitted from being there.

I really think the above quote should be refuted, before another divisive argument starts up.
Because there were many Wii consoles in the wild - that makes the software sales redundant?

There could be an argument made about over use of certain franchises, but why wouldn't Nintendo lean on a brand that moves dozens of millions of copies?

Overall, it is the second best-selling game for Wii at 34.26 million copies sold, after Wii Sports as of March 31, 2013.[2] Mario Kart Wii is also the best-selling racing game of all time.[3]

Think about all the games that were alienated by the Nintendo fan base, even against a large global install base. Sure, brand recognition played a large role, but that leads to a circular argument:

Nintendo game sales don't reflect overall trends, because
Fans always purchase first party content, ergo
These products always bring in a lot of revenue, but
Nintendo game sales don't reflect overall trends... except they do, because first party content is a core pillar of Nintendo's business model.

In no way should the large scale success of Mario Kart, in a generation dominated by Nintendo consoles, be seen as eroding its relevancy. On the contrary, that means tens of millions more households have been exposed to the Mario Kart series.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Klimbatize

SCAR392 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Meh. Alot of people always suggest that. It never really "solves" anything, to say the least...

But having the same argument over and over again does...

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

nathanjones007

JonnyKong wrote:

I don't really quite understand what's going on in this thread, but does anybody know why the vgchartz haven't updated in a while?

Thats a good question. It has been nearly three weeks.

Edited on by nathanjones007

nathanjones007

nathanjones007

WebHead wrote:

I was at WalMart last Friday night. There were two xbones and no one touched them. However I guy did buy the nsmb Wii u bundle. Just thought I'd share.

I saw 5 Xbones at Gamestop yesterday!

nathanjones007

shingi_70

The store I worked at sold out of everything but 2DS and Vita's which says alot. We had someone come in and buy the Wii U skylanders bundle and one of every figure we had.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Socar

I do wonder how Nintendo can focus hardcore gamers getting a Wii U..... There's Zelda, Smash, 101 and many others and yet they still can't see that.......

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

JonnyKong

109,000 sold in Japan last week apparently.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Azooooz

Media Create Sales 2013 (Dec 16 - Dec 22)

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
1.[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment, 12/12/31) – 256,373 (800,003)
2.[3DS] Pokemon X and Y (Nintendo, 10/12/13) – 212,666 (3,572,829)
3.[PS3] Shin Gundam Musou (Namco Bandai, 12/19/13) – 126,019 (New)
4.[PS3] Drakengard 3 (Square Enix, 12/19/13) – 114,024 (New)
5.[Wii U] Super Mario 3D World (Ninendo, 11/21/13) – 86,408 (327,514)
6.[PSV] Shin Gundam Musou (Namco Bandai, 12/19/13) – 52,667 (New)
7.[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/13) – 41,137 (3,564,124)
8.[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life (04/18/13) – 38,405 (1,584,122)
9.[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 37,034 (3,067,313)
10.[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go Glaaxy Big Bang / Supernova (Level-5, 12/05/13) – 33,328 (155,488)
11.[3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind (Spike Chunsoft, 12/05/13) – 30,363 (166,145)
12.[3DS] Aikatsu! 2-ri no My Princess (11/21/13) – 29,223 (146,898)
13.[3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (Namco Bandai, 08/01/13) – 28,562 (378,584)
14.[3DS] One Piece: Unlimited World R (Namco Bandai, 11/21/13) – 28,108 (169,388)
15.[3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo, 03/20/13) – 26,931 (985,442)
16.[PSV] Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram (Namco Bandai, 12/19/13) – 26,363 (New)
17.[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 03/20/11) – 26,931 (2,205,807)
18.[3DS] Sentouchu Densetsu no Shinobi to Survival Battle (Namco Bandai, 10/17/13) – 24,842 (158,239)
19.[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, 07/28/12) – 24,154 (2,182,408)
20.[Wii U] Wii Party U (Nintendo, 10/31/13) – 23,972 (119,100)

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
1.3DS LL – 164,078 (130,710)
2.Wii U – 109,113 (74,903)
3.3DS – 68,522 (50,846)
4.PlayStation Vita – 50,087 (30,440)
5.PlayStation 3 – 24,573 (23,959)
6.PSP – 9,905 (6,475)
7.PlayStation Vita TV – 5,504 (5,506)
8.Wii – 1,711 (1,197)
9.Xbox 360 – 763 (536)

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

I can't believe that they still sell the original Wii even after it was discontinued. Nonetheless, a good hardware boost for Nintendo consoles.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

SCRAPPER392

Klimbatize wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

But having the same argument over and over again does...

It all starts from a thread topic. I wouldn't be posting onto threads like this, if they didn't exist. There's probably at least 20 threads each, talking about sales, specs, or whatever that have been made in the past year. I know this thread in particular is trying to be beneficial by saying that things are improving for Wii U, but it's still a sales thread, nevertheless.

So ya, I'm gonna post on the forum even though it has an abundance of "negative" threads. In order o ignore these types of threads, I would have had to have basically been absent from this online community(or any video game related community, really) for the past year.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CanisWolfred

Azooooz wrote:

I can't believe that they still sell the original Wii even after it was discontinued. Nonetheless, a good hardware boost for Nintendo consoles.

Indeed. Those are the kind of numbers I was hoping for this Christmas.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Azooooz wrote:

Probably clearing the stock they had left of the Original Wii. But man that's a nice little hardware boost for the Wii U. Even if the Wii U doesn't due gangbusters I hope it can grab a alot of niche but good third party software like the Wii did, despite me thinking it won't happendue to reasons.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.