Forums

Topic: (Report) Wii U to be 50% more powerful than PS3

Posts 101 to 120 of 120

Lordy

@WaltzElf-
No, I called Halo and CoD a fad. The FPS genre has seen it's share of amazing titles, sorry if I came across as a Nintendo fanboy, or something, as that really couldn't be farther from the truth. I'd be more than glad to see more titles like Half-Life 2 or Bioshock coming out, seeing as how they're not utterly generic and lifeless.

Lordy

C-195

Don't forget that the Wii U is still technicallly in it's prototype stage of development, and a prototype can be very different from the final version. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U is 75-100% more powerful than the PS3 at release.

(I'm an inventor so I have experience with these things myself)

Edited on by C-195

C-195

abINC4L

Nukerprime64 wrote:

Don't forget that the Wii U is still technicallly in it's prototype stage of development, and a prototype can be very different from the final version. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U is 75-100% more powerful than the PS3 at release.

(I'm an inventor so I have experience with these things myself)

Actually, Nintendo announced that the system will only be somewhat more powerful than the PS3 in order to keep the system affordable.

NNID: AB88INC4L

Mandoble

Gents, remember that to have something noticeabilty more powerfull than something else you need far more than just 100% better. I would say 500% is the minimum. Take this as an example, PS3 is between 10 and 15 times more powerfull than the Wii, but I bet most of you would say "perhaps it is100% more powerfull ...", well, not 100% but 1000% or more. Sony did multiply the power by 15 from PS2 to PS3. Nintendo did multiply the power by only 2 between NCQ and Wii.

Mandoble

Meta-Rift

@Mandoble: 500%? That means it would take more than five PS3s working together to match a Wii U. A console like that would have enormous production costs, and it probably wouldn't be able to run without overheating. Most of that extra power wouldn't even make a difference to the player, either. 50% sounds about right, especially since the PS4/720 aren't coming out soon.

Meta-Rift

Azooooz

Well I don't know about these statistics, but here's what I know: The developers from third-party said that Wii u surpasses PS3 in term of power. I don't know where I have read this, but you can search it on Google.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Slapshot

@Lordy The FPS genre is seriously better than ever at the moment:

• Crysis 2 - graphically stunning and the multiple abilities that are found in the game create for one of the most unique online experiences that I've seen. Perfect controls and balanced gameplay, and a good single player story.
  • Killzone 3 - One of, if not the best, single player FPS game on the market. To say that this game is Epic in scale is an understatement. FPS motion control is finally perfected here and awesome online is packed with unique modes and cheap DLC.
  • Resistance 2 - Awesome, long single player campaign that is hard as nails. A deep story and loads of awesome weapons - inspired by Ratchet and Clank games - make this a top tier shooter, and that isn't even counting in the online modes.
  • FEAR 2 - Awesome story, gameplay and scary as hell. Very unique FPS shooter experience.
  • Bulletstorm - I don't even know how to explain this game, but if feels like an action/adventure and FPS hybrid that is a absolute blast.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - come on, it Deus Ex in HD and looking amazing.
  • Left 4 Dead 2 - hordes of zombies and shotguns and brutal melee kills and fully online co-op. Unique Valve blend that is as great as Half-Life.
  • Borderlands - FPS cell-shaded dungeon crawler with tons of loot. Awesome DLC and online co-op and Crawermax (you'd have to see to understand).
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - the ultimate Rainbow Six game that perfects everything in the series before it and your in Vegas.
  • Inversion - Taking the FPS into the realm of inverted gameplay. Looking sharp but still not too much know yet.
  • Singularity - FPS that allows you to shift time, and even decay enemies and the environment. Awesome graphics, gameplay and controls, and this is a very overlooked recently released game.

These are just a few of the great one that are out and upcoming, and that isn't even taking things into the 3rd person shooters. These games are going nowhere and are here to stay!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

komicturtle

When is the next Rainbow Six coming out?? Watching my brother play, it looked really fun and much more appealing than CoD or any other recent FPS.

Left 4 Dead is obviously fun. Borderlands- love it and how it blends the FPS genre with RPG elements. Bulletstorm? Eh..

I'm curious to see if Valve will make TF3. TF2 is pretty much dead on consoles but I would like them to embrace WiiU and the other next gen consoles just as they have on PC. PS3 ihas some Steam incorporated- so bringing that to WiiU and the other next consoles would be stellar.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

C-195

komicturtle92 wrote:

When is the next Rainbow Six coming out?? Watching my brother play, it looked really fun and much more appealing than CoD or any other recent FPS.

Left 4 Dead is obviously fun. Borderlands- love it and how it blends the FPS genre with RPG elements. Bulletstorm? Eh..

I'm curious to see if Valve will make TF3. TF2 is pretty much dead on consoles but I would like them to embrace WiiU and the other next gen consoles just as they have on PC. PS3 ihas some Steam incorporated- so bringing that to WiiU and the other next consoles would be stellar.

The only reason TF2 is dead on consoles is because of the cost and limits of constantly updating them compared to PCs.

C-195

Mandoble

@Rift, yes, 500% as minimum. PS3 is like 15 PS2, PS4 would be like what? Very same did happen between XboX and 360. A jump in power of only x1.5 will unlikely happen for these. As a matter of fact, new portable Sonly Vita might be equivalent to 7 Wiis or even more and it is cheaper than 3DS (and doesnt overheat). CPUs have advanced quite a lot in the past 7 years, production costs should not be a big issue for a x5 PS3. And believe me, a power of PS3x10 would make a lot of difference for the players, mostly because many PC games that simply cannot run in today's consoles would be running fine. Anyway, if Nintendo is again thinking about a console just able to run Mario's in HD, a PS3x1 is already way more than enough, problem is that not a single other game dev company cares at all about 2D platformers.

Mandoble

Meta-Rift

Mandoble wrote:

@Rift, yes, 500% as minimum. PS3 is like 15 PS2, PS4 would be like what? Very same did happen between XboX and 360. A jump in power of only x1.5 will unlikely happen for these.

You're forgetting a few things. When you're comparing graphical power on a scale of that size, the human eye can barely tell the difference as it is. Do you really think something like that would have a significantly noticeable difference on the average living room TV set? There won't be consoles with that kind of power until the technology that enables it is available to the average person. The PS4 isn't coming anytime soon, either. If the Wii U really is more powerful than five PS3s, then most of it will be lost once the player is actually experiencing it.

Meta-Rift

Mandoble

@Rift, I've never referred to graphical power, but to computational power (which also includes graphical power). You might have a pretty nice family trees, and create a forest with these. Now your power migth allow you to create this forest with 10 of these nice looking trees or with 1000 trees plus rocks, rivers, lakes, ruins. But now you need to put something else there, what about some wolves? 5 wolves or might be 50 wolves? Ah, but each wolf might have the inteligence of a potato, or perhaps reacts like a real one. What abount adding some bears there, smart ones too. Why not some birds? Add some fog, rain, lightnings, wind effects moving the trees and sheets, dark and dense clouds moving. And all of that just to create an atmosphere in a particular area of your 50 square kilometers "land". What about an army crossing that forest? 500 men between pikemen, swordmen, archers, horses? What about a big battle in that forest? And if these warriors were really intelligent, not just silly scripted? Of course this cannot be done in today's PS3. But would you like to play that kind of games in the near future? Or just Marios? Because with a today's PCs you can.

Mandoble

Meta-Rift

@Mandoble: Yes, that's all going on behind the scenes, and yes, "more powerful" doesn't have to mean "better graphics". Today's technology isn't as powerful as real life, but it's still plenty powerful enough to create an immersive experience. The PS4 won't be out for a long time, and there's no need for the Wii U to be as ridiculously overpowered as you claim. Yes, eventually, but there's no way it would happen now. If you want to stick with your PC and play CoD for the rest of your life, that's fine, but just because a high-end PC is capable of more doesn't mean a console isn't capable at all.

Edited on by Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift

AirCop

Mandoble wrote:

@Rift, I've never referred to graphical power, but to computational power (which also includes graphical power). You might have a pretty nice family trees, and create a forest with these. Now your power migth allow you to create this forest with 10 of these nice looking trees or with 1000 trees plus rocks, rivers, lakes, ruins. But now you need to put something else there, what about some wolves? 5 wolves or might be 50 wolves? Ah, but each wolf might have the inteligence of a potato, or perhaps reacts like a real one. What abount adding some bears there, smart ones too. Why not some birds? Add some fog, rain, lightnings, wind effects moving the trees and sheets, dark and dense clouds moving. And all of that just to create an atmosphere in a particular area of your 50 square kilometers "land". What about an army crossing that forest? 500 men between pikemen, swordmen, archers, horses? What about a big battle in that forest? And if these warriors were really intelligent, not just silly scripted? Of course this cannot be done in today's PS3. But would you like to play that kind of games in the near future? Or just Marios? Because with a today's PCs you can.

Super Mario Bros - 40+ million copies sold, one of the most important video games in history.
Super Mario Bros 3 - Arguably the best 8bit game. Close to 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario World - Launch title for the SNES, still (arguably) the greatest 2D platform game of all time. 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario 64 - Universally (almost) regarded as the finest video game of all time, when it launched, back in 1996.

Jumping to today's consoles -
Super Mario Galaxy (IGN 9.7 - Gamespot 9.5 - Metacritic 97-100)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (IGN 10 - Gamespot 10 - Metacritic 97-100)

The series has, since 1985, been consistently of the highest quality, the foremost importance, the best selling, critically successful, and enjoyed by all ages. As a series of video games, it stands head and shoulders above all others.

So, to answer your question, Mario.

Mario, Mario, Mario.

Of course, both would be good, and there is nothing stopping me, you, or anyone else playing, and enjoying both.

So yeah - I pick both. But Mario if I have to make the choice.

So that's both, but Mario if I can't have both. If I can have both, I pick both.

Mario + both = better than just Mario, but Mario = more than the other side of both, if I can't have a whole both.

So the real question is - can you split both in half, and play that?

If only there was a Wolf with the intelligence of a Potato, we'd be fine. We could ask it, and it would be like - yeah, you can split both up, I'll do it for you.

Mind you, if you ever come across a Potato with the intelligence of a Wolf, the human race is doomed. DOOMED I TELLS YE!

And then it wont matter which video games we like, because we will all be slaves to the Super Potato-Wolf hybrids.

SLAVES I TELLS YE!

Edited on by AirCop

AirCop

komicturtle

Haha.
Smart Potatos... They can't be from Idaho, though

Can they?

komicturtle

default12345

Oooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy.

default12345

toby_bob3

thats the sacrfice you make for these ideas (double screen)

i keep being blocked ?

toby_bob3

nintendo= cheap price hounds+inovation= lowerd graphical specs (not by a whole lot tho)

i keep being blocked ?

LzWinky

I think it's funny how gamers are raising such a fuss over system specs, yet in the history of gaming the system with the highest specs rarely wins that generation in terms of sales numbers

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bboy2970

AirCop wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Super Mario Bros - 40+ million copies sold, one of the most important video games in history.
Super Mario Bros 3 - Arguably the best 8bit game. Close to 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario World - Launch title for the SNES, still (arguably) the greatest 2D platform game of all time. 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario 64 - Universally (almost) regarded as the finest video game of all time, when it launched, back in 1996.

Jumping to today's consoles -
Super Mario Galaxy (IGN 9.7 - Gamespot 9.5 - Metacritic 97-100)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (IGN 10 - Gamespot 10 - Metacritic 97-100)

The series has, since 1985, been consistently of the highest quality, the foremost importance, the best selling, critically successful, and enjoyed by all ages. As a series of video games, it stands head and shoulders above all others.

So, to answer your question, Mario.

Mario, Mario, Mario.

Of course, both would be good, and there is nothing stopping me, you, or anyone else playing, and enjoying both.

So yeah - I pick both. But Mario if I have to make the choice.

So that's both, but Mario if I can't have both. If I can have both, I pick both.

Mario + both = better than just Mario, but Mario = more than the other side of both, if I can't have a whole both.

So the real question is - can you split both in half, and play that?

If only there was a Wolf with the intelligence of a Potato, we'd be fine. We could ask it, and it would be like - yeah, you can split both up, I'll do it for you.

Mind you, if you ever come across a Potato with the intelligence of a Wolf, the human race is doomed. DOOMED I TELLS YE!

And then it wont matter which video games we like, because we will all be slaves to the Super Potato-Wolf hybrids.

SLAVES I TELLS YE!

That's the best post I've ever read

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.