Wii U Forum

Topic: (Report) Wii U to be 50% more powerful than PS3

Showing 121 to 128 of 128

AuthorMessage

AirCop

121. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

@Rift, I've never referred to graphical power, but to computational power (which also includes graphical power). You might have a pretty nice family trees, and create a forest with these. Now your power migth allow you to create this forest with 10 of these nice looking trees or with 1000 trees plus rocks, rivers, lakes, ruins. But now you need to put something else there, what about some wolves? 5 wolves or might be 50 wolves? Ah, but each wolf might have the inteligence of a potato, or perhaps reacts like a real one. What abount adding some bears there, smart ones too. Why not some birds? Add some fog, rain, lightnings, wind effects moving the trees and sheets, dark and dense clouds moving. And all of that just to create an atmosphere in a particular area of your 50 square kilometers "land". What about an army crossing that forest? 500 men between pikemen, swordmen, archers, horses? What about a big battle in that forest? And if these warriors were really intelligent, not just silly scripted? Of course this cannot be done in today's PS3. But would you like to play that kind of games in the near future? Or just Marios? Because with a today's PCs you can.

Super Mario Bros - 40+ million copies sold, one of the most important video games in history.
Super Mario Bros 3 - Arguably the best 8bit game. Close to 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario World - Launch title for the SNES, still (arguably) the greatest 2D platform game of all time. 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario 64 - Universally (almost) regarded as the finest video game of all time, when it launched, back in 1996.

Jumping to today's consoles -
Super Mario Galaxy (IGN 9.7 - Gamespot 9.5 - Metacritic 97-100)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (IGN 10 - Gamespot 10 - Metacritic 97-100)

The series has, since 1985, been consistently of the highest quality, the foremost importance, the best selling, critically successful, and enjoyed by all ages. As a series of video games, it stands head and shoulders above all others.

So, to answer your question, Mario.

Mario, Mario, Mario.

Of course, both would be good, and there is nothing stopping me, you, or anyone else playing, and enjoying both.

So yeah - I pick both. But Mario if I have to make the choice.

So that's both, but Mario if I can't have both. If I can have both, I pick both.

Mario + both = better than just Mario, but Mario = more than the other side of both, if I can't have a whole both.

So the real question is - can you split both in half, and play that?

If only there was a Wolf with the intelligence of a Potato, we'd be fine. We could ask it, and it would be like - yeah, you can split both up, I'll do it for you.

Mind you, if you ever come across a Potato with the intelligence of a Wolf, the human race is doomed. DOOMED I TELLS YE!

And then it wont matter which video games we like, because we will all be slaves to the Super Potato-Wolf hybrids.

SLAVES I TELLS YE!

Edited on by AirCop

AirCop

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

122. Posted:

Haha.
Smart Potatos... They can't be from Idaho, though :O

Can they?

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

default12345

123. Posted:

Oooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy.

default12345

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

124. Posted:

Air Cop, will you arrest me and take me away to Tornado land?
Cloud Coffee and Rainbow pie for everyone!

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

toby_bob3

125. Posted:

thats the sacrfice you make for these ideas (double screen)

i keep being blocked ?

AuthorMessage

toby_bob3

126. Posted:

nintendo= cheap price hounds+inovation= lowerd graphical specs (not by a whole lot tho)

i keep being blocked ?

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

127. Posted:

I think it's funny how gamers are raising such a fuss over system specs, yet in the history of gaming the system with the highest specs rarely wins that generation in terms of sales numbers

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

128. Posted:

AirCop wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

@Rift, I've never referred to graphical power, but to computational power (which also includes graphical power). You might have a pretty nice family trees, and create a forest with these. Now your power migth allow you to create this forest with 10 of these nice looking trees or with 1000 trees plus rocks, rivers, lakes, ruins. But now you need to put something else there, what about some wolves? 5 wolves or might be 50 wolves? Ah, but each wolf might have the inteligence of a potato, or perhaps reacts like a real one. What abount adding some bears there, smart ones too. Why not some birds? Add some fog, rain, lightnings, wind effects moving the trees and sheets, dark and dense clouds moving. And all of that just to create an atmosphere in a particular area of your 50 square kilometers "land". What about an army crossing that forest? 500 men between pikemen, swordmen, archers, horses? What about a big battle in that forest? And if these warriors were really intelligent, not just silly scripted? Of course this cannot be done in today's PS3. But would you like to play that kind of games in the near future? Or just Marios? Because with a today's PCs you can.

Super Mario Bros - 40+ million copies sold, one of the most important video games in history.
Super Mario Bros 3 - Arguably the best 8bit game. Close to 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario World - Launch title for the SNES, still (arguably) the greatest 2D platform game of all time. 20 million copies sold.
Super Mario 64 - Universally (almost) regarded as the finest video game of all time, when it launched, back in 1996.

Jumping to today's consoles -
Super Mario Galaxy (IGN 9.7 - Gamespot 9.5 - Metacritic 97-100)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (IGN 10 - Gamespot 10 - Metacritic 97-100)

The series has, since 1985, been consistently of the highest quality, the foremost importance, the best selling, critically successful, and enjoyed by all ages. As a series of video games, it stands head and shoulders above all others.

So, to answer your question, Mario.

Mario, Mario, Mario.

Of course, both would be good, and there is nothing stopping me, you, or anyone else playing, and enjoying both.

So yeah - I pick both. But Mario if I have to make the choice.

So that's both, but Mario if I can't have both. If I can have both, I pick both.

Mario + both = better than just Mario, but Mario = more than the other side of both, if I can't have a whole both.

So the real question is - can you split both in half, and play that?

If only there was a Wolf with the intelligence of a Potato, we'd be fine. We could ask it, and it would be like - yeah, you can split both up, I'll do it for you.

Mind you, if you ever come across a Potato with the intelligence of a Wolf, the human race is doomed. DOOMED I TELLS YE!

And then it wont matter which video games we like, because we will all be slaves to the Super Potato-Wolf hybrids.

SLAVES I TELLS YE!

That's the best post I've ever read :D

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970