Wii U Forum

Topic: Rayman Legends Unofficial thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 135

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LetsGoRetro

101. Posted:

MY TOP FIVE 2D PLATFORMERS OF ALL TIME

1 Rayman Legends
2 Yoshi's Island
3 Super Mario Bros. 3
4 Super Mario World
5 Super Metroid

Yep, it's that good. Sorry, Nintendo, your dominance in the 2D platformer genre is fading. All those years of edging out Capcom, only for Ubi to swoop in and grab the throne.

It's time to step the game up. Mario's Grass, Fire, Ice, Water simple world themes don't compare to the unique and complex worlds this game presents. They are so creative, so unique, so fun. Bouncing off dragons, flying in the air, hopping off and on crumbling castle towers, Mariachi themes, Music levels, it's just leaps and bounds beyond.

I don't want to play as TOAD! This game has dozens of cool characters. Sure their gameplay is the same, but so aren't Mario's characters'.

This game is so good.

LetsGoRetro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

102. Posted:

@letsgoretro yeah its a real shame, i cant imagine them ever changing the 2d mario formula now, its been to long.

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ddbangsy

103. Posted:

@letsgoretro I have to agree, and it's hard not to!
As much as I love Mario and have enjoyed being a part of Nintendo's history with 2d platforming to date, Rayman Legends is just so refreshing to play. This game brings some much needed innovation to the genre!

ddbangsy

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7160-3021 | Nintendo Network ID: ddbangsy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

104. Posted:

ddbangsy wrote:

@letsgoretro I have to agree, and it's hard not to!
As much as I love Mario and have enjoyed being a part of Nintendo's history with 2d platforming to date, Rayman Legends is just so refreshing to play. This game brings some much needed innovation to the genre!

Yeah, it was nice playing a good platformer for once! I almost want to get origins now just so I can try out another Rayman game. The fact that you don't have lives or a time limit in this game is awesome (well except the pseudo-time limit in invasions). Also, the online implementation is perfect. Nintendo needs to start taking notes!

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MasterChordles

105. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

ddbangsy wrote:

@letsgoretro I have to agree, and it's hard not to!
As much as I love Mario and have enjoyed being a part of Nintendo's history with 2d platforming to date, Rayman Legends is just so refreshing to play. This game brings some much needed innovation to the genre!

Yeah, it was nice playing a good platformer for once! I almost want to get origins now just so I can try out another Rayman game. The fact that you don't have lives or a time limit in this game is awesome (well except the pseudo-time limit in invasions). Also, the online implementation is perfect. Nintendo needs to start taking notes!

I warn you, it is sort of hard to go back to origins. As much as I love it, legends just plays so much more smoothly. Origins is still an amazing game however, and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

106. Posted:

Rayman Origins was MUCH harder then Legends! Hopefully Retro studios paid attention to Ubisoft and doesn't skimp out on the difficulty in their upcoming DKC!

But to end on a positive note: Oh man, that level with the wrestlers!! Made me laugh so hard!!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

107. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

Rayman Origins was MUCH harder then Legends! Hopefully Retro studios paid attention to Ubisoft and doesn't skimp out on the difficulty in their upcoming DKC!

But to end on a positive note: Oh man, that level with the wrestlers!! Made me laugh so hard!!

LUUUUCHAADOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR

If anyone is as addicted to the challenges as I am, you should add me! I want some friends to race against

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

luisesteban

108. Posted:

The Luchador levels are insane, so fun.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

109. Posted:

Fan-art here!
Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
Deviantart Profile. <- Going through a DK phrase.
The Chit Chat crew! <- A thread full of...intresting things.
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MasterChordles

110. Posted:

@Dark-Luigi that is amazing :o who made it?

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

111. Posted:

@MasterChordles A very cool artist form the site Deviart! Here is his homepage:
http://artgutierrez.deviantart.com/

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
Deviantart Profile. <- Going through a DK phrase.
The Chit Chat crew! <- A thread full of...intresting things.
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Smitherenez

112. Posted:

Rayman looks a bit off in that fan art, the rest look good though! I have just finished all the new levels and collected all the teensies. I have also completed all the invasion levels and got all the Lum trophies. The only thing that is left are the Origins levels, but these can wait since I have already played trough Origins multiple times.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Dark

113. Posted:

can anyone tell me the name of the song that starts at 9:15 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6rcuQp5scQ

(end credits)

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MasterChordles

114. Posted:

What's everyone's favorite challenges? I personally like the land of the livid dead get there quickly. You may see my name on the leader boards for those challenges often :D

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Dark

115. Posted:

MasterChordles wrote:

What's everyone's favorite challenges? I personally like the land of the livid dead get there quickly. You may see my name on the leader boards for those challenges often :D

murphy's dungeon by far

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bessestad

116. Posted:

Began playing it like an hour ago... first levels were super-dull.. but it got better. Stil not a good platformer though. It has a super-nice presentation with beautiful graphics and an awesome score but gameplay wise the games feels... nah.. good but nothing special.. It shines through with some good pieces here and there but so far i have only had really fun with the Murfy levels.

Bessestad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

117. Posted:

On sale for $39.99 if you are interested. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AU4YEA/ref=as_li_qf_sp_a...

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bulbousaur

118. Posted:

I'm sorry, but the character AI in the Murphy levels (at least in the Vita version) is simply terrible, and ruins what is otherwise a perfect game. I have done almost everything in the game up to the point of the final Murphy-controlled level in Olympus Maximus, and I have just spent half an hour trying to get the King Teensy. Every single time I have died, it is because the AI has needlessly killed itself in ways a human controlled character could have easily avoided. The AI has been annoying at times up to this point, but this is just unacceptable. If I was playing the PS3, 360 or PC version, or had the ability to just use buttons to control Murphy, I would have an infinitely easier time with the level. But no.

I'm sorry to say it, but at least for single player, the Vita/Wii U version is simply inferior to the other versions because of the Murphy AI. It is unacceptably horrendous at points which I simply cannot forgive. If not for it, it would have been the best 2D platformer ever in my opinion.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

119. Posted:

Why would you play Rayman Legends by yourself?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

120. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

Began playing it like an hour ago... first levels were super-dull.. but it got better. Stil not a good platformer though. It has a super-nice presentation with beautiful graphics and an awesome score but gameplay wise the games feels... nah.. good but nothing special.. It shines through with some good pieces here and there but so far i have only had really fun with the Murfy levels.

And that's exactly how I felt about Origins. pretty boring. The platforming is below average, compared to what i've played through out the years. I doubt I'll dig Legends, looks like more of the same outside the Murphy based stages & Wii U game controls. Give me Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze instead pease. :*

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!