Forums

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Posts 301 to 320 of 360

MAB

WaveBoy wrote:

Until then, I've got tons of awesome Genesis games to play.

^ This ^

MAB

dolabla

Wasn't gonna get this game anyways, but sucks for the people with a Wii U that were.

dolabla

Everly

I played a little game on the Ubisoft facebook page to see how far back I had to go to find a post where none of the recent comments have anything to do with the Rayman Legend disaster. I had to go back to January 9 and a post about "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" Every other post (of which there were 30) had negative comments about their decision. I should point out that the last comment on that post was dated Jan 19. I also went back and I couldn't find any comments of PS3 or 360 owners expressing disappointment over RL not being on those platforms. Not exactly sure what Ubisoft monitors for feedback they respond to, but it wasn't on their facebook page.

Usually when the horse is dead and no longer moving people will stop hitting it, but with Ubisoft not making any statement at all, the comments are still being posted. Any type of movement by Ubisoft at this point would just prove they still have life in them and will serve as a shot of 5-hour energy to the fans they had hoped would have wore themselves out over the weekend. Like I said before, that page is worthless to them right now. If they had an announcement about ANYTHING they would be over run. It will be interesting to see how long a company can stay relevant without being allowed to say anything.

Edited on by Everly

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

Bankai

Everly wrote:

I played a little game on the Ubisoft facebook page to see how far back I had to go to find a post where none of the recent comments have anything to do with the Rayman Legend disaster. I had to go back to January 9 and a post about "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" Every other post (of which there were 30) had negative comments about their decision. I should point out that the last comment on that post was dated Jan 19. I also went back and I couldn't find any comments of PS3 or 360 owners expressing disappointment over RL not being on those platforms. Not exactly sure what Ubisoft monitors for feedback they respond to, but it wasn't on their facebook page.

Usually when the horse is dead and no longer moving people will stop hitting it, but with Ubisoft not making any statement at all, the comments are still being posted. Any type of movement by Ubisoft at this point would just prove they still have life in them and will serve as a shot of 5-hour energy to the fans they had hoped would have wore themselves out over the weekend. Like I said before, that page is worthless to them right now. If they had an announcement about ANYTHING they would be over run. It will be interesting to see how long a company can stay relevant without being allowed to say anything.

I now hope Ubisoft cancels the Wii U version out of pure, unadulterated spite.

There is one thing I hate about the games community more than any other and that's gamers seem to think they have the right to hold a company to ransom and disrupt everyone who is well adjusted from enjoying their conversations with the company.

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

So, might as well go the full monty and really piss off the Nintendo fans now. It's not like there's enough of them to matter. Port the game to iPad 4 instead and Ubisoft will rake in the cash.

Big_L91

pikmin next for delay no doubt

put it on.

Everly

Bankai wrote:

So, might as well go the full monty and really piss off the Nintendo fans now. It's not like there's enough of them to matter. Port the game to iPad 4 instead and Ubisoft will rake in the cash.

That probably is the best move. Where they hurt themselves is making comments about "giving the fans what they want" and "we are listening" when anyone that can use google can point to examples where that doesn't seem to be true.

ThePirateCaptain

They should port it to the App Store for $3 and make even more people angry

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Everly

Everly wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I cannot imagine we won't hear anything further from Ubisoft come Monday.

I agree, I'm just not sure how they will be able to make it worse for themselves. But I am confident they will find a way.

Wow, I guess we were both wrong. Seems like they are content to say nothing. I think they are hoping it will go away on it's own.

Sean_Aaron

They might as well show their true colours and can the title. I agree with Bankai, surprisingly. Nintendo needs committed publishers to support the platform; not companies that drift with the wind.

This was the one Ubisoft title I had any interest in on Wii U; if they cannot keep their word they can keep their game.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

DefHalan

Bankai wrote:

Everly wrote:

There is one thing I hate about the games community more than any other and that's gamers seem to think they have the right to hold a company to ransom and disrupt everyone who is well adjusted from enjoying their conversations with the company.

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

I completely agree with you about game communities. I still want the game so I don't agree with them just cancelling it lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sean_Aaron

Yeah, they suck hard. But I've bought my first Mario game since New Super Mario Bros. Wii, so it's not all bad.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Gamer83

Bankai wrote:

Everly wrote:

I couldn't agree more with you about the gaming community. The crying, butthurt and stupidity has reached a ridiculous level. There's always been some degree of entitlement but never this bad.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WesCash

Bankai wrote:

If mummy was shoving the lollipop in their faces, promising to buy it for them and making it seem like the most delicious lollipop on the face of the earth, I'd say the children have a right to be upset when she puts it back on the shelf and tells them they can have it in 7 months.

The videogame community is often a whiny one, but I'd say the outrage and disappointment is completely warranted here. This is coming from someone with no personal interest in the game whatsoever.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Gamer83

WesCash wrote:

Bankai wrote:

If mummy was shoving the lollipop in their faces, promising to buy it for them and making it seem like the most delicious lollipop on the face of the earth, I'd say the children have a right to be upset when she puts it back on the shelf and tells them they can have it in 7 months.

The videogame community is often a whiny one, but I'd say the outrage and disappointment is completely warranted here. This is coming from someone with no personal interest in the game whatsoever.

Frustration is warranted but there is nothing that can be done about the decision so people need to grow up and move on. March will be here soon with the arrival of Lego City, which looks better anyway.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Gamer83

Sadly Capcom probably will do that.

Gamer83

WesCash

@WaveBoy
Lol, don't even joke.

WesCash

Bankai

WesCash wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Or perhaps the kid should learn some patience. It used to be a virtue, but seems kids these days don't need it. They throw a tantrum until they get what they want instead.

Good to know.

WesCash

Bankai wrote:

kids these days

Alright, who left grandpa unsupervised on the internet?

WesCash

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.