Wii U Forum

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Showing 301 to 320 of 366

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

301. Posted:

Shrapmo wrote:

This sums up my feelings pretty well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxpF7qlBdsU

Yeah, it's quite hypocritical of Ubisoft to make this move, but a smart decision overall.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

302. Posted:

I agree Clifford. What's the Fench expression for "eating crow?"

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

303. Posted:

I don't mind one bit for the delay, since Legends was never high up there on my 'to get list' due to the mediocre experience i had
with Origins, which was beautifuly boring. Now if Pikmin 3 were to of seen a 7 month delay than I'd have something to complain about! :p

As is, i will still be checking out Legends regardless of it's epic delay or Ubisoft making it multiplatform. Until then, I've got tons of games to play.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

304. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Until then, I've got tons of awesome Genesis games to play.

^ This ^ ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

305. Posted:

lol Now that was just mean.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dolabla

306. Posted:

Wasn't gonna get this game anyways, but sucks for the people with a Wii U that were.

dolabla

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Everly

307. Posted:

I played a little game on the Ubisoft facebook page to see how far back I had to go to find a post where none of the recent comments have anything to do with the Rayman Legend disaster. I had to go back to January 9 and a post about "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" Every other post (of which there were 30) had negative comments about their decision. I should point out that the last comment on that post was dated Jan 19. I also went back and I couldn't find any comments of PS3 or 360 owners expressing disappointment over RL not being on those platforms. Not exactly sure what Ubisoft monitors for feedback they respond to, but it wasn't on their facebook page.

Usually when the horse is dead and no longer moving people will stop hitting it, but with Ubisoft not making any statement at all, the comments are still being posted. Any type of movement by Ubisoft at this point would just prove they still have life in them and will serve as a shot of 5-hour energy to the fans they had hoped would have wore themselves out over the weekend. Like I said before, that page is worthless to them right now. If they had an announcement about ANYTHING they would be over run. It will be interesting to see how long a company can stay relevant without being allowed to say anything.

Edited on by Everly

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

308. Posted:

^ Ha Ha!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

309. Posted:

Everly wrote:

I played a little game on the Ubisoft facebook page to see how far back I had to go to find a post where none of the recent comments have anything to do with the Rayman Legend disaster. I had to go back to January 9 and a post about "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" Every other post (of which there were 30) had negative comments about their decision. I should point out that the last comment on that post was dated Jan 19. I also went back and I couldn't find any comments of PS3 or 360 owners expressing disappointment over RL not being on those platforms. Not exactly sure what Ubisoft monitors for feedback they respond to, but it wasn't on their facebook page.

Usually when the horse is dead and no longer moving people will stop hitting it, but with Ubisoft not making any statement at all, the comments are still being posted. Any type of movement by Ubisoft at this point would just prove they still have life in them and will serve as a shot of 5-hour energy to the fans they had hoped would have wore themselves out over the weekend. Like I said before, that page is worthless to them right now. If they had an announcement about ANYTHING they would be over run. It will be interesting to see how long a company can stay relevant without being allowed to say anything.

I now hope Ubisoft cancels the Wii U version out of pure, unadulterated spite.

There is one thing I hate about the games community more than any other and that's gamers seem to think they have the right to hold a company to ransom and disrupt everyone who is well adjusted from enjoying their conversations with the company.

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

So, might as well go the full monty and really piss off the Nintendo fans now. It's not like there's enough of them to matter. Port the game to iPad 4 instead and Ubisoft will rake in the cash.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

310. Posted:

pikmin next for delay no doubt

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Everly

311. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

So, might as well go the full monty and really piss off the Nintendo fans now. It's not like there's enough of them to matter. Port the game to iPad 4 instead and Ubisoft will rake in the cash.

That probably is the best move. Where they hurt themselves is making comments about "giving the fans what they want" and "we are listening" when anyone that can use google can point to examples where that doesn't seem to be true.

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

312. Posted:

They should port it to the App Store for $3 and make even more people angry :D

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Everly

313. Posted:

Everly wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I cannot imagine we won't hear anything further from Ubisoft come Monday.

I agree, I'm just not sure how they will be able to make it worse for themselves. But I am confident they will find a way.

Wow, I guess we were both wrong. Seems like they are content to say nothing. I think they are hoping it will go away on it's own.

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

314. Posted:

They might as well show their true colours and can the title. I agree with Bankai, surprisingly. Nintendo needs committed publishers to support the platform; not companies that drift with the wind.

This was the one Ubisoft title I had any interest in on Wii U; if they cannot keep their word they can keep their game.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

315. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Everly wrote:

I played a little game on the Ubisoft facebook page to see how far back I had to go to find a post where none of the recent comments have anything to do with the Rayman Legend disaster. I had to go back to January 9 and a post about "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" Every other post (of which there were 30) had negative comments about their decision. I should point out that the last comment on that post was dated Jan 19. I also went back and I couldn't find any comments of PS3 or 360 owners expressing disappointment over RL not being on those platforms. Not exactly sure what Ubisoft monitors for feedback they respond to, but it wasn't on their facebook page.

Usually when the horse is dead and no longer moving people will stop hitting it, but with Ubisoft not making any statement at all, the comments are still being posted. Any type of movement by Ubisoft at this point would just prove they still have life in them and will serve as a shot of 5-hour energy to the fans they had hoped would have wore themselves out over the weekend. Like I said before, that page is worthless to them right now. If they had an announcement about ANYTHING they would be over run. It will be interesting to see how long a company can stay relevant without being allowed to say anything.

I now hope Ubisoft cancels the Wii U version out of pure, unadulterated spite.

There is one thing I hate about the games community more than any other and that's gamers seem to think they have the right to hold a company to ransom and disrupt everyone who is well adjusted from enjoying their conversations with the company.

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

So, might as well go the full monty and really piss off the Nintendo fans now. It's not like there's enough of them to matter. Port the game to iPad 4 instead and Ubisoft will rake in the cash.

I completely agree with you about game communities. I still want the game so I don't agree with them just cancelling it lol

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MDee14

316. Posted:

Edited on by MDee14

Wii U: MDee14
3DS Code:3480-2541-8522
Tweet Me @MDee14
Please check out my podcast: http://rubntugpodcast.blogspot.com/

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2541-8522 | Nintendo Network ID: MDee14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

317. Posted:

Yeah, they suck hard. But I've bought my first Mario game since New Super Mario Bros. Wii, so it's not all bad.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

318. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Everly wrote:

I played a little game on the Ubisoft facebook page to see how far back I had to go to find a post where none of the recent comments have anything to do with the Rayman Legend disaster. I had to go back to January 9 and a post about "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" Every other post (of which there were 30) had negative comments about their decision. I should point out that the last comment on that post was dated Jan 19. I also went back and I couldn't find any comments of PS3 or 360 owners expressing disappointment over RL not being on those platforms. Not exactly sure what Ubisoft monitors for feedback they respond to, but it wasn't on their facebook page.

Usually when the horse is dead and no longer moving people will stop hitting it, but with Ubisoft not making any statement at all, the comments are still being posted. Any type of movement by Ubisoft at this point would just prove they still have life in them and will serve as a shot of 5-hour energy to the fans they had hoped would have wore themselves out over the weekend. Like I said before, that page is worthless to them right now. If they had an announcement about ANYTHING they would be over run. It will be interesting to see how long a company can stay relevant without being allowed to say anything.

I now hope Ubisoft cancels the Wii U version out of pure, unadulterated spite.

There is one thing I hate about the games community more than any other and that's gamers seem to think they have the right to hold a company to ransom and disrupt everyone who is well adjusted from enjoying their conversations with the company.

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

So, might as well go the full monty and really piss off the Nintendo fans now. It's not like there's enough of them to matter. Port the game to iPad 4 instead and Ubisoft will rake in the cash.

I couldn't agree more with you about the gaming community. The crying, butthurt and stupidity has reached a ridiculous level. There's always been some degree of entitlement but never this bad.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WesCash

319. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

If mummy was shoving the lollipop in their faces, promising to buy it for them and making it seem like the most delicious lollipop on the face of the earth, I'd say the children have a right to be upset when she puts it back on the shelf and tells them they can have it in 7 months.

The videogame community is often a whiny one, but I'd say the outrage and disappointment is completely warranted here. This is coming from someone with no personal interest in the game whatsoever.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

320. Posted:

WesCash wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

If mummy was shoving the lollipop in their faces, promising to buy it for them and making it seem like the most delicious lollipop on the face of the earth, I'd say the children have a right to be upset when she puts it back on the shelf and tells them they can have it in 7 months.

The videogame community is often a whiny one, but I'd say the outrage and disappointment is completely warranted here. This is coming from someone with no personal interest in the game whatsoever.

Frustration is warranted but there is nothing that can be done about the decision so people need to grow up and move on. March will be here soon with the arrival of Lego City, which looks better anyway.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83