Wii U Forum

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Showing 161 to 180 of 366

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluezealand

161. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

Nintendo fanboys have easily been the worst of the bunch the last couple years.

wow, you've really got a point there...

Here's an f-bomb filled image of a Twitter thread where peopl...

Edited on by theblackdragon

Bluezealand

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

162. Posted:

Bluezealand wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Nintendo fanboys have easily been the worst of the bunch the last couple years.

wow, you've really got a point there...

And I called out people like that, just like I slammed the Sony fanbase when they were all going crazy back in 2007, lately it's been mostly the Nintendo fans.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

163. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Honestly, the reaction of the Nintendo Dude Fraternity to this announcement is the single most embarrassing case of gamer entitlement that I have ever seen in my 25 years of being a gamer.

Congratulations kids you have made me want to sell my Wii U and 3DS just so I can avoid any possible association to you, ever.

You're joking right?

Did you conveniently forget the death threats that companies have been getting from Microsoft and Sony fanboys, especially Platinum games? See the post above.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Everly

164. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Please explain to me how not releasing the Wii U version is saving jobs?

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

165. Posted:

Bluezealand wrote:

Wow, the Ubisoft Defence Force just arrived.

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Right, because it will sell better in September for sure, when there are enough other games around, while now many people would buy it, just to have anything to play at all. In fact, Ubisoft is so HARD trying to preserve jobs, that they even pissed their own Rayman Legends development team off with this decision. How DARE the developers to be PISSED OFF, after all Ubisoft did to preserve THEIR jobs!!!!111!ELEVEN

Ok. So. Corporation with some highly experienced business managers makes a decision. This corporation is profitable, has a wide portfolio of games across multiple platforms and has a history of making smart business decisions.

Some dude on a forum thinks the decision is a bad one.

Which side to believe? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

166. Posted:

Everly wrote:

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Please explain to me how not releasing the Wii U version is saving jobs?

Because releasing a game to 100 million gamers is a better idea than releasing it to 3 million gamers.

I really hate to break this to you, but for a third party publisher Wii U development is a lousy business proposition. It's like, literally, trying to make a living off peanuts.

Be glad you're getting the game at all.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

167. Posted:

LordLzGlad wrote:

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Honestly, the reaction of the Nintendo Dude Fraternity to this announcement is the single most embarrassing case of gamer entitlement that I have ever seen in my 25 years of being a gamer.

Congratulations kids you have made me want to sell my Wii U and 3DS just so I can avoid any possible association to you, ever.

You're joking right?

Did you conveniently forget the death threats that companies have been getting from Microsoft and Sony fanboys, especially Platinum games? See the post above.

Not that I in any way condone those ... People's... Behaviour, but assuming they are fanboys, they are never going to get Bayonetta 2. Assuming they loved the first but for whatever reason can't get or afford a Wii U, it's at least somewhat understandable that they'd be upset at not being able to play a sequel to a favourite game.

Wii U people are still getting the Rayman game. It's six months wait. Again, unless you have a terminal illness and Rayman is your sole reason for living, grow the hell up and develop some patience.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zolgar

168. Posted:

Bluezealand wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Nintendo fanboys have easily been the worst of the bunch the last couple years.

wow, you've really got a point there... /snip

Holy poo. o.O Some people are truly ridiculous.

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NinFreak

169. Posted:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/46630/blog/rayman-l...

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

170. Posted:

Every failing of MiiVerse in one single link.

Thanks for this. Shall totally save it for future reference.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

171. Posted:

@Waltz: the Gamescom 2012 stated RL would be a December 2012 release. I'm sure more than a few of the people picking up a Wii U did so for that game, and now they're being forced to wait until September of this year. Given how touchy gamers tend to be about beloved games, I find the rage understandable. They'll calm down in a few days after the initial disappointment and frustration over having to wait so long is out of their systems.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

172. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Waltz: the Gamescom 2012 stated RL would be a December 2012 release. I'm sure more than a few of the people picking up a Wii U did so for that game, and now they're being forced to wait until September of this year. Given how touchy gamers tend to be about beloved games, I find the rage understandable. They'll calm down in a few days after the initial disappointment and frustration over having to wait so long is out of their systems.

Honestly I do completely understand the frustration in having to wait. I love GUST games, and those games take a full year after release in Japan to release in the west, and I find myself having to wait for those because my Japanese isn't strong enough to work through a full RPG.

But these petitions and calls to boycott and other such childish responses really need to stop. Be a bit patient and play Zen Pinball while you wait - you are eventually going to get this game, Nintendo dudes and dudettes.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluezealand

173. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Everly wrote:

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Please explain to me how not releasing the Wii U version is saving jobs?

Because releasing a game to 100 million gamers is a better idea than releasing it to 3 million gamers.

No one's complaining, that they are porting it over to other consoles. The point ist, that they delayed it two weeks before the already delayed release date for six months... though the game is ready! Which is not only disrespectful to the fans, whom the game was promised as an exclusive launch title, it is also incredible dumb, because now there is a software gap in the release schedule, while in September there is so much other stuff coming to Wii U and PS360 (not to mention the two new consoles by Sony ans MS).

Bluezealand

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

174. Posted:

Bluezealand wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Everly wrote:

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Please explain to me how not releasing the Wii U version is saving jobs?

Because releasing a game to 100 million gamers is a better idea than releasing it to 3 million gamers.

No one's complaining, that they are porting it over to other consoles. The point ist, that they delayed it two weeks before the already delayed release date for six months... though the game is ready! Which is not only disrespectful to the fans, whom the game was promised as an exclusive launch title, it is also incredible dumb, because now there is a software gap in the release schedule, while in September there is so much other stuff coming to Wii U and PS360 (not to mention the two new consoles by Sony ans MS).

Ubisoft has a lot of games planned for September releases? The only one I know of is... Rayman.

Seriously. Ubisoft knows its business better than you or I do. Leave Ubisoft's management to make these decisions, and wait a few months for a game. The world is it ending.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bluezealand

175. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

LordLzGlad wrote:

Bankai wrote:

OUTRAGE! How DARE a company try and preserve the jobs of a few hundred people. There are NINTENDO GAMERS THAT WANT IT NOW!

Honestly, the reaction of the Nintendo Dude Fraternity to this announcement is the single most embarrassing case of gamer entitlement that I have ever seen in my 25 years of being a gamer.

Congratulations kids you have made me want to sell my Wii U and 3DS just so I can avoid any possible association to you, ever.

You're joking right?

Did you conveniently forget the death threats that companies have been getting from Microsoft and Sony fanboys, especially Platinum games? See the post above.

Not that I in any way condone those ... People's... Behaviour, but assuming they are fanboys, they are never going to get Bayonetta 2. Assuming they loved the first but for whatever reason can't get or afford a Wii U, it's at least somewhat understandable that they'd be upset at not being able to play a sequel to a favourite game.

The difference is, without Nintendo there wouldn't even be a Bayonetta 2. So instead of a completely cancelled release, it is coming exclusively to Wii U, because only Nintendo was willing to support Platinum Games with it. To blame Nintendo and Platinum Games now, because people can't play it on their PS360 consoles is completely stupid. Not to mention the (non-existent) niveau of the complains...

Edited on by Bluezealand

Bluezealand

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

176. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Honestly I do completely understand the frustration in having to wait. I love GUST games, and those games take a full year after release in Japan to release in the west, and I find myself having to wait for those because my Japanese isn't strong enough to work through a full RPG.

But these petitions and calls to boycott and other such childish responses really need to stop. Be a bit patient and play Zen Pinball while you wait - you are eventually going to get this game, Nintendo dudes and dudettes.

The petitions will be as useless as any other petition about a video game ever is (unless they claim victory in September...?) and the boycotts won't work in the face of the game finally being available. If you truly understood the frustration, you'd understand why they're popping off and you'd let them go ahead and do it without attempting to interfere. If they bought their Wii U for RL and not Zen Pinball, no amount of a game they don't want to play is going to satisfy them.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

177. Posted:

This is just a stupid decision and no, I'm afraid I don't accept that being a CEO or marketing exec automatically makes you infallible when it comes to business decisions. Anyone who's been paying attention to the events of the past five-plus years already knows this.

I don't believe this action merits a boycott or a petition, but I do think it will work against the company. I know if I have a choice between a Nintendo-published game in September and Ubisoft, Ubisoft will lose and if it released in two weeks they'd have my money.

Why not a compromise with an initial eShop release as-is and then the disc release with the inevitable added content in September with DLC add-on for the download folks. The developers get the satisfaction of seeing their hard work pay off, Ubisoft gets early (hopefully positive) reviews and a good test of the retail download market on Wii U (pretty sure they have no other download-only titles there) and the fans get their game on-time. Everybody wins!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

178. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

This is just a stupid decision and no, I'm afraid I don't accept that being a CEO or marketing exec automatically makes you infallible when it comes to business decisions. Anyone who's been paying attention to the events of the past five-plus years already knows this.

I don't believe this action merits a boycott or a petition, but I do think it will work against the company. I know if I have a choice between a Nintendo-published game in September and Ubisoft, Ubisoft will lose and if it released in two weeks they'd have my money.

Why not a compromise with an initial eShop release as-is and then the disc release with the inevitable added content in September with DLC add-on for the download folks. The developers get the satisfaction of seeing their hard work pay off, Ubisoft gets early (hopefully positive) reviews and a good test of the retail download market on Wii U (pretty sure they have no other download-only titles there) and the fans get their game on-time. Everybody wins!

Neither the CEO nor a marketing exec would personally approve a release date for a game in a company the size of Ubisoft. It is the product managers or whoever the heck is in charge of the specific Rayman franchise that would make those decisions. That person would report in to the CEO, and I am thinking the CEO would be more than a little baffles and/ or annoyed at the response this decision has had.

I really hate to say this, as I have a great deal of respect for you, but if you don't know who greenlights game projects and who decides on release dates, than it becomes very difficult to agree with your criticism of said business strategies.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zolgar

179. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Why not a compromise with an initial eShop release as-is and then the disc release with the inevitable added content in September with DLC add-on for the download folks. The developers get the satisfaction of seeing their hard work pay off, Ubisoft gets early (hopefully positive) reviews and a good test of the retail download market on Wii U (pretty sure they have no other download-only titles there) and the fans get their game on-time. Everybody wins!

I believe that it was said earlier, but I suppose it's because if they release it now (whether digital or physical copies), by the time it releases on the other consoles, they may not be able to convince others to purchase it at full price, as it had already been out for months.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

180. Posted:

Zolgar wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Why not a compromise with an initial eShop release as-is and then the disc release with the inevitable added content in September with DLC add-on for the download folks. The developers get the satisfaction of seeing their hard work pay off, Ubisoft gets early (hopefully positive) reviews and a good test of the retail download market on Wii U (pretty sure they have no other download-only titles there) and the fans get their game on-time. Everybody wins!

I believe that it was said earlier, but I suppose it's because if they release it now (whether digital or physical copies), by the time it releases on the other consoles, they may not be able to convince others to purchase it at full price, as it had already been out for months.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

These games sold less because they were put on a console with literally zero people at the time, and they were already out on the dominant platforms.
Putting a game out first on the platform with the weakest numbers will hurt the sales for the consoles with the strongest sales?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime