Forums

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Posts 121 to 140 of 360

LzWinky

I suppose it must be difficult to understand how a company operates. There are so many factors that we overlook when bashing them about their decisions.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TysonOfTime

I fail to see any mindset where pushing a game into competition with GTA is a sensible idea.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Schprocket

Bankai wrote:

In amongst all the rage, did anyone stop to think that the delayed release is likey so that Ubisoft only needs to run one marketing campaign, rather than two separate ones for a staggered release?

No?

Well, there's your reason then.

Yes - already posted in the comments on the news page - swish

What I am fed up with is with forum members, who I'd like to name but you know who they are, trolling every single bit of negative Wii U news. They're doing it in a manner which suggests that it's purely for the fun of seeing the emotive reactions from people which ain't in the spirit of any forum. The joke's old and it's time they went back to strangling kittens and enjoying it or whatever uncool shit it is that trolls did before the internet...

@Knux in response to your question 'why did Nintendo fans get so upset' have a look in the mirror then go and have a look at your posts regarding the Wii U and ask if you're indirectly contributing to what you're seeing.

I'm not a fanboy.
I have other gaming platforms.
I don't mind seeing the occasional friendly rivalries, but there's always the few who take it too far.
Reading same negative themes from the same people with no signs of there being any actual purpose to the posts other than to upset others really gets up my nose, regardless of forum and topic.

As for this particular topic, did anybody actually read the OP's post beneath the Twitter screenshot?
Somebody tell me how that's not trolling. This topic would have been raised and needed discussing (or venting - take your pick) but not started like this.

Edited on by Schprocket

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

Zolgar

TysonOfTime wrote:

I fail to see any mindset where pushing a game into competition with GTA is a sensible idea.

The only people this release date affects are those who would want BOTH Rayman and GTA, and can't afford to buy both, thus forcing them to make a choice.

That said, it's got to suck for people who were waiting for this game. Hopefully these extra months means more content and more polish.

Edited on by Zolgar

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

LzWinky

What really grinds my gears (yeah I said it) is some gamers' "solution", which is boycotting. What the hell do they hope to achieve by boycotting it? Do they expect Ubisoft to release more exclusives even though the Wii U version didn't sell well (because of the boycott)?

Boycotting has become one of the internet's most misused and overused terms over time (along with lazy and greedy). It's simply ridiculous

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Knux wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if ZombiU was ported to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I don't see why considering the name is clearly a tip to the Wii U name

Schprocket

LordLzGlad wrote:

Knux wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if ZombiU was ported to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I don't see why considering the name is clearly a tip to the Wii U name

It doesn't. It's (another attempt at) 'whacky inter-platform humour' gone too far...

Edited on by Schprocket

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

ShadJV

Well, after reading the link posted to the developer's point of view... My frustration shifted. I will still buy the game but not for the bigwigs that unfortunately will profit. It's for the developers that poured their blood, swear, and tears into this game. I can't believe after knowing firsthand what the stress of deadlines in the game industry is like, I still instinctively lashed at the company as a whole. I worried how the loss of exclusives may damage Nintendo and completely overlooked the immediate victims. Personally, I will work to make sure I can purchase Legends when it comes out because the developers worked so hard to make an amazing game and it should not go unnoticed just because the guys up top are idiots.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

FOREST_RANGER

LordLzGlad wrote:

What really grinds my gears (yeah I said it) is some gamers' "solution", which is boycotting.

I like to think that they are angry during that decision, and that they may recognize how silly it sounds when they're not so angry.

As for how the developers feel: if anyone's curious, they can see this video discussing working conditions in the gaming industry from a veteran's point of view. The game industry continues to improve, but like everything else, it can get ugly.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Retro_on_theGo

LordLzGlad wrote:

What really grinds my gears (yeah I said it) is some gamers' "solution", which is boycotting. What the hell do they hope to achieve by boycotting it? Do they expect Ubisoft to release more exclusives even though the Wii U version didn't sell well (because of the boycott)?

Boycotting has become one of the internet's most misused and overused terms over time (along with lazy and greedy). It's simply ridiculous

That's how I felt about the fools' ideas of Boycotting Bayonetta 2 for being Wii U exclusive,

Ima_Gerd

I dont care about how absolutely beautiful and witty the world is in this game because the aesthetics of the main antagonist are atrocious.

(and im not being sarcastic)

What, You Worry?

Ima_Gerd

Im a little hungry

What, You Worry?

Knux

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

That's how I felt about the fools' ideas of Boycotting Bayonetta 2 for being Wii U exclusive,

Or the time that the Sonic ''fanbase'' decided to ''boycott'' Sonic 4: Episode I by buying and downloading Sonic 1. Untitled

Knux

kkslider5552000

Knux wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Or the time that the Sonic ''fanbase'' decided to ''boycott'' Sonic 4: Episode I by buying and downloading Sonic 1. Untitled

Hahaha, I forgot about that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

brandonbwii

Ubisoft is my favorite 3rd party studio and a big Nintendo supporter. I hope this admittedly unfortunate decision doesn't stop them from developing on Nintendo platforms (Though I've been hearing bad things about Wii U software sales).

To spin this in a somewhat brighter note for the fanboy in us. We almost didn't get Origins until Ubi made a similar decision.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

sykotek

I have multiple variations of Rayman Origins on 360, 3DS, and Jungle Run for Android. I don't own a Wii U, but if the game is already ready for Wii U, I don't get why they couldn't just release the retail version for the Wii U now at full price ($60)...especially since there are so many people that want it now for the Wii U and seem willing to spend the money for it.

Ubisoft could instead simply release the Wii U version now and a slightly stripped down or modified digital direct port version for the multiplatform versions at more of a bargain price ($20 or less) later on when they are ready...I'm pretty sure everyone wins in that scenario. Delaying a completed version to ensure it launches along with other platforms just doesn't seem like the smartest idea to do...and I think, especially for a 2D game, there's a lot less likely a chance they'll gain many more sales, even spread across multiple platforms especially at $60 a pop...especially now with all the negative attention this is garnering.

I don't know, I'll definitely get it when it gets cheaper, ...definitely not at the release price point, but there's definitely some major missed opportunities here by Ubisoft and delaying a completed game for the reason of launching it as a multiplatform release in this case is just insane.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

SCRAPPER392

Maybe they're waiting for console selling Pikmin 3 and Lego City to come out, since it's guaranteed to get into more peoples hands. If you have a Wii U and PS3, and you still buy the PS3 version, that wouldn't make sense. PS3 and Xbox 360 use tablets as their gampad, right? I completely forgot since they don't use that feature, and they probably won't when it comes to this game, too. Fact is, if you have a Wii U right now, you're gonna buy the Wii U version over the other consoles' AC3, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, COD BO 2, Sonic, etc, and that's not even counting the Nintendo software.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

It's a better business plan to sell on more consoles, especially once more Wii U consoles are in more homes. Bringing it to more consoles will make for better games regardless of the console in the future.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

NinChocolate

I have no doubt the Wii U only release was tentative all along to the top men. I think perhaps schedule details of the Sony and MS console releases prompted the ports sooner rather than later and the sooner couldn't avoid interrupting the Wii U versions time to shine. One of many theories.

NinChocolate

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.