Wii U Forum

Topic: Rayman Legends

Showing 1 to 20 of 47

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fingeldor

1. Posted:

Just downloaded and played the Rayman Legends Demo. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much but it was quite enjoyable. Smooth controls, beautiful art-style that's easy on the eyes and some quirky humor to boot. I might be picking this up next month. Which title are you looking forward to the most in the next few months?

3DS Friend: 3754-6858-1461
My Backloggery
8-Bit Music by Scott Iblings
Miiverse: Bingly

3DS Friend Code: 3754-6858-1461 | Nintendo Network ID: Bingly

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

2. Posted:

Um...since I'm in the Rayman Legends thread I think I'll say I'm looking forward to Rayman Legends.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

3. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Um...since I'm in the Rayman Legends thread I think I'll say I'm looking forward to Rayman Legends.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

4. Posted:

cornishlee wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Um...since I'm in the Rayman Legends thread I think I'll say I'm looking forward to Rayman Legends.

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

5. Posted:

just kidding lol. i really am looking forward to legends one of the main reasons i picked the U up so early im also looking forward to scribblenauts im going to get my girlfriend that for valentines since she loves the ds games and i can play too haha!!

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mudjo

6. Posted:

Big_L91 wrote:

cornishlee wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Um...since I'm in the Rayman Legends thread I think I'll say I'm looking forward to Rayman Legends.

This is a signature.
I mentioned signatures, which makes this a meta-signature,
A meta-signature mentioning meta-signatures is a meta-meta-signature.
Hence, this signature is infinitely meta. Does Meta-Knight have a self-awareness of his own name?

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8084-2308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

7. Posted:

I wasn't too interested in Rayman, but when I played that demo (particularly the final demo level), I was in love. It's truly a platformer that can rival Mario. Except the new Mario games (especially that NSMB) don't really appeal to me. Rayman on the other hand is perhaps the first platformer game I have ever wanted to go out and buy.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

8. Posted:

edhe wrote:

I wasn't too interested in Rayman, but when I played that demo (particularly the final demo level), I was in love. It's truly a platformer that can rival Mario. Except the new Mario games (especially that NSMB) does not appeal to me in the slightest.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I've never played a Rayman game before and had no interest in this one until I played the demo but that final level blew me away - it was just so much fun. Now I'm really looking forward to the game in the full knowledge that that level is probably (and rightly) anomalous. What it goes to show is the power of a good demo. More games should be providing them on the Wii U.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

9. Posted:

I'll add to the chorus of not liking platformers generally and actively disliking 2D Mario games like Super Mario 3 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but I'm planning on getting Rayman Legends on the back of the demo. I like the variety of the gameplay styles (the music-rhythm stage was great) and the sense of humour. It's another game I can play with my daughter who also enjoyed the demo when she tried it so that's a plus.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

10. Posted:

Really looking forward to the game,looks way better than NSMBU.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

11. Posted:

I'm a little bit surprised that we haven't heard too much about the game in a while. The last big piece of news I remember was in the October issue of Nintendo Power.

Anyhoo, I'm still excited for the game, I just hope the single player turns out alright with Murphy.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

12. Posted:

Rayman Legends and origins>>>>>>NSMB anything!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Amigaengine

13. Posted:

Must have game for Wii U owners if you like platformers slightly . Looks stunning !!

Twitter: AmigaEngine

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

14. Posted:

Rayman Origins was a great game. If Legends was pretty much the exact same thing I would still be happy.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

15. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I'm a little bit surprised that we haven't heard too much about the game in a while. The last big piece of news I remember was in the October issue of Nintendo Power.

I find that a bit odd too. Ever since talk about the major first party titles started officially (as in the Nintendo crew themselves announcing stuff) this has kind of fallen out of the media radar.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

16. Posted:

I have a dislike for Origins that grows every time I turn on the game.

However Legends, from what I've played fixes EVERYTHING that I had a problem with.

@Tech101
Eckh. I would not call Origins a better platformer than NSMB Wii or U.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hanguard

17. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I have a dislike for Origins that grows every time I turn on the game.

However Legends, from what I've played fixes EVERYTHING that I had a problem with.

@Tech101
Eckh. I would not call Origins a better platformer than NSMB Wii or U.

What was your dislike about Origins?

Hanguard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SparkOfSpirit

18. Posted:

Hanguard wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I have a dislike for Origins that grows every time I turn on the game.

However Legends, from what I've played fixes EVERYTHING that I had a problem with.

@Tech101
Eckh. I would not call Origins a better platformer than NSMB Wii or U.

What was your dislike about Origins?

If he's anything like me it was the floaty physics, hard to see edges on some platforms, and some downright dull level design.

The Legends demo was more fun than anything I played in Origins and fixes all the major issues I had.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

19. Posted:

@Hanguard
Like Spark_Of_Spirit said, the floaty physics hurt it but it wasn't that bad.
The whole 'you need to hit enemies twice to get more lums' mechanic is IMO AWFUL in practice.

The fact that a big portion of playing is dedicated to collecting lums, yet the levels themselves go against that.

In fact, the levels are designed like they should be able to flow smoothly, yet they make force it to break the flow to explore and find the hidden stuff (NECESSARY HIDDEN STUFF mind you.)

Me and my friend are doing an ongoing playthrough. We started out enjoying it, but like I said, each time we got to playing it, we disliked it more and more.

We played the Demo for Legends and both gasped on how much better it felt all around.

The fact that the Dev (forget his name) has stated specifically that those things were being fixed makes me so much more excited for Legends, because I really, REALLY wanted to like Origins.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hanguard

20. Posted:

@TysonofTime
@Spark_Of_Spirit

I would have to agree.

Hanguard