Wii U Forum

Topic: Qurupeco tips?

Showing 21 to 40 of 47

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shaneoh

21. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

then try the Long Sword it's a bit faster just remenber to chain the moves(x,x,a and repeat)or it will be a pretty slow weapon(there aren't any other combos in it, unless you count the spirit gauge combo)

The spirit gauge combo is great if you can pull it all off, best opportunity is when the creature is stunned. Plus you can improve your attack if you execute the entire combo and the last swing connects.

I get to fight the Ceadus this weekend. Had a good run last weekend and slew 4 Monsters (Agnaktor, Uragaan, Rathalos and Barioth) in a single gamepad battery charge.

Edited on by shaneoh

shaneoh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

22. Posted:

Aw, now I feel like playing Monster Hunter.
Maybe I should jump online, but at the same time, effort. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Datasun_7

23. Posted:

shaneoh wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

then try the Long Sword it's a bit faster just remenber to chain the moves(x,x,a and repeat)or it will be a pretty slow weapon(there aren't any other combos in it, unless you count the spirit gauge combo)

The spirit gauge combo is great if you can pull it all off, best opportunity is when the creature is stunned. Plus you can improve your attack if you execute the entire combo and the last swing connects.

I get to fight the Ceadus this weekend. Had a good run last weekend and slew 4 Monsters (Agnaktor, Uragaan, Rathalos and Barioth) in a single gamepad battery charge.

.

Is the barioth difficult? I have to hunt him soon in the village quests

Looking forward to: Far cry 4, infamous first light, bayo 2, sm4sh and Lbp3
Playing: Mario kart 8, infamous second son, tomb raider definitive and MH3U

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shaneoh

24. Posted:

Datasun_7 wrote:

Is the barioth difficult? I have to hunt him soon in the village quests

It's actually the Barroth (yeah not much difference in the name) that you're about to face. I think I got him on my second go, but then I was using a long sword, not DS. He'll be the one of (if not the) biggest monster you've faced so far.

shaneoh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Datasun_7

25. Posted:

shaneoh wrote:

He'll be the one of (if not the) biggest monster you've faced so far.

YAY, I don't know. I'm absolutely loving this game so far, I'm just not very good at it

Looking forward to: Far cry 4, infamous first light, bayo 2, sm4sh and Lbp3
Playing: Mario kart 8, infamous second son, tomb raider definitive and MH3U

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shaneoh

26. Posted:

It does take a bit of getting used to

shaneoh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

27. Posted:

Datasun_7 wrote:

I'm using the bone dual blades, but I have just amassed enough ice crystals to make the jaggi dual blades which should help. Also I'm having an issues with my attacks bouncing off more times than they actually hit. I swear I'm hitting the same spot too

Dual blades at the start of the game are really weak, and not very sharp.

Getting impact damage with a hammer (or the other ones), on a Peco without much experience (what I can gather from your struggles), will be hard. Try great sword or long sword. Great sword has high damage but slow, long sword has lower damage but fast.

Both are so much better than DS at the start of the game.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hy8ogen

28. Posted:

Datasun_7 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

then try the Long Sword it's a bit faster just remenber to chain the moves(x,x,a and repeat)or it will be a pretty slow weapon(there aren't any other combos in it, unless you count the spirit gauge combo)

The spirit gauge combo is great if you can pull it all off, best opportunity is when the creature is stunned. Plus you can improve your attack if you execute the entire combo and the last swing connects.

I get to fight the Ceadus this weekend. Had a good run last weekend and slew 4 Monsters (Agnaktor, Uragaan, Rathalos and Barioth) in a single gamepad battery charge.

.

Is the barioth difficult? I have to hunt him soon in the village quests

Barroth is just a lizard covered in poo....The real hard monster in this game is no doubt the felynne cats. They just can't be killed no matter how many times I hit them.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TEEMs

29. Posted:

I found the hammer to be a much better weapon against Quru.. Dual blades are nice, but only when you've surpassed green level sharpness and start doing more damage. Try to learn at least one other weapon and you'll probably hit less speed bumps in the low-rank missions ;)

Happy hunting!

TEEMs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Datasun_7

30. Posted:

I did it xp Second try lol, I'm using the long sword now. Also I killed the r.ludroth too, he was a pushover, well onto the barroth xp

Edited on by Datasun_7

Looking forward to: Far cry 4, infamous first light, bayo 2, sm4sh and Lbp3
Playing: Mario kart 8, infamous second son, tomb raider definitive and MH3U

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

31. Posted:

Just be glad this is Ultimate and not Tri. :p
The village monsters in Ultimate have been toned down some. (besides the last two quests anyways)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

32. Posted:

Mizore wrote:

Just be glad this is Ultimate and not Tri. :p
The village monsters in Ultimate have been toned down some. (besides the last two quests anyways)

that explains why barroth isn't a nightmare to new players like it was in MHTri

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

33. Posted:

Datasun_7 wrote:

I did it xp Second try lol, I'm using the long sword now. Also I killed the r.ludroth too, he was a pushover, well onto the barroth xp

Barroth is great for farming early on. Its armor will be useful and it should only take you a few hunts to complete it.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

34. Posted:

I advise to get Rhenoplos armor to fight Barroth it's not really necessary but makes it all easier.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

35. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Just be glad this is Ultimate and not Tri. :p
The village monsters in Ultimate have been toned down some. (besides the last two quests anyways)

that explains why barroth isn't a nightmare to new players like it was in MHTri

lol yeah, I died like...15 times or something when I first fought him. Only time I had real trouble in the village was when I got to Zinogre and Brachydios. (but still didn't have as much trouble)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

36. Posted:

Mizore wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Just be glad this is Ultimate and not Tri. :p
The village monsters in Ultimate have been toned down some. (besides the last two quests anyways)

that explains why barroth isn't a nightmare to new players like it was in MHTri

lol yeah, I died like...15 times or something when I first fought him. Only time I had real trouble in the village was when I got to Zinogre and Brachydios. (but still didn't have as much trouble)

well Brachydios wasn't as hard as I expected and Zinogre.... well didnt reach it in the village because I lose too much time gathering materials for new armors but it was pretty hard in the port with my cousin to help.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

37. Posted:

I always disliked how the original version of Tri forced you to use, like, only swords and shields for the first half of the game.

It's like they tried to hide the fact that the single player game was so short (by Monster Hunter standards) by making it much harder early on.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

38. Posted:

I really liked the bowgun system in tri, it was pretty cool to mix bowgun parts.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

39. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Mizore wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Just be glad this is Ultimate and not Tri. :p
The village monsters in Ultimate have been toned down some. (besides the last two quests anyways)

that explains why barroth isn't a nightmare to new players like it was in MHTri

lol yeah, I died like...15 times or something when I first fought him. Only time I had real trouble in the village was when I got to Zinogre and Brachydios. (but still didn't have as much trouble)

well Brachydios wasn't as hard as I expected and Zinogre.... well didnt reach it in the village because I lose too much time gathering materials for new armors but it was pretty hard in the port with my cousin to help.

Well anyways, we can all agree that the difficulty doesn't really show until G-Rank. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKpunky

40. Posted:

I'm dreading going into G-rank. But there are two sides I hear, that it's insanely difficult or that it's a piece of cake.

I'm finally catching up on my game .___.

PKpunky

3DS Friend Code: 4314-0436-2109 | Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness