Forums

Topic: Quality Control? Defective Wii U Gamepad :-(

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Redd72

Just purchased a Mario 3D World Wii U for ny daughter's birthday. I set it up, and as the gamepad comes on, I hear gargled tinny sound!? I adjust the sound up, then down, and still the sound was distorted and breaking up. Almost as if the tiny speakers could not handle the sound? I returned the unit and the new gamepad has crystal clear sound, no issues. This is my first defective Nintendo console pirchase.

Edited on by Redd72

Redd72

Smash_kirby

It happens even with the best of the manufacturers, look up Sony TV recalls if you really want to for a reference. Sometimes things slip through QA, so usually the store warranty should cover that and in this case it did. You will really enjoy 3D world as a note.

Smash_kirby

Jese_1

So what's the point? You bought a console with a controller that didn't work properly, returned it, and got a new controller that did work. Surely this isn't news worthy?

Jese_1

Nintendo Network ID: jesewashere

Aviator

I only listen to custal clear sound.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Jazzer94

Wait what is the problem they replaced it so everything is hunky dory.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Stu13

Pin this thread.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

RedDevilAde

Mine was ok so you're wrong (joke)!!! Sorry to hear that, must be doubly annoying since it was a birthday present and messed the day up, you would hope these things are tested before packaging.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Redd72

I wasted an hour of Mario 3D World time, by having to pack back up the system, and drive it back to the store The controller did sound crappy from jump though. We are loving Nintendo Land now. I am gonna purchase MarioKart 8 this weekend

Redd72

Sanqet

This no big problem when I bought the wii all those years ago on day one it was crashing all the time so I took it back and got it exchanged and to this day still Woking great. All consoles has failure rates I belive 3 to 5 percent is the norm it just a little annoying when it happens to you

Sanqet

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3296-0398

NinjaWaddleDee

Soooo who else uses their gamepad, and Wii U in general, 70 percent of the time for internet browsing, and the other 30 percent for gaming? I know I do. The Wii U is one of the best browsers I've ever used, even better than the PS4's.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Hy8ogen

Congrats on the new Wii U system! It's a shame your first Nintendo purchase is a dud, but at least you got it replaced with no issues

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

VmprHntrD

At least you could return yours so that's good on you. The day the 5.2 update came out I ran it and it broke my system destroying the system settings menu(wrench icon.) I had to send it in, they didn't even bother trying to fix the issue, they just mailed me an entirely new system and didn't carry my data over which was totally accessible when I sent it off. I don't have more than 10 physical games due to the poor third party support, but 1/2 of them were done and it's all gone now. I've never since 1985(NES) had a system die on me unless it was direct abuse (had some kids break my old NES twice with food. A little girl learned when they're hot popsicles don't help things.)

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

Top

  • Pages:
  • 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic