Forums

Topic: Project CARS 2015 Wii U

Posts 201 to 220 of 222

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The industry is just effed up, period. I've haven't seen this much BS since RROD and a lot of it is still going on with Capcom and Konami. Konami is seriously going to go mobile and they probably never once thought of releasing a new Geomon on consoles before making that decision, and if they did, they definitely didn't think very hard.

People complain about stuff like the Mega Man X reboot that got cancelled, but at this point, you'd be better off having that than no Mega Man game at all. People fail hard at realizing that, but Capcom can't even afford a Mega Man demo, and Konami has to release a $30 demo that is now on sale for $10. The only reason Namco even picked up Project Cars, is because Mad Dog Studios already begged for enough money from Kickstarter people, and now they just swoop up and don't even deliver jack s*** for people who donated.

Please understand.

The industry has a lot of problems. Currently in the industry it is more important to know certain people than to know how to make a game. It cost a lot of money to develop a game and it is very difficult to make profit on that game. People's expectations are never consistent. The industry doesn't know what to do because audience is screaming for one thing but supports other things.

I understand, but at some point, these companies really are stepping on people on make a quick buck, whether the game or DLC isn't really worth the price they ask for, or begging on Kickstarter.

There's nothing to expect from a company who fails on their promises in one way or another, especially on Kickstarter.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

I personally think of this as an equivalent to those PC ports that take a long time only to be broken. Unfortunately, unlike PC, I can't see fans fixing the game's problems, but that does come to mind. There's been plenty of examples of fans (sometimes just one fan even) embarrassing companies with how much better they are at getting a game to work on PC.

Maybe we should bug Tantalus about this, they could probably fix this FPS problem in a weekend.

I'm not gonna be as harsh as some people, but at the same time, you're not gonna get sympathy from me. One or the other person is either a liar or an idiot and they should shut their mouth. Even ignoring anything else, this is embarrassing from a PR perspective.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

The games are just taking forever on every console. Nintendo released a ton of AAA IPs while Xbox and PS were sitting there with just Advanced Warfare. I already have freaking TitanFall, and they fix bugs all the time. Everything I complained about doesn't even exist anymore.

Qwest

Kuhang

I think Nintendo Fans have every right to be ANGRY at Slightly Mad studios. For how Project CARS turned out for the Wii U, the treatment that Wii U owners got from the developer, and All the false promises made and the lies told by the developer to the Wii U owners.

Lets look back at the history of statements made by Slightly Mad Studio. Where things started to go downhill for Wii U and the lies told. How great it all started to how bad it ended.

April 2013:

"What we´re going to make sure is that the Wii U version is not the worst
one, it won´t be a crappy version. We want people to get the game and
say `Holy s***, that looks amazing"

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/project_cars_dev_mak...

December 2013:

"The Wii U is more than capable of providing the core Project CARS
experience. Sure, some super-high-level graphical effects may not be
possible but in comparison it also offers a unique interaction
experience via the GamePad controller, with the second screen
potentially becoming your track map overview, rear-view mirror,
telemetry, or simply mimicking a real race car steering wheel whilst you
use the gyroscope to drive."

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/wii_u_more_than_capa...

September 2014 :

" I've seen the Wii U version, I've seen it quite regularly. It's got dynamic time of day, weather - it looks phenomenal. And the actual console itself is quite good."

""It's not our job to disappoint those guys, So when we say the Wii U version is delayed in 2015 because we need a little more time, that's all it is. We just want to make sure it's of the same standard of all the other games. To do that, we just need a little more time."

"There is no conspiracy"

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/project_cars_wii_u_d...

And comes...

May 2015 :

" OK I'll come clean. At the moment we're running at about 23FPS on the WiiU"

"We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3..."

(When it was made clear the by Iwata that a New hardware was not coming anytime soon or years for that matter)

Replies made to fans showing dissappointment on the situation.

"Oh please do. We really don't want people like you buying our games."

"You won't hear this elsewhere, but in the industry we call you 'The 2%'. You represent 2% of the purchases but create 98% of the hassle for developers by well, just what you've stated above. Going on channels to tell everyone 'don't buy this game!!' because you have some personal grief."

"Honestly, if your followers are like minded people we could chop a good chunk off of that 2% in one fell swoop. You'd be doing us a great favour.
Bye."

"Yup, and if you need to pass this on, we really dislike Nintendo fans"

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27584-Can-the...

Later the developer went on to clearify how the Wii U version of the game was always a "Maybe"

"It was always 'maybe' as we had no knowledge of the system."

"It (The Game) was changed, by vote of the members, to a PC/Xbox One/PS4 next gen game with still 'maybe Wii U' and Steam OS. The funding, as I said above, was closed long before this.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/exclusive_slightly_m...

To be honest I question if there ever was a Wii U version of Project CARS. All these while the developer didn't show a "single" screenshot of the game, forget about gameplay footages and that they were hoping for a new hardware to be announced at this E3 was the worst posssible idea to play dumb. I think it's safe to assume that the Wii U version of Project CARS is all but cancelled.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Captain_Toad

Heh, way to leave out in a blaze of glory. I'm not even "mad" just.......dissapointed.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

KryptoniteKrunch

I agree with Kuhang, and his proof backs up why most people are upset over this. I understand if a game can't run on Wii U because it isn't the best hardware out there, but why make all of these claims and broken promises?! And this really has nothing to do with sales or the Wii U's install base either. SMS is well aware of the install base and Namco was still onboard to publish a Wii U version. So the sales excuse doesn't really fly in this situation.

But yeah, I'm pretty disappointed by this especially since SMS made all of these claims and promises. Kickstarter developers shouldn't make promises unless it's a guaranteed thing.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

DefHalan

I almost feel like it was supposed to be a joke but the timing is really off. I feel sorry for anyone that backed it for the Wii U version and I hope other Kickstarters don't follow soon. Still waiting for Road Redemption

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

Wow, just wow!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Well, it's not like they respect PC/PS4/X1 owners much. Revealing a sequel less than two months after the first game came out. With not even all bugs fixed and hardly any DLC released.

Spoony_Tech

I can't believe there asking for croudfunding again!

I hope they don't get the money they need.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NintendoFan990

This just serves a lesson for you all to never crowdfund.

I am a human.

Jazzer94

This is over a month old and if any of you actually bothered to read the thread in question and understand the context of his reply you'd realise he was getting sarcastic to basically trolls.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

dumedum

Jazzer94 wrote:

This is over a month old and if any of you actually bothered to read the thread in question and understand the context of his reply you'd realise he was getting sarcastic to basically trolls.

He was being kind of an arse though. His response was not to a troll but to a very reasonable and detailed post.
They lied about bringing the game to the Wii U, that's the only fact here.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Jazzer94

dumedum wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

He was being kind of an arse though. His response was not to a troll but to a very reasonable and detailed post.
They lied about bringing the game to the Wii U, that's the only fact here.

That particular user wasn't one of the proper trolls in the thread but he was being an obnoxious twit which was enough to Ian Bell over the edge (he should have controlled himself regardless) still doesn't change the fact you guys can't recognise sarcasm.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Dezzy

I haven't read all of the details of their earlier funding. Were there people who donated expecting a Wii U version then?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MsJubilee

Has the Wiiu port of this effing game been cancelled? Cause it's wow not happening,they can't even run the port in a stable 30 FPS. Jesus what a bunch of liars. Oh and he was being sarcastic don't get all pissy if you can't see it! Or read or whatever.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SCRAPPER392

I'm not even interested about Project Cars on Xbox One, like at all. If they add OR support and all that other expensive stuff, then it might be worth it, but by then Forza and whatever else will probably already have that, so I think they missed the boat on this one. With Wii U, they could have just added motion controls right off the bat. It really just depends on if you care about that or the physical wheel controls, but it's still a nice option to have. I'm not even interested in this anymore, because of all the E3 announcements. I was only interested in it, because of Wii U, basically.

Qwest

GrailUK

I don't know whether or not he meant what he said as it is difficult to put intonation on written word without knowing the person, but situations like this can be avoided by acting professionally...which he failed to do in this case.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.