Forums

Topic: Project CARS 2015 Wii U

Posts 21 to 40 of 222

rockodoodle

I was looking foward to this game for the fall... i have plenty to play as it stands now, so for me it's not a big deal other than this is a game i've wanted for a while. it's bad for nintendo in that it doesn't have much 3rd party support and this will lead to at least a few lost sales bc others will buy the version on another platform. so it's kind of a cycle here

As mentioned above, the good thing might be that it won't have to compete with Smash Bros. and the install base might be better, but also, as mentioned, current Wii U owners who have more than one console might just get it on that.

rockodoodle

SCRAPPER392

I honestly don't even care that much. I won't be buying it on Xbox One, just because the Wii U version got delayed. I'm not that impatient. The same has applied to Watch Dogs. I'll decide whther I should buy the Xbox One or Wii U version, once I see both, because I'm only going to buy the game once, and if a little bit of extra graphics is what all the fuss is about, I'll just go GamePad.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

SanderEvers wrote:

Stupid publishers doing this. I'm not going to buy this game anymore. On ANY system. I might even had bought both Wii U and PS4 versions, too bad for them.

I really don't understand why this is a big deal. You'll still be able to get the game. The other versions are just coming sooner. Honestly, I'm surprised the other versions didn't get delayed since the big names will beat them to market by over a month, and then everything else comes out on those consoles in October/November...everything...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

CanisWolfred wrote:

SanderEvers wrote:

Stupid publishers doing this. I'm not going to buy this game anymore. On ANY system. I might even had bought both Wii U and PS4 versions, too bad for them.

I really don't understand why this is a big deal. You'll still be able to get the game. The other versions are just coming sooner. Honestly, I'm surprised the other versions didn't get delayed since the big names will beat them to market by over a month, and then everything else comes out on those consoles in October/November...everything...

The problem I foresee is that eventually the Wii U version will sell even worse than it would've sold elsewise. Which isn't that big of a deal, but the Wii U owners will be blamed for it, as they ''don't support third party games''. Well they do, but not the downscaled delayed multiplat games.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SanderEvers wrote:

The problem I foresee is that eventually the Wii U version will sell even worse than it would've sold elsewise. Which isn't that big of a deal, but the Wii U owners will be blamed for it, as they ''don't support third party games''. Well they do, but not the downscaled delayed multiplat games.

So to avoid being blamed for not supporting 3rd Parties and making a game flop, they're going to purposely avoid supporting 3rd Parties in order to ensure their game flops.

Untitled

That's our fanboys!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

It depends. There ARE people that only have a Wii U, and THOSE are the people that will still buy the game, IF they really wanted it.

Qwest

CanisWolfred

Yeah, I guess most of the people angry about it probably wouldn't have bought it day one regardless...I mean, it just seems silly to turn a total 180 on something you really wanted just because some people get to play it before you do. It's not like they're taking out features or putting in less effort, they're just delaying it 2 or 3 months. If you really can't wait that long, I can't imagine you had much conviction in the first place.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

arnoldlayne83

In a way, it is true that if every third parties flopped on wiiu and developer went away, it is also a userbase fault... Cos not all the games were downscaled (nfs, deus ex, tekken tag...)... I see it nowadays, project car got delayed and many say "don t care, i have mario kart".... Or the fact that a dinasty warrior spinoff with zelda costumes got a superhyped train, while the original i guess sold 10k copies outside japan... This is the dark side of nintendo fanboysm... I start to believe that most of nintendo customers only care about nintendo stuff...

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, I guess most of the people angry about it probably wouldn't have bought it day one regardless...I mean, it just seems silly to turn a total 180 on something you really wanted just because some people get to play it before you do. It's not like they're taking out features or putting in less effort, they're just delaying it 2 or 3 months. If you really can't wait that long, I can't imagine you had much conviction in the first place.

Exactly. If these people only have a Wii U, they should still want the game, whether it's delayed or not. Watch Dogs on Wii U will probably be like the GOTY edition with GamePad features so no value is lost.

I'm under the impression that these extra months of development time is actually worth something.

Qwest

Discostew

For me, it's not so much that it is getting delayed (they said it needs more polish), but the fact that this seems to be a common occurrence for 3rd-parties with regard to making games for the Wii U, if they make a Wii U version at all. In most cases, if not all, the Wii U gets pushed to the side as the bus is loaded, to which the driver says after everyone else boards - "Sorry, we're full. You'll need to wait for the next one". For once I'd like to see the Wii U get top priority for some 3rd-party games, but it seems the others of the Big 3 have policies that prevent that, and an example of that is Rayman Legends. The game was finished for Wii U, but they felt they could get more money if they made a PS3/360/PC version. They ended up delaying the Wii U version because MS's policy for the 360 demanded that a multi-plat game for it must either come with more content than the rest or must be released alongside the earliest version. Otherwise, MS wouldn't allow it, so Ubisoft gave in.

Now it just seems like 3rd-parties don't care and would rather tell Wii U owners "Be grateful that you get a version at all" when it seems their decisions have been punishing the Wii U ever since its conception.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

WiiWareWave

Wow, just wow Micas who appears to be an employee from Slightly Mad Studios is threatening the members at Nintendo Enthusiast that they're considering dropping Wii U support for Project Cars because of the way Nintendo fans have reacted to their unfair console-specific delay and not only that, he also claims that Wii U owners hardly helped them during their crowdfunding....here's the link to the article where his comment is located: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/slightly-mad-studios-peopl...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@Rukiafan Oh i read the article i don't like the developer's attitude towards the wiiu owners. We have to wait,that's not fair.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

@CanisWolfred Go to the site and look at the comments below that are recent.Damn people are mad, im mad but not like that.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Atariboy

Gee, this is such a surprise considering that the Wii U is significantly underpowered compared to the other platforms that this will be on now that the 360/PS3 versions have been cancelled, the type of audience on the Wii U, the lack of analog triggers on Wii U controllers, the lack of any wheel/pedal peripherals for the dedicated racing enthusiast (Anyone that suggests that motion is comparable is clueless), the small and stagnant install base, the lack of any screenshots or video of the Wii U version in action, etc.

That it's delayed and worry is increasing that they might not follow through is sure a shock.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

faint

GoneFishin wrote:

Gee, this is such a surprise considering that the Wii U is significantly underpowered compared to the other platforms that this will be on now that the 360/PS3 versions have been cancelled, the type of audience on the Wii U, the lack of analog triggers on Wii U controllers, the lack of any wheel/pedal peripherals for the dedicated racing enthusiast, the small and stagnant install base, the lack of any screenshots or video of the Wii U version in action, etc.

That it's delayed and worry is increasing that they might not follow through is sure a shock.

the game pad has motion control so you wheel. does the ps4/one have a wheel? the wiiu has a much larger instal base than the one. it will have no competition on the wiiu one has forza ps4 has drive club. and the wiiu isn't drastically underpowered. the wii was in comparison to the ps3/360 but the current gap is much smaller. troll elsewhere.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Hy8ogen

This may be good news actually. I was the same as alot of you guys, super pissed at the delay. After some deep thinking, this may actually be good news!

Project Cars come out for Ps4/Xbone on November clashing with all the big titans like Drive Club and Forza. Imagine due to the massive competition and Project Cars flopped on both systems, but then sold a tonnes loads on the Wii U due to non-existent competition on that platform. Slightly Mad might fell in love with Nintendo and became a Nintendo only 2nd party? Think about it Gais!

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

kkslider5552000

Hy8ogen wrote:

This may be good news actually. I was the same as alot of you guys, super pissed at the delay. After some deep thinking, this may actually be good news!

Project Cars come out for Ps4/Xbone on November clashing with all the big titans like Drive Club and Forza. Imagine due to the massive competition and Project Cars flopped on both systems, but then sold a tonnes loads on the Wii U due to non-existent competition on that platform. Slightly Mad might fell in love with Nintendo and became a Nintendo only 2nd party? Think about it Gais!

This is basically my attitude right now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Discostew

Hy8ogen wrote:

That could be a possibility, but another possibility is that even if these companies are competing with each other for sales on the same platforms (PS4/XB1 in this case), the least it could mean is that the platforms themselves sell a lot more units because of the variety in the specific genre. As a platform grows in sales, so do the sales of software.

Had Ubisoft stuck with their original plan of having Rayman Legends exclusive to Wii U, or at the very least released it on-time while still developing version for other platforms, the Wii U version would have had a greater majority of sales because it would have been the first to receive it, and would have likely increased hardware sales as well. It was originally set to release in a time where there was no competition with other major titles too.

Then we have games like NFS:MW that released later on for Wii U that, while enhanced over the PS3/360 versions, sold poorly because people that wanted the game already got it on platforms it released earlier on. WD for Wii U is likely going to have the same thing happen.

I'm just saying that even if there are consequences for being first, the positives will usually outweigh the negatives, whereas the negatives usually outweigh the positives for late releases.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.