Forums

Topic: Project CARS 2015 Wii U

Posts 181 to 200 of 222

HollywoodHogan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

also its being rushed because the Big N hasn't had a notable release since Mario Party 10 in March which is obvious to anyone paying attention so refrain from making up nonsense reasons for me.

I agree with your general sentiments, but disagree on this point. Mario Party 10 was not a "notable release". The drought goes back to Smash Bros/Captain Toad, and even then, Captain Toad is a bit of a stretch. It's been 5-6 months since a big Wii U title has come out.

Hang on a-...okay, yeah. I really liked Captain Toad and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, but there really hasn't been a game as big as Smash Bros. So for once, I agree with you, @HollywoodHogan- AAAAAAGH! Dear God, it actually physically hurt me to type that I agree with you!

Untitled

Friend to all SJW's

micronean

CanisWolfred wrote:

I certainly hope they get it to work. I don't care if they scale down the graphics. I'm more interested in the gameplay than the looks. I wanted the Wii U version because I recall them promising to do interesting things with the Wii U gamepad. That's what I'm in for, and I won't settle for less. The PS4 will have a new Gran Turismo. The Wii U won't.

It doesn't look like it's going to happen. They completed the game, for all intents and purposes, and yet on the Wii U they can't get it to run properly. SMS would need to do a major overhaul to get the game to work, and it seems better for them to wait until Nintendo's hardware catches up to their PC-centric coding with the NX.

I really hope it doesn't. I really hope the NX is totally different and affordable enough to make development profitable. Sim Racing can stay on PC, as it always has.

micronean

AJ_Lethal

SMS is just messing up, huh? First the Gameworks debacle and now they might be taking the Wii U backers' money and run.

CanisWolfred

micronean wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I certainly hope they get it to work. I don't care if they scale down the graphics. I'm more interested in the gameplay than the looks. I wanted the Wii U version because I recall them promising to do interesting things with the Wii U gamepad. That's what I'm in for, and I won't settle for less. The PS4 will have a new Gran Turismo. The Wii U won't.

It doesn't look like it's going to happen. They completed the game, for all intents and purposes, and yet on the Wii U they can't get it to run properly. SMS would need to do a major overhaul to get the game to work, and it seems better for them to wait until Nintendo's hardware catches up to their PC-centric coding with the NX.

I really hope it doesn't. I really hope the NX is totally different and affordable enough to make development profitable. Sim Racing can stay on PC, as it always has.

PC sims won't have the Wii U Gamepad. I'm serious when I say it has to worth to me without that. I'll wait for Gran Turismo 7 if they truly skip the Wii U. That the only other sim racer I've had any interest in.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ZuneTattooGuy

Jazzer94 wrote:

Love how you ignore the fact that friend matches won't come till August as well, also its being rushed because the Big N hasn't had a notable release since Mario Party 10 in March which is obvious to anyone paying attention so refrain from making up nonsense reasons for me.

I didn't ignore the fact that Matchmaking is not coming out for a couple months (June, July woot), but the fact they are still giving us a ton of game to sink our teeth into I will just suck it up buttercup. But to say they are rushing the game is stupid, because they are releasing it in the end of May. That is not a killer time to release a video game, especially an original IP, the first in a long time.

I am sorry if you want a broken matchmaking system like Halo Master Chief Collection but I do not need a game delayed for 2 months while they figure out a feature to perfection that I don't really care about.

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

ZuneTattooGuy

AJ_Lethal wrote:

SMS is just messing up, huh? First the Gameworks debacle and now they might be taking the Wii U backers' money and run.

Welcome to crowdsource funding games, happens all the time.

CanisWolfred

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

I am sorry if you want a broken matchmaking system like Halo Master Chief Collection but I do not need a game delayed for 2 months while they figure out a feature to perfection that I don't really care about.

That was the exception, not the rule. I don't know if you've had time to actually play a first or third person shooter online in between your cheerleading sessions, but matchmaking, friend matches, and other features are not just important, I don't think you could reasonably expect people to play online without it. And yes, the online was a huge selling point for the game, why do you think they showed off so much of the multiplayer before the singleplayer? "Testfired" the online, but offered no samples of the campaign? That is an obvious sign of Nintendo rushing the game out the door. Most companies can't get away with releasing a game with a few bugs in it, but releasing a game without features that are probably listed in bold letters on the back of the freakin' box? That's just not right. And it's not the first time they did that, Smash Bros. Wii U also released with a few features having to be patched in later. Nintendo's getting desparate. There's no other way to spin it. It's sad, and it's not right, but it's just what's happening right now.

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Welcome to crowdsource funding games, happens all the time.

No it doesn't. They aren't outliers, but Kickstarters legitimately not releasing the games or even versions of games they promised to release is not that common, nor is it something that should be taken lying down. Yes, there's supposed to be a risk involved with crowdfunding, but the backers also can reasonably accept some form of compensation, considering they might not be getting what they were promised when they funded them. Otherwise it's highway robbery and Slightly Mad Studios "won't be working in this town again", so to speak.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

I didn't ignore the fact that Matchmaking is not coming out for a couple months (June, July woot), but the fact they are still giving us a ton of game to sink our teeth into I will just suck it up buttercup. But to say they are rushing the game is stupid, because they are releasing it in the end of May. That is not a killer time to release a video game, especially an original IP, the first in a long time.

The doctrine you subscribe to is truly astounding.

Post launch support is the best thing ever for Splatoon, but it's trash for Driveclub. Matchmaking that isn't available/doesn't work is trash for Halo, but it's not a core feature for Splatoon. X and Y game not coming to Wii U is fine, because they were trash anyway. Nintendo doesn't need 3rd party support because Splatoon is super cool. The end of May, the kickoff to the summer season when all the kids are out of school and college students are home for the summer, is "not a killer time" to release a video game. Ok.

You chip away at the credibility of people who like Nintendo and like the Wii U with your delusions and pettiness.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

Welp. The economy is ruined, Kickstarter is a scam like 60% of the time, Zelda got delayed. WTF.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Grumblevolcano

CanisWolfred wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

That was the exception, not the rule. I don't know if you've had time to actually play a first or third person shooter online in between your cheerleading sessions, but matchmaking, friend matches, and other features are not just important, I don't think you could reasonably expect people to play online without it. And yes, the online was a huge selling point for the game, why do you think they showed off so much of the multiplayer before the singleplayer? "Testfired" the online, but offered no samples of the campaign? That is an obvious sign of Nintendo rushing the game out the door. Most companies can't get away with releasing a game with a few bugs in it, but releasing a game without features that are probably listed in bold letters on the back of the freakin' box? That's just not right. And it's not the first time they did that, Smash Bros. Wii U also released with a few features having to be patched in later. Nintendo's getting desparate. There's no other way to spin it. It's sad, and it's not right, but it's just what's happening right now.

I agree and to be honest the last big Wii U game Nintendo created that didn't feel rushed in some way was 3D World. Tropical Freeze had the gamebreaking glitch in World 3 (completely stopped progress), Mario Kart 8 had the rushed battle mode and the glitch that disconnected lobbies when you leave, Smash had the whole on disc content delayed situation and plenty of unjust online bans and now Splatoon with a vast amount of content not being present until post-launch.

It wasn't particularly an issue until Smash though as everything except MK8's battle mode were fixed rather soon after launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ZuneTattooGuy

CanisWolfred wrote:

No it doesn't. They aren't outliers, but Kickstarters legitimately not releasing the games or even versions of games they promised to release is not that common, nor is it something that should be taken lying down. Yes, there's supposed to be a risk involved with crowdfunding, but the backers also can reasonably accept some form of compensation, considering they might not be getting what they were promised when they funded them. Otherwise it's highway robbery and Slightly Mad Studios "won't be working in this town again", so to speak.

With the reviews its been getting on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC (around 8s) as long as sales don't suck they will work in this town again. They never promised the Wii U version, and would you want them to release a broken bland game anyway?

ZuneTattooGuy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

I agree and to be honest the last big Wii U game Nintendo created that didn't feel rushed in some way was 3D World. Tropical Freeze had the gamebreaking glitch in World 3 (completely stopped progress), Mario Kart 8 had the rushed battle mode and the glitch that disconnected lobbies when you leave, Smash had the whole on disc content delayed situation and plenty of unjust online bans and now Splatoon with a vast amount of content not being present until post-launch.

It wasn't particularly an issue until Smash though as everything except MK8's battle mode were fixed rather soon after launch.

No one has explained why they believe Splatoon was rushed? For what reason? Couldn't they have delayed it announced more content for it at e3?

ZuneTattooGuy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

The doctrine you subscribe to is truly astounding.

Post launch support is the best thing ever for Splatoon, but it's trash for Driveclub. Matchmaking that isn't available/doesn't work is trash for Halo, but it's not a core feature for Splatoon. X and Y game not coming to Wii U is fine, because they were trash anyway. Nintendo doesn't need 3rd party support because Splatoon is super cool. The end of May, the kickoff to the summer season when all the kids are out of school and college students are home for the summer, is "not a killer time" to release a video game. Ok.

You chip away at the credibility of people who like Nintendo and like the Wii U with your delusions and pettiness.

Driveclub was broken, you couldn't play online at all for several weeks after its launch. Splatoon is a blast to play online, and is missing one feature that they will add in a couple of months. Matchmaking was released broken as hell for Halo MC Collection where Nintendo made the smart decision to not release a feature until its fully finished and not broken. And the beginning of Summer is not an ideal time for video games because some people like to leave their parents basements to play outside.

HollywoodHogan

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

No one has explained why they believe Splatoon was rushed? For what reason? Couldn't they have delayed it announced more content for it at e3?

Because Nintendo hasn't released a major title for the Wii U since November 2014 (Smash Bros) and they wanted/needed to release a game to boost sales momentum this spring before E3.

Not a difficult situation to decipher.

Friend to all SJW's

ZuneTattooGuy

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Because Nintendo hasn't released a major title for the Wii U since November 2014 (Smash Bros) and they wanted/needed to release a game to boost sales momentum this spring before E3.

Mario Party 10 has sold over 450k copies since its release on March 20th
Kirby the Rainbow Curse (US) - Has sold 150k copies since February
Toad Treasure Tracker sold 60k copies since Dec release

So they have had a few larger notable games come out between Smash and Splatoon. Again no reason to rush Splatoon, and for a "rushed game" it is running pretty flawlessly.

HollywoodHogan

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Mario Party 10 has sold over 450k copies since its release on March 20th
Kirby the Rainbow Curse (US) - Has sold 150k copies since February
Toad Treasure Tracker sold 60k copies since Dec release

So they have had a few larger notable games come out between Smash and Splatoon. Again no reason to rush Splatoon, and for a "rushed game" it is running pretty flawlessly.

Hate to break it to you, but none of those games you mentioned are in the same category as a Smash Bros, Splatoon, MK8, SM3DW, etc. Even Nintendo understands those aren't major cornerstone releases, hence their desire to release Splatoon now.

Friend to all SJW's

MsJubilee

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Splatoon was rushed because there was a drought for the Wiiu and they needed at least to release something before E3 bam there you go. That's why the other features will come later.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CanisWolfred

It's rushed because you don't hold back important features and say "we'll release them later, we promise! But please buy it now!" Or at least, you don't do that when you're a multi-million dollar company, nor do you do call the thing you released a final freakin' product. That is the epitome of rushed.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

The industry is just effed up, period. I've haven't seen this much BS since RROD and a lot of it is still going on with Capcom and Konami. Konami is seriously going to go mobile and they probably never once thought of releasing a new Geomon on consoles before making that decision, and if they did, they definitely didn't think very hard.

People complain about stuff like the Mega Man X reboot that got cancelled, but at this point, you'd be better off having that than no Mega Man game at all. People fail hard at realizing that, but Capcom can't even afford a Mega Man demo, and Konami has to release a $30 demo that is now on sale for $10. The only reason Namco even picked up Project Cars, is because Mad Dog Studios already begged for enough money from Kickstarter people, and now they just swoop up and don't even deliver jack s*** for people who donated.

Please understand.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

The industry is just effed up, period. I've haven't seen this much BS since RROD and a lot of it is still going on with Capcom and Konami. Konami is seriously going to go mobile and they probably never once thought of releasing a new Geomon on consoles before making that decision, and if they did, they definitely didn't think very hard.

People complain about stuff like the Mega Man X reboot that got cancelled, but at this point, you'd be better off having that than no Mega Man game at all. People fail hard at realizing that, but Capcom can't even afford a Mega Man demo, and Konami has to release a $30 demo that is now on sale for $10. The only reason Namco even picked up Project Cars, is because Mad Dog Studios already begged for enough money from Kickstarter people, and now they just swoop up and don't even deliver jack s*** for people who donated.

Please understand.

The industry has a lot of problems. Currently in the industry it is more important to know certain people than to know how to make a game. It cost a lot of money to develop a game and it is very difficult to make profit on that game. People's expectations are never consistent. The industry doesn't know what to do because audience is screaming for one thing but supports other things.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.