Forums

Topic: Project CARS 2015 Wii U

Posts 141 to 160 of 222

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

There aren't many reviews right now still, but everyone has good things to say so far.

So in hindsight the delay was probably a good thing?! It's been delayed so many times I sure hope they got it right. Now if we can only get a Wii U trailer.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Moms-Meowth

I've lost the urge for this game now.

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

Although that difference in performance between PS4 and Wii U is a bit annoying. I would've really preferred they downgraded the graphics a bit for the sake of achieving 60fps.

Really? Ugh...

This doesn't make sense even for the Ps4. Ps4 fans clearly don't care about framerate (or having a gaming system that isn't a PS4 I'm assuming), but that's been one of Nintendo's saving graces for some people. No one cares if the graphics are impressive for a Wii U game, if they did, Need for Speed would've sold on it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Project CARS is pretty much dead on Wii U, might be on the Wii U's successor.

http://nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-version-of-project-cars-f...

Just when I thought I couldn't care less about a game...

Remember when this game was originally funded? Most backers wanted the Wii U version. They already ditched the PS3 and 360 versions, and after deleting negative comments on their site, I didn't think they could do worse. But no, they managed to cancel the most requested version after delaying it... Congratulations!

Octane

jariw

Octane wrote:

Remember when this game was originally funded? Most backers wanted the Wii U version. They already ditched the PS3 and 360 versions, and after deleting negative comments on their site, I didn't think they could do worse. But no, they managed to cancel the most requested version after delaying it... Congratulations!

My thoughts as well.

And implement on "Nintendo's next home console" seems to be even more strange. NX is said to not be a replacement for the Wii U (or the 3DS), so the next home console replacement might be very far away yet. And they know nothing of the performance of the "next home console".

Ian Bell on the Project Cars forum: "We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3..."
Hasn't Iwata already said that there will be no NX announcement on E3? Are they really thinking that there will be a new home console (non-NX) appearing at E3?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Peach64

I don't believe we'll see NX at E3 either, but Nintendo doesn't really have a great track record of doing what they say. "No plans for mobiles" and "Zelda definitely coming in 2015" being only two of the more recent examples.

Peach64

CaviarMeths

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Project CARS is pretty much dead on Wii U, might be on the Wii U's successor.

http://nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-version-of-project-cars-f...

This is sensationalist.

Reading the actual forum posts, Ian Bell is under the misguided impression that Nintendo is announcing new hardware this year at E3 and launching it soon after. That's not happening. In reality, we're still at least 18 months out from new hardware from Nintendo, and that's not even considering that the handheld will likely be replaced before the console.

Ian goes on to clarify that if new hardware isn't on the horizon, they will continue to work on the Wii U version, as per their obligation to the backers.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Kuhang

Project CARS for Wii U facing troubles could possibly be on the verge of cancellation according to Slighty Mad Studio developer Ian Bell. The Wii U version is only hitting 23fps @ 720p at the moment. Moreover he hopes for a new hardware announcement at E3 so they could preferably do the port for the new hardware (Nintendo NX)
Here's what he said when somebody at the forum wrote about being excited about the Wii U version Of Project CARS :
"Don't read wrongly into that...
OK I'll come clean. At the moment we're running at about 23FPS on the WiiU.
We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3..."
"Yes.
Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console. 720p yes."
Source : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27584-Project...

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

skywake

I think it's more a case of them not being 100% happy with the performance of the Wii U version as it is. Then their CEO has heard the NX rumours and puts on the breaks thinking that it might be a home console. Because if it is and it's out soon? Any work on trying to make a version that works well on a Wii U version will be completely wasted. Especially given that the Wii U isn't going to get them a lot of sales.

All of which kinda goes out the window when Nintendo doesn't announce a brand new home console this year. Which seems highly likely. Seems a bit of a joke to be using that as the excuse if you ask me.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jariw

Peach64 wrote:

I don't believe we'll see NX at E3 either, but Nintendo doesn't really have a great track record of doing what they say. "No plans for mobiles" and "Zelda definitely coming in 2015" being only two of the more recent examples.

No Zelda at E3, no new hardware at E3, no QoL at E3, no mobile at E3 are much more recent examples. Personally, I stick with the more recent announcements.

jariw

ZuneTattooGuy

It's not a huge loss if we don't get Project Cars. It seems like Driveclub to me and that was a whole lot of nothing on the PS4

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

CaviarMeths

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

It's not a huge loss if we don't get Project Cars. It seems like Driveclub to me and that was a whole lot of nothing on the PS4

By all accounts I've heard, Driveclub is fantastic now with the post-launch support and yes, it's a huge loss to the tens of thousands of people who backed Project CARS specifically for the much talked up Wii U version. During the initial crowdfunding campaign, it was easily the most anticipated and desired version of the game.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

spizzamarozzi

One thing that bothers me is that this game's been in development for four or five years now, correct? And until a few months ago the developers spoke about the WiiU version as it was shaping up with no major issues. Delayed, alright, but functional. They knew perfectly WiiU's specs didn't they. Hearing that they are struggling so much with the WiiU version so far into the development process is weird.

I'm not going to point my finger against the developers because it might as well be the publisher's desire not to release on WiiU because it didn't take off, and not the dev's fault.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

ZuneTattooGuy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

By all accounts I've heard, Driveclub is fantastic now with the post-launch support and yes, it's a huge loss to the tens of thousands of people who backed Project CARS specifically for the much talked up Wii U version. During the initial crowdfunding campaign, it was easily the most anticipated and desired version of the game.

Driveclub was one of the three main reasons I got rid of my PS4 (Driveclub, Destiny, Assassin's Creed Unity). It was a broken mess for over a month to the point you couldn't play the game with any of its social features. I don't care what patches they came out with to fix it, that is inexcusable. Project Cars is literally a bare bones car simulator, there is no real career mode to speak of, nothing to unlock, nothing to upgrade. You select a car, select a track and race. You can tweak your car, but can add nothing to it. So I apologize to all that crowd funded this game, it wasn't worth it.

Peach64

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Driveclub was one of the three main reasons I got rid of my PS4 (Driveclub, Destiny, Assassin's Creed Unity). It was a broken mess for over a month to the point you couldn't play the game with any of its social features. I don't care what patches they came out with to fix it, that is inexcusable. Project Cars is literally a bare bones car simulator, there is no real career mode to speak of, nothing to unlock, nothing to upgrade. You select a car, select a track and race. You can tweak your car, but can add nothing to it. So I apologize to all that crowd funded this game, it wasn't worth it.

Erm it's got one of the best career modes for a racing game in maybe ten years. There's actual progression of a motorsports career, not the usual just earn enough money to buy a faster car that most racers use these days.

Peach64

ZuneTattooGuy

Peach64 wrote:

Erm it's got one of the best career modes for a racing game in maybe ten years. There's actual progression of a motorsports career, not the usual just earn enough money to buy a faster car that most racers use these days.

PSX Extreme summary on Metacritic states it perfectly:
I think a lack of any sense of progression and a highly restrictive structure that basically says, “if you’re not ardently passionate, get out,” is a detriment. I don’t think a simulator needs to be quite so…aloof...But if you’re in that hardcore driving fan category, it’s a no-brainer.

I think with far better racers out their like Forza Horizon 2, Project Cars is completely lacking

Spoony_Tech

Aliens: colony marines anyone?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ZuneTattooGuy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Aliens: colony marines anyone?

Are you calling Project Cars an over promising liar too?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.