Forums

Topic: Project CARS 2015 Wii U

Posts 1 to 20 of 222

Emblem

Dead on arrival confirmed.
http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/proje...ntil_2015.html

Edit: PS4 & X1 versions both started after the Wii U version are coming in November. I can see a reason to pick this up if you own another console. Are there any Wii U specific features we know about?

Edited on by Emblem

Emblem

Jazzer94

Link is broken.
Actual link: http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/project_cars/news/project_cars...

I find this funny as the Wii U version was announced before the PS4 and Xbox One versions but is coming out after, clearly the Wii U is an after thought for most 3rd party developers at this point.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Peach64

Disappointing, but not really a surprise anymore.

If they need to shift resource off any version, the Wii U is the obvious candidate. Releasing later means avoiding Smash Bros, and hopefully the Wii U install base will look a lot healthier after Christmas. There's no real downside for them either. If they delayed the other versions they'd get beaten to market by Forza and Drive Club, but there's no competition to lose out to on Wii U.

Peach64

Nintenjoe64

Been waiting for a thread on this to reappear. Ever since a major publisher took this game I started worrying about the Wii U version. Publishers seem to enjoy canning Wii U games because certain ones have flopped but Project Cars sits in a niche that Nintendo consoles have been lacking since the SNES retired.

I also noticed that the game is £15 cheaper to pre-order on WiiU and PC. I hope this is just because their sales expectations on Wii U are lower and not because the Wii U version is missing £15 worth of features!

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

arnoldlayne83

S**t... I am waiting this game for so long...

Bad that is coming after the other versions....

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

Nintenjoe64

I might just have to get the superior PC version instead.

On one hand this looks like Namco are basically pulling a Ubisoft and saving a few bucks on distributing and finishing the game but then again, there is almost certain to be a game drought between Smash and whatever Nintendo's next big releases are. If Namco actually make a decent version and remind us it's coming, it might perform better than it would when up against Bayonetta, Smash, Hyrule Warriors and Captain Toad's Bad Mushroom Trip.

I think it's time to protest on Miiverse

cookiex

Peach64 wrote:

If they delayed the other versions they'd get beaten to market by Forza and Drive Club, but there's no competition to lose out to on Wii U.

With it's November release it'll be beaten to market by Forza and Drive Club anyway.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CanisWolfred

Nuts, I was dead set on getting this for Christmas. I'll still buy it day one, but now I gotta think of something else for the Holidays. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

arnoldlayne83

"Very very bad news you delayed the WiiU version.... we were a lot of enthusiast WiiU owners waiting for a great racsim on our console, and now you betray us like that.... check the poll, you are going to delay the version with more buying intents..... thank you very much... "

That's what I wrote on the poll site:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/which-platform-are-you-ge...

cmon guys, let them hear our disappointment.... I hope at least we will get some extra feature or discount price for having let us down!

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

dumedum

All the stupid DLC will be included? that might be nice. I'm not interested in this game but I would have bought it anyway because of the game pad features and the fact it came to the Wii U and all. So for me it could release also in 2017.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

unrandomsam

Too much too late. (Same as Shovel Knight was for the EU).

Cannot be bothered messing around and paying more for the privilege.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

kkslider5552000

tbh, releasing this in November anywhere is probably a terrible idea. I mean, I wouldn't want to compete with better known racing games, Smash Bros and COD. I mean, it's such a terrible idea to do that I'm surprised this game isn't made by Michel Ancel.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

They didn't delay it to avoid all those fall games, though. They delayed it, because they need more development time for Wii U. For all we know, the Wii U version was gimped and s***y, and Namco agreed to publish the game, as long as they made it better. It's very likely that Namco told them to make the Wii U version better than it is, IMO.

It's the exact same thing that Ubisot did to Watch Dogs. They wanted to release it with the other versions simultaneously, but then end up needing more developmnt time. Quality is gained, 100% confirmed. It's just a matter of how it compares after all is said and done. By the time Wii U gets the game, it will be hard for the Wii U version to be considered a failure, given that the Xbox One, PS4, and PC version actually sell well. There will be less pressure for the Wii U version to do well, in otherwords.

Watch Dogs has already sold really well on Xbox and PS. That gives them more incentive to make the Wii U version as good as they can, not less.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MsJubilee

Great the wiiu version won't sell now ,and im thinking about not buying this.Third party support is dead for the wiiu and for me great. You know whats more sad is that the pole in the website shows the PC and the wiiu versions of the game that are getting the most attention.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintenjoe64

I think if and when it's finally released it will be very similar to NFS for Wii U where barely any copies are printed so it's hard to find so it will sell out but not sell any more than its initial run.

If we get a Wii U version I will be happy that we got it at all. It will be my second car game after NFS but I know I will prefer driving on real tracks without police chases so will probably get it. The trouble is I might get tempted by the PC version because it's going to excrete all over the 'next-gen' console versions.

Nintenjoe64

@SCAR392 My thoughts were that they probably weren't going to make a November release with any version so they pulled the team off the Wii U version to make sure it was 100% ready for the versions they think will be more profitable.......... Either that or Namco have basically torpedoed the Wii U version because of poor PacMan sales!

SCRAPPER392

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

@SCAR392 My thoughts were that they probably weren't going to make a November release with any version so they pulled the team off the Wii U version to make sure it was 100% ready for the versions they think will be more profitable.......... Either that or Namco have basically torpedoed the Wii U version because of poor PacMan sales!

No, they didn't cancel it. Regardless of what anyone says, delay means delay, not f***ing cancel. I figure you're being sarcastic about the Pacman thing, but still... They probably did take resources from Wii U, because x86 is just naturally easier for these developers to make games for, right now, and that can guarantee a quick turn around from sales of the game.

It doesn't make the Wii U version any worse, though. It's very likely that Wii U is proving to be more of a challenge to develop for than x86 consoles, because otherwise they'd be able to develop both of them at the same time, and would have had a release date inbetween the x86 and Wii U version.

That's why I'm saying, releasing the game on Xbox One and PS4 first will guarantee an easier time with Wii U, because then they will now be getting money from the game, while still developing the Wii U version. All this proves, is that developing for Wii U is different than the x86 consoles, but it's still taking around amount of time, which they can't compensate for, yet. It's not completely about which version will sell well or not. It's about which consoles are easier/faster to develop for, and that console is not Wii U.

It sucks that Wii U won't be getting the game at the same time, but it's not because Wii U is weak or being abandoned. They just can't develop a PowerPc and x86 version simultaneously, which is what they were trying to do, and they chose the easiest route, which is x86. That why when the game finally does release, like Watch Dogs, we'll have to see where that development time went, because that probably means they aren't just straight up doing cheapo ports anymore.

It does not take 6 extra f***ing months to port a game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

Kodeen wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Great the wiiu version won't sell now

I was afraid it would never sell in the first place. The most predominant comment I've seen on any article on this game is "I don't like sim racers, prefer Mario Kart. Hope it does well though!"

That and the aforementioned "were you seriously going to buy this game when Smash Bros. was going to release that month?" really makes this seem smarter than anything else. I mean, I'm disappointed, but only because I was intending for Smash Bros. to be a present for my bro...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.