Showing 1 to 1 of 1
1. Posted: Fri 23rd Nov 2012 21:50 GMT
First I want to apologize if this topic has already been posted elsewhere in the Forums, but if it has then it should be Pinned so everybody has easy access to it. I encountered a very alarming problem when transferring my Wii Data on to my Wii U. I had followed all the instructions and was at the final step where I had prepared data on the SD card and was finishing the transfer to the Wii U. After launching the Wii System Transfer Channel on the Wii U the video of the Pikmin started playing and I remained at 0% for over 8 hours!
Now before I explain how I ended up resolving this issue I want to mention that this resolution was strictly my own experience and should not be taken as a definitive fix in event you were to run into the same problem. I highly suggest that you contact Nintendo Support (US 1-800-255-3700) for additional assistance, however I am posting this to give the community some potentially comforting information or perhaps to help those whom are not able to reach Nintendo Support.
So back to the problem. After leaving my system on overnight I figured the transfer would complete but saw that it remained at 0% this whole time. I contacted Nintendo and one of the Tech Support personnel hesitated to suggest to Power Cycle the machine as there is no backup plan if this idea were to fail. Holding down the Power button did not Power Cycle the machine so I was forced to unplug the console from the wall and plug it back in momentarily. I returned to the Wii System Transfer Channel, followed the instructions again, and returned to the video of Pikmin transferring my data with the progress stating 0%. Eventually, an error message popped up saying Error Code: 204038 and provided the following options: Wii Menu, Try Again. I was then transferred to a Network Tech Support and then on to a Network Tech Support Specialist when the code "could not be located". After explaining my problem, once again, we simply resorted to selecting the "Try Again" button and in a short amount of time the progress started moving! The Specialist suggested that there was a DNS error and with the amount of traffic going on it may have not been able to connect. He didn't say it, but for the first attempt where my progress got stuck at 0% my belief is that the software tried to contact the Nintendo network (as it often did during the entire process) and when it could not reach it a prompt failed to popup.
Anyway, I just wanted to put this post out there because when you're doing a one-way transfer of all your Wii stuff and the final process stalls, you might be just as concerned as I was. In case you were wondering about the amount of information transferred:
33 Saved files (Wii from Wii games, the remaining from Virtual Console games)
18 Virtual Console games
The time of completion was less than 10 minutes.
I hope this proves conforting or useful to somebody.