Wii U Forum

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Showing 281 to 300 of 331

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

281. Posted:

And the negative reaction to this combined with the unreasonable enthusiasm for the Tomb Raider port is everything that's wrong with the gaming industry.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

282. Posted:

@WebHead That Cranky announcement would have been much more acceptable for a Nintendo Direct. If Reggie had just shown Bayonetta 2 and Monolith's X then I would be happy. But Reggie couldn't even do that.
What a letdown.
What a shame.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

283. Posted:

Ugh, I hated reading the live feed toward Nintendo's announcement that it was almost painful to read. While I would've liked for Nintendo to have shown something different, Tropical Freeze is still going to be an awesome game. Besides, this awards show sounded stupid anyway. Why would someone have such high expectations of Nintendo here? We all have our hopes, but I kept my expectations in check.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
Okay!
Ooooh, banana!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Shaqazooloo

Shaqazooloo

284. Posted:

It seems latetly Nintendo's been the best at making bad decisions. Seriously! Donkey Kong! This was clearly not the time or place to present it. They should have shown bayonetta or X. Instead they show Donkey Kong, because I guess they didn't notice the disappointment from e3. Nintendo clearly don't know how to market, create hype, or deliver on the hype and in the past year thats become very obvious! I seriously think Nintendo has no idea whats going on. I wanted it to not be DK, but all the clues pointed to DK, a previously announced game, Cranky kong on cover of box art, the fact he announced he was going to be on VGX on a Donkey Kong centered appearance and Nintendo just being incompetent! A HUGE disappointment and I hope Nintendo feels deeply ashamed because I know I am!

Shaqazooloo

Nintendo Network ID: Shaqazooloo

AuthorMessage
Rezalack

Rezalack

285. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Can I change my prediction to: "a 3 hour nightmare"?

Lol. I have to agree so far. I just turned it on about 10 minutes ago and they were showing a viral video of two obnoxious.. things. Quite embarrassing, I cringed my way through in hopes for something better. I doubt this will happen.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

AuthorMessage
Caryslan

Caryslan

286. Posted:

micronean wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Who at Nintendo offices thought what Reggie talking about DK U was okay?????? Why didn't someone tell him: "NO!! Put DK U down!!! Show Bayonetta 2 at least!!!"
I luv Nintendo but this is just embarassing!!!!

Yup. Nintendo blew it. But, just from the quality of the show itself, I'm kinda glad that they didn't do much. This VGX is totally not worthy of a quality Nintendo showcase.

Yeah, but they could have totally stolen the show if they had played their cards right. Even if it was a Smash 4 Video showing off more newcomers, they could have gotten a big push from that, especially if a newcomer like Little Mac(if he's in) was shown off. Just because the show was horrible is no excuse for Nintendo to not show up with their AAA game. They do have a console that is still struggling. Now is not the time to be low-key.

Caryslan

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

287. Posted:

skywake wrote:

And the negative reaction to this combined with the unreasonable enthusiasm for the Tomb Raider port is everything that's wrong with the gaming industry.

To be fair, the stream I went to was entirely "meh" towards basically everything except for the Borderlands announcement.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

288. Posted:

skywake wrote:

And the negative reaction to this combined with the unreasonable enthusiasm for the Tomb Raider port is everything that's wrong with the gaming industry.

Yeah, but now "Laura" Croft has realistic hair, which was something the developers always wanted to do, and next-gen boobies. Tropical Freeze has no next-gen boobies.

Samurai_Goroh

AuthorMessage
triforcepower73

triforcepower73

289. Posted:

@Shaqazooloo Actually, more clues pointed to them showing Zelda than anything else.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda Wii U, Rainbow Six Siege, Star Fox Wii U, FFXV.
Currently playing: Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Teslagrad, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and 100% completing Xenoblade Chronicles.
NNID: bryceybryce

Nintendo Network ID: bryceybryce

AuthorMessage
micronean

micronean

290. Posted:

Caryslan wrote:

micronean wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Who at Nintendo offices thought what Reggie talking about DK U was okay?????? Why didn't someone tell him: "NO!! Put DK U down!!! Show Bayonetta 2 at least!!!"
I luv Nintendo but this is just embarassing!!!!

Yup. Nintendo blew it. But, just from the quality of the show itself, I'm kinda glad that they didn't do much. This VGX is totally not worthy of a quality Nintendo showcase.

Yeah, but they could have totally stolen the show if they had played their cards right. Even if it was a Smash 4 Video showing off more newcomers, they could have gotten a big push from that, especially if a newcomer like Little Mac(if he's in) was shown off. Just because the show was horrible is no excuse for Nintendo to not show up with their AAA game. They do have a console that is still struggling. Now is not the time to be low-key.

Yes. True. But doesn't Nintendo's letdown feel somewhat fitting to the overall letdown that is the VGX awards?

micronean

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

291. Posted:

Seriously guys, it's Cranky Kong and it's basically making Donkey Kong play like Ducktales. If you're not impressed with this and are "disappointed" with how much Nintendo have "screwed up" you need to take a long, hard look at yourselves. It's pretty awesome and you shouldn't care what their "image" is. Fact is that anything they showed would have got this sort of BS reaction from the audience that this sort of thing attracts.

Just think on this for a minute. Port of Tomb Raider and CoD with dogs are the things people are impressed with over a character that makes DK play like Ducktales and the newest 3D Mario. Who are the ones missing out on new and great gaming content here?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

292. Posted:

Wanna know whats funny? DK U is still a game I'm looking forward to playing. Quantum Break/Thief looks so bland, gray, and boring.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
LegoNintendo12

LegoNintendo12

293. Posted:

In the end I'm not that disappointed, sure it wasn't Zelda. Also based on what I saw, the show looks like trash, I'm kinda glad Zelda didn't appear on here, much rather see it on a Nintendo Direct or E3

LegoNintendo12

AuthorMessage
MAN1AC

MAN1AC

294. Posted:

I don't like Retro Studios and haven't cared for DK since the 64 days but I don't see why someone would be disappointed. It was pretty obvious that they were going to announced something DK related since that's Nintendo's next big title.

triforcepower73 wrote:

@Shaqazooloo Actually, more clues pointed to them showing Zelda than anything else.

What clues?
If there was a new game to announce I'm sure they would have done it by now.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

295. Posted:

Mariokartwii1 wrote:

Is reggie on crack?

he might be on something to stop the pain

and i might want some of whatever he has

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Caryslan

Caryslan

296. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Seriously guys, it's Cranky Kong and it's basically making Donkey Kong play like Ducktales. If you're not impressed with this and are "disappointed" with how much Nintendo have "screwed up" you need to take a long, hard look at yourselves. It's pretty awesome and you shouldn't care what their "image" is. Fact is that anything they showed would have got this sort of BS reaction from the audience that this sort of thing attracts.

Just think on this for a minute. Port of Tomb Raider and CoD with dogs are the things people are impressed with over a character that makes DK play like Ducktales and the newest 3D Mario. Who are the ones missing out on new and great gaming content here?

Because most people(myself included) were hoping for more Smash 4 info or a surprise game to be announced. Cranky Kong is cool and its great that he's playable, but its low key news for such an event. They would have gotten insane hype if they had shown off more Smash 4 newcomers, especially if characters like Little Mac and Dixie Kong were shown off.

Nintendo hyped this to no end, and its disappointing they blew their chance on news like this. They are trying to save a struggling system. Now is not the time to spend a spot on national TV on low-key news. Yes, Cranky Kong is going to be nice, but DKC: TF is a much lower key and less important game to the Wii U's future than Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4.

I was really hoping that if they did not show off a new game, they would at least focus on their two biggest games of next year.

Plus, the Cranky Kong thing was a massive rumor all last week, so it was less of a suprise then it could have been.

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

AuthorMessage
DudeSean

DudeSean

297. Posted:

I'm not disappointed. You know why? I had no expectations. Either surprise me or do nothing. This did nothing.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

298. Posted:

LegoNintendo12 wrote:

In the end I'm not that disappointed, sure it wasn't Zelda. Also based on what I saw, the show looks like trash, I'm kinda glad Zelda didn't appear on here, much rather see it on a Nintendo Direct or E3

This. I didn't really watch it, but the whole show looked and sounded stupid. Now I'm starting to understand why Nintendo wouldn't want what's going to be one of their biggest games ever to be announced on junk like this. Donkey Kong was still a bright spot among all the games I could care less about.

Any disappointment I might have felt is increasingly fading away as I realize this.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
Okay!
Ooooh, banana!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

299. Posted:

Nintendo coulda shown Bayonetta 2, Monolith's X, and even something Super Smash Bros. related.
But did they? No.
Reggie got up there and got humilated. Those guys were mean to him and all he did was show that CRANKY was announced for DK U. DK U is gonna be a great game but REALLY, NINTENDO?! REALLY??????
I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement again. I will always assume the worst for now on.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

300. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement again. I will always assume the worst for now on.

once you stop being whiny you'll eat up the next actual announcement and you know it. Stop pretending otherwise.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!