Forums

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Posts 121 to 140 of 309

Snagrio

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that this is the only major topic discussed on the Wii U forum for the next 3 1/2 days... It's going to be a long second part of the week...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

kyuubikid213

WingedSnagret wrote:

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that this is the only major topic discussed on the Wii U forum for the next 3 1/2 days... It's going to be a long second part of the week...

There's a thread about a Nintendo Dating Sim if you haven't already seen it.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

@the_shpydar In my defense, I only adopt terms like that when it seems as though they may become a part of the gaming lexicon such as hardcore, casual, fanboy, nerf, frag, and the like. I meant no harm by using the word. I didn't mean for it to come across as derogatory. I only used it because it filled best what the Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and similar shooter franchises' fans are. Personally, I think the term "dudebro" is rather cool. When people do decide to use it in a derogatory fashion, would you rather be called a dudebro for liking a certain subset of games or a fanboy?

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Wheeler

kyuubikid213 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

He's the one who made it.

Wheeler

kkslider5552000

the_shpydar wrote:

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

dudebro

#YOLO :3

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snagrio

ShadowFox254 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

He's the one who made it.

Exactly. /narrows eyes

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

hylianhalcyon

the_shpydar wrote:

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

Stole the words right outta my mouth. I remember when Wii gamers were all considered "casuals" and how the people that were lumped into that hated it. This really is no different in my mind.

As for zeldainformer. Yeah, they ain't good.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

mystman12

Phatosaurus wrote:

Regginator is going to come on stage in a gorilla costume, announce Cranky Kong as the 4th playable character in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze then drop the mic and swing off stage as a new trailer plays for DKTF.

That would be amazing.

But, I think it's going to be that Kirby Air Ride sequel I've been waiting for Nintendo to announce.

Ok, seriously, I really have no idea what it will be, but I hope it's a new IP, because that would be pretty exciting, and I don't really care that much about Legend of Zelda, Metroid (Unless it's a side scroller like Super Metroid, then I might be a little interested), or Star Fox. I'm really doubting it'll be a new IP though.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Ganondwarf

the_shpydar wrote:

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

HoodooMooJuice

maybe Nintendo will show their first trailer for steeldiver for Wii u?
we are nearing early 2014, it's intended release date.

HoodooMooJuice

Nintendo Network ID: food2go523

19Robb92

DarkwingLz wrote:

You mean the one they confirmed was only a tech demo?

When?

I haven't seen or heard any news of it since the "The history of Pokemon" trailer tease. Either way, they have something for WIiU in development. Otherwise they wouldn't need a tech demonstration. (Though it seems very weird to me that they'd show it as a tease in the end of that trailer if wasn't anything special)..

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

NinChocolate

Some people think that Nintendo is going to pretend that Donky Kong isn't the next big release for Wii U because many of VGX's gamer-viewers will be pulling for software like GTA or TLOU?

I'd be very surprised if Reggie goes in there thinking he needs to show the most UN-colorful-playful-Nintendo game they got in the pipe so he can maybe get those uninterested in Nintendo hardware into thinking that the Wii-U isn't as "Nintendo" as they might have always believed (known).

If he doesn't show some DK I'll be shocked. It's hype time for that game now and Wii U can't afford to skip hype opportunities for any releases least of all what's closest. If he goes back to the Wii U's early messaging that the console is for the "hardcore gamer" by showing the most violent/intense gameplay japan can send him, I'll also be surprised.

I predict Reggie will show pure Nintendo gaming fun, and that's Retro Studio's Donky Kong, through and through.

Nintendo IP IS relevant. And will never be "unacceptable" to be shown to gamers no matter what they play by any third party.

NinChocolate

skywake

What I'd like to see is an announcement of third party support for some of the games the Wii U has been missing out on. GTA V for example or something along those lines. I'm not holding my breath. Obviously I'm always happy to see a new Zelda or Metroid. Again I'm not holding my breath.

What I expect to see is new footage for Donkey Kong, Mario Kart or Smash Bros. And I'm fine with that TBH.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SearchNDestroy

What I want is a little different than what they'll probably announce.
1) GTA 5 (wishful thinking)
2) Fallout 4
3) Zelda

• It'll probably be more along the lines of: DK, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. & Zelda

Edited on by SearchNDestroy

SearchNDestroy

Blast

I've been rewatching trailers for DKC: U and now I do agree that this game should be shown at VGX.
The game looks like crazy fun.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

19Robb92 wrote:

DarkwingLz wrote:

You mean the one they confirmed was only a tech demo?

When?

I haven't seen or heard any news of it since the "The history of Pokemon" trailer tease. Either way, they have something for WIiU in development. Otherwise they wouldn't need a tech demonstration. (Though it seems very weird to me that they'd show it as a tease in the end of that trailer if wasn't anything special)..

Game Freak confirmed it was only a video and not a game. http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/25/pokemon-director-masuda-... "That was actually a video which was shown at the Pokémon Games Show, an event in Tokyo last month and it was showing the history of Pokémon games as well as the future." While it could become a game later, I wouldn't use it as "proof" of any existence.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

mamp

IDK it seems weird for Nintendo to go up there and show DK especially when it's Spike the TV network made for the unrealistic "bro-ed" out man.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

DudeSean

I bet some Bayonetta 2 could get some non-Nintendo fans riled up. Also, Bayonetta 2 seems to fit the Spike TV targeted demographic.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

ThePirateCaptain

I honestly think it's just going to be a new trailer for Tropical Freeze. It would make sense at it's Nintendo's next big game coming in a few months.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Wheeler

DudeSean wrote:

I bet some Bayonetta 2 could get some non-Nintendo fans riled up. Also, Bayonetta 2 seems to fit the Spike TV targeted demographic.

Got to have that sex appeal, guns, and explosions for the demographic.

Wheeler

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.