Wii U Forum

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Showing 121 to 140 of 332

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

121. Posted:

@Blastoise-san
I agree that it is a great looking game and needs to be pushed out to the public, but I don't think VGX is the place to do it.
Right now, people that are looking down on the system have to see a game that shows how much of a threat Nintendo poses with a different controller and an HD capable console. X would be the absolute PERFECT game to do this with except... I don't know of many people that would associate X with Nintendo. Gamers that know of Xenoblade's existence will definitley pinpoint that, but I think something more identifiable as a Nintendo game would be best. So, allow me to rescind a part of my prior post and say that Bayonetta wouldn't work either simply because it's Bayonetta, a franchise also not associated with Nintendo.

I know I don't make sense a lot of the time, so here's a short version...

Nintendo needs to show up with something that screams "Nintendo" at VGX that also impresses dudebro PSBOXPC gamers.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Ganondwarf

122. Posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Game of thrones.

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

AuthorMessage

Blast

123. Posted:

@kyuubikid213 A trailer for Bayoneta 2 at VGX is vital. Go on Youtube and try to look up a trailer for Bayonetta 2 then scroll to the comments. You know what would you see? "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Wii U?! NOT FAIR!!!". Its just jealous and butthurt Sony and Microsoft gamers screaming about Bayonetta 2 being exclusive to Wii U. So Nintendo needs to thump its chest and yell at those dudebro gamers during VGX and say. "HEY! BAYONETTA 2 IS EXCLUSIVE TO WII U! Check out this awesome trailer! You want the game???? BUY A WII U!".

A trailer for Monolith's X would make X more known and mainstream which could generate more sales and hype.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

124. Posted:

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

125. Posted:

This is actually the one time where Mario/Kart, DK, X, Bayonetta, and possibly even Smash aren't the exact answer Nintendo needs. They have to show Zelda. It's been held off twice already, and this is a better time then ever to proceed with the official unveiling, especially since this will be their first time participating in the event.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

126. Posted:

It's just gonna be a new smash bros. trailer. Anything else would just be a very very nice surprise.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

127. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/you-heard-it-here-first-zel...
Has anyone seen this link yet? This guy seems convinced that we'll see where Zelda U is currently at.

These guys are notorious for calling "wolf" and pulling rumors out of their behinds. I don't trust them at all

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Blast

128. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

@the_shpydar ... What? What's your problem? Are you honestly gonna tell me that "dudebro" gamers don't exist?! What else do we call gamers that only play games that are "mature"? What else do we call gamers that consider Fifa and Call of Duty to be the best gaming franchises in the world? What else do we call gamers that are bored by something like Super Mario 3D World but relish a violent game?! C'mon, man. I'm not sitting on a high-horse when I say "dudebro". I'm being freaking realistic about how the gaming industry is changing!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

129. Posted:

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that this is the only major topic discussed on the Wii U forum for the next 3 1/2 days... It's going to be a long second part of the week...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

130. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that this is the only major topic discussed on the Wii U forum for the next 3 1/2 days... It's going to be a long second part of the week...

There's a thread about a Nintendo Dating Sim if you haven't already seen it.

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

131. Posted:

@the_shpydar In my defense, I only adopt terms like that when it seems as though they may become a part of the gaming lexicon such as hardcore, casual, fanboy, nerf, frag, and the like. I meant no harm by using the word. I didn't mean for it to come across as derogatory. I only used it because it filled best what the Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and similar shooter franchises' fans are. Personally, I think the term "dudebro" is rather cool. When people do decide to use it in a derogatory fashion, would you rather be called a dudebro for liking a certain subset of games or a fanboy?

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

132. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

He's the one who made it. :P

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

133. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

dudebro

#YOLO :3

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

134. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

He's the one who made it. :P

Exactly. /narrows eyes

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

135. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Stole the words right outta my mouth. I remember when Wii gamers were all considered "casuals" and how the people that were lumped into that hated it. This really is no different in my mind.

As for zeldainformer. Yeah, they ain't good.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage

mystman12

136. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Regginator is going to come on stage in a gorilla costume, announce Cranky Kong as the 4th playable character in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze then drop the mic and swing off stage as a new trailer plays for DKTF.

That would be amazing.

But, I think it's going to be that Kirby Air Ride sequel I've been waiting for Nintendo to announce.

Ok, seriously, I really have no idea what it will be, but I hope it's a new IP, because that would be pretty exciting, and I don't really care that much about Legend of Zelda, Metroid (Unless it's a side scroller like Super Metroid, then I might be a little interested), or Star Fox. I'm really doubting it'll be a new IP though.

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

Ganondwarf

137. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

138. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

At least "dudebro" isn't as mean-sounding as "meathead" which I've read some describe Spike gamers.

I'm not a fan of calling certain gamers names, but denying that there's these really "hardcore" gamers who are truly tough on Nintendo's standards is akin to putting the head in the sand.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Yoshifan523

139. Posted:

maybe Nintendo will show their first trailer for steeldiver for Wii u?
we are nearing early 2014, it's intended release date.

Yoshifan523

Nintendo Network ID: food2go523

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

140. Posted:

DarkwingLz wrote:

You mean the one they confirmed was only a tech demo?

When?

I haven't seen or heard any news of it since the "The history of Pokemon" trailer tease. Either way, they have something for WIiU in development. Otherwise they wouldn't need a tech demonstration. (Though it seems very weird to me that they'd show it as a tease in the end of that trailer if wasn't anything special)..

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92