Forums

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Posts 101 to 120 of 309

RR529
  • Maybe a Smash trailer (Snake announcement?)
  • Maybe an X or Bayonetta 2 trailer

EDIT: If they're going to show something completely new (on the off chance), I would think F-Zero. It seems like something that would grab that event's audience, and it probably would be easier to whip something up for it, than an epic like Zelda or Metroid.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

DarkwingLz wrote:

Ocarina was realistically mature? Wut?

I'm pretty sure you lose the right to even pretend you know what the word mature means if you mention those games and don't mention Majora's Mask

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

I'm almost positive that its a trailer for Bayonetta 2, Monolith's X and something incredibly random. The VGX would not let Nintendo announce something... "lackluster to dudebro gamers" on their show. They would tell Nintendo to do that in a Nintendo Direct.
Nintendo would win VGX is they showed just a screenshot of a game like Metroid or Star Fox in development.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

kyuubikid213 wrote:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/you-heard-it-here-first-zel...
Has anyone seen this link yet? This guy seems convinced that we'll see where Zelda U is currently at.

@kyuubikid213 Man.. .if Nintendo showed a trailer or a screenshot for Legend of Zelda: Wii U then Reggie said, "We will show more details at E3 2014.".... I would cry with joy.

Master of the Hype Train

Rezalack

God, I hope that's not true. Nintendo needs to show something that hasn't been announced yet. Not stuff we already know about.. besides, why do people want Reggie as a playable character so much? Or a Mii for that matter? That's pretty much the lamest character choice they could ever do.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Blast

Lol look guys... If Nintendo were announce Reggie as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. THEN NINTENDO WOULD DO IT IN A NINTENDO DIRECT!!!! The VGX is silly, over the top, and a dudebro fest. I really can't see the guys behind VGX allowing Reggie to announce himself a fighter in Super Smash Bros. on their show. THE DUDEBRO GUYS AT VGX WOULDN'T CARE SO THEY WOULDN'T WANT IT ON THEIR SHOW.

Master of the Hype Train

Gamecubed

I don't want to get too hyped and then have my dreams crushed. I feel like this would be a good venue to at least show a trailer or something for Zelda U. I can't help but think back to the Twilight Princess reveal at E3 all those years ago and the reaction of the crowd. The roof would be blown off of the place if they showed a trailer.

Nintendo has never really participated in the VGAs before, so why now? They were going to show Zelda at E3 2013, but they didn't feel it was ready... and Aonuma was going to show something at comic con, but felt it was important to focus on ALBTW. So it's probably ready to be shown to the public, they just need a chance and this is a good place to do that and revive some sort of faith and interest in the Wii U. "You'll see more at E3 2014" sounds good to me as well.

EDIT: I also agree with Blastoise-San... the guys running VGX probably wouldn't allow them to show something like a handful of characters for Smash. People want Reggie to be a character in the game!? HA! Wii-Fit Trainer is all you need to get your body ready.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

kyuubikid213

For a "dudebro" event, as I suppose the term is, I think Nintendo would probably refrain from showing X. Graphically, it makes sense, but JRPGs aren't very "dudebro." Something more along the lines of Bayonetta, a Metroid game to compete with the upcoming Halo and already released Killzone, Zelda U (if it had an art style along the lines of Twilight Princess), or maybe a completely new IP that fills the "dudebro" status would be something Nintendo would show.

Personally, I don't want to see Smash 4, Mario, or Donkey Kong. Something we haven't seen much of would excite me.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

I assume this would be what most people want to be repeated.

This is what I want the most, but I know it's very unlikely.

I get goosebumps whenever I see this. All the cheering. And the people running back to their seats at the beginning, too. Haha.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Blast

kyuubikid213 wrote:

For a "dudebro" event, as I suppose the term is, I think Nintendo would probably refrain from showing X. Graphically, it makes sense, but JRPGs aren't very "dudebro." Something more along the lines of Bayonetta, a Metroid game to compete with the upcoming Halo and already released Killzone, Zelda U (if it had an art style along the lines of Twilight Princess), or maybe a completely new IP that fills the "dudebro" status would be something Nintendo would show.

Personally, I don't want to see Smash 4, Mario, or Donkey Kong. Something we haven't seen much of would excite me.

@kyuubikid213 While Monolith's X isn't really dudebro material... its still a game worthy of being shown at VGX. Compare ANY next gen game to Monolith's X and Monolith's X automatically wins. A game like Monolith's X needs to extend out of Nintendo Direct and into VGX.

Master of the Hype Train

kyuubikid213

@Blastoise-san
I agree that it is a great looking game and needs to be pushed out to the public, but I don't think VGX is the place to do it.
Right now, people that are looking down on the system have to see a game that shows how much of a threat Nintendo poses with a different controller and an HD capable console. X would be the absolute PERFECT game to do this with except... I don't know of many people that would associate X with Nintendo. Gamers that know of Xenoblade's existence will definitley pinpoint that, but I think something more identifiable as a Nintendo game would be best. So, allow me to rescind a part of my prior post and say that Bayonetta wouldn't work either simply because it's Bayonetta, a franchise also not associated with Nintendo.

I know I don't make sense a lot of the time, so here's a short version...

Nintendo needs to show up with something that screams "Nintendo" at VGX that also impresses dudebro PSBOXPC gamers.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Ganondwarf

The Legend of Zelda: Game of thrones.

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

Blast

@kyuubikid213 A trailer for Bayoneta 2 at VGX is vital. Go on Youtube and try to look up a trailer for Bayonetta 2 then scroll to the comments. You know what would you see? "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Wii U?! NOT FAIR!!!". Its just jealous and butthurt Sony and Microsoft gamers screaming about Bayonetta 2 being exclusive to Wii U. So Nintendo needs to thump its chest and yell at those dudebro gamers during VGX and say. "HEY! BAYONETTA 2 IS EXCLUSIVE TO WII U! Check out this awesome trailer! You want the game???? BUY A WII U!".

A trailer for Monolith's X would make X more known and mainstream which could generate more sales and hype.

Master of the Hype Train

the_shpydar

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Snagrio

This is actually the one time where Mario/Kart, DK, X, Bayonetta, and possibly even Smash aren't the exact answer Nintendo needs. They have to show Zelda. It's been held off twice already, and this is a better time then ever to proceed with the official unveiling, especially since this will be their first time participating in the event.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blast

the_shpydar wrote:

Ugh. May I request that the next person who climbs up on their high-horse and uses the ridiculously stupid term "dudebro" immediately gets a lifetime ban from this site?

@the_shpydar ... What? What's your problem? Are you honestly gonna tell me that "dudebro" gamers don't exist?! What else do we call gamers that only play games that are "mature"? What else do we call gamers that consider Fifa and Call of Duty to be the best gaming franchises in the world? What else do we call gamers that are bored by something like Super Mario 3D World but relish a violent game?! C'mon, man. I'm not sitting on a high-horse when I say "dudebro". I'm being freaking realistic about how the gaming industry is changing!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.