Forums

Topic: Predict the launch months of upcoming 2015 Wii U games

Posts 61 to 65 of 65

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Query: Will Pokken Tournament make a NA Wii U release in 2015?

It hasn't even been comfirmed for Wii U yet and wont get a release (if it does) before the arcade version which is slated for 2015.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I really hope Xenoblade comes out earlier in the year, I don't want to play it and Zelda at the same time.

I'm with ya, I can get burned out when I do too much exploration. I remember I played SteamWorld Dig, Pokemon Y, and Xenoblade all back to back. I really needed a break after that.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Setery

Zelda wii u is late march early may (psst walmart screwed up go check it out for yourself)

Setery

skywake

Just repeating given that people are still putting Devil's third as a late 2015 release. These are the "Nintendo" games not out in Australia that have an age rating:

• Code Name: Steam
  • Captain Toad
  • Majora's Mask 3D
  • Devil's Third

I think it would be very odd if any of those games were late 2015 titles. Looking at the time it takes from classification to release it's sometimes as little as a month, usually a couple of months and rarely upto around 6months. I doubt that Devil's Third will be out after around June given it got a rating last week. Based on the fact that they already have an age rating? Those four games are the bulk of January to May with, I would assume, Splatoon landing in around June-ish.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

Csaw wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Csaw wrote:

@iKhan the Tales games are far more popular in the US then Xenoblade is. Considering they have yet to show any gameplay footage that has been translated, and considering just how big Xenoblade is and the new game promising to be MUCH bigger, I doubt they'll be able to translate it in time. Plus like @kkslider5552000 said, releasing it anywhere near Zelda would be a terrible idea. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Xenoblade+Chronicles

On a limited release, XC sold .41 units in the US and .24 in Europe.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Tales

The best selling Tales game in the west, Symphonia, sold .54 units in the US and .21 units in Europe. That's a difference of 100,000 units, and Xenoblade was on a limited release at the end of the Wii's life cycle. (Not that I'm trying to bash either. Symphonia is my favorite game of all time, and Xenoblade is high up on that list too)

Additionally, Namco doesn't have anywhere close to the localization resources Nintendo has. Even beyond that, Tales has A LOT of dialogue (consider every cutscene, NPC interaction, skit, and battle cry) , and Zestiria seems to be attempting to have a pretty open world. So the difference in what needs to be translated likely isn't that different.

I don't see them releasing it after September. But 2 months between that and Zelda is a long time.

Xenoblade was also released on Nintendo's best selling console with a huge fan movement called Operation Rainfall. It also released with no competition from other games.
All you have to do is look at some of Nintendo's more unconventional game releases like W101 and Bayo2 and you have a pretty good idea of how this game is going to sell. Believe me I want this game to sell, I want them to keep making more games in the franchise. But there's just no way its going to sell well unless it gets a huge marketing push from Nintendo. And since its not going to sell well its probably not going to be as high up on Nintendo's priority list for 2015 as a lot of other games.

There was a huge fan movement yes. And as a result the game is in ridiculously high demand and low supply. If you only print a certain number of copies of a game, then that's all it's gonna sell. W101 is a really hard game to explain in a short pitch, and Bayonetta 2 is a mature game on a Nintendo system, something that never does well.

But how XCX is gonna sell is irrelevant to my point. I'm just saying that if Namco can localize ToZ in half a year, Nintendo sure as hell can localize XCX in half a year.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.