RobSkillzz

Jan -
Feb - Kirby
Mar - Mario Maker
Apr - Yoshi
May - Splatoon
June - Mario vs DK U
July -
August - Project Guard/Giant Robot(either here or maybe Sep/Oct)
September - Xenoblade( I have a feeling this could possibly be a first half of the year release also)
October- Star Fox
November - Legend of Zelda and Mario Party 10( I see this being and good holiday release title)
December - Devil's Third

Edited on by RobSkillzz

RobSkillzz

3DS Friend Code: 4613-8228-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: RobSkillzz

Haru17

There's no way Zelda isn't in November, like, no way.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Csaw

Jan- nothing (in NA at least)
Feb- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mar/Apr- Yoshi's Wooly World
May- Splatoon
Jun- Mario Party 10
Jul- Mario Maker
Aug- nothing that I can think of (maybe Pokken?)
Sep- Devil's Third
Oct- Starfox
Nov- Zelda U
Dec- nothing

Iwata didn't sound all that confident that Xenoblade Chronicles X would release in 2015, so I'm guessing that will be pushed back to 2016 for the west.

Csaw

kkslider5552000

Csaw wrote:

Iwata didn't sound all that confident that Xenoblade Chronicles X would release in 2015, so I'm guessing that will be pushed back to 2016 for the west.

This would still be vastly better than releasing it anywhere near Zelda.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Predicting release dates and metascores:

January: ---
Feb: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse- 78
Early March: Mario & Donkey Kong- 76
Late March: Yoshi's Woolly World- 88
April: Mario Maker- 86
May: Splatoon- 85
June: Mario Party 10- 68
July: Project Giant Robot- 73
August: ---
September: Xenoblade Chronicles X- 93
October: Devil's Third- 85, Project Guard- 83
Early November: Star Fox U Episode 1- 87
Late November: Zelda Wii U- 95

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

iKhan wrote:

Star Fox episode 1?Who's making it telltales games?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Csaw wrote:

It's launching in Spring in Japan. If Tales of Zestiria (a mid budget game whose heaviest audience is in Japan) can be localized in half a year, I'm damn sure they can localize XCX in at least the same time if not quicker.

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Star Fox episode 1?Who's making telltales games?

Miyamoto said they are considering an episodic release.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

Pokken Fighters and Animal Crossing U should be officially announced at E3. I bet they will be the Wii U's first 2016 games.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

iKhan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Csaw wrote:

It's launching in Spring in Japan. If Tales of Zestiria (a mid budget game whose heaviest audience is in Japan) can be localized in half a year, I'm damn sure they can localize XCX in at least the same time if not quicker.

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

He did?Woah i did not know that!Well if they are making it like that,then the game must really be story driven!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Csaw

@iKhan the Tales games are far more popular in the US then Xenoblade is. Considering they have yet to show any gameplay footage that has been translated, and considering just how big Xenoblade is and the new game promising to be MUCH bigger, I doubt they'll be able to translate it in time. Plus like @kkslider5552000 said, releasing it anywhere near Zelda would be a terrible idea. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Csaw

iKhan

Csaw wrote:

@iKhan the Tales games are far more popular in the US then Xenoblade is. Considering they have yet to show any gameplay footage that has been translated, and considering just how big Xenoblade is and the new game promising to be MUCH bigger, I doubt they'll be able to translate it in time. Plus like @kkslider5552000 said, releasing it anywhere near Zelda would be a terrible idea. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Xenoblade+Chronicles

On a limited release, XC sold .41 units in the US and .24 in Europe.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Tales

The best selling Tales game in the west, Symphonia, sold .54 units in the US and .21 units in Europe. That's a difference of 100,000 units, and Xenoblade was on a limited release at the end of the Wii's life cycle. (Not that I'm trying to bash either. Symphonia is my favorite game of all time, and Xenoblade is high up on that list too)

Additionally, Namco doesn't have anywhere close to the localization resources Nintendo has. Even beyond that, Tales has A LOT of dialogue (consider every cutscene, NPC interaction, skit, and battle cry) , and Zestiria seems to be attempting to have a pretty open world. So the difference in what needs to be translated likely isn't that different.

I don't see them releasing it after September. But 2 months between that and Zelda is a long time.

Edited on by iKhan

TromboneGamer

UGXwolf wrote:

cookiex wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm preeeeeetty sure they said Devil's Third was supposed to be out this year. I know that anything can happen, but it looked pretty well playable at E3. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of polish needed, at this point.

Given the state it was in at E3 and the fact that they switched engines just recently, it's going to need a lot of polish.

The state it was in? It looked pretty good to me. I mean, I don't expect the top quality or anything, but it didn't look like it was gonna need that much work.

Edit: Okay so they switched engines 3 times but doubt they've switched "recently"

OP: Not that I'd expect everyone to keep up with the game but they never switched engines. However they've probably been working on improving the visuals more than anything since that seems to have been the main complaint since its E3 showing and having had the ground work finished for who knows how long. In fact, they never said anything about launching it this year. Nintendo wouldn't just let a big title like that go months without a release date just to have it launch out of nowhere in the middle of December. I think there's a good chance it'll be out before May though and if not, I'd guess it would be out shortly after Q2 as to not compete directly with Splatoon.

Edited on by TromboneGamer

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Haru17

November 2015 is Halo vs Uncharted vs Zelda, the planets will align, the weak will suffer, and the land will be wracked with the power of their conflict. Seriously I'm so pumped to buy a Wii U for Zelda and finally play Pikmin, 3D World, etc.

Octane

iKhan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I always thought he was talking about Project Giant Robot and Project Guard when he said that. Two smaller games, set in the same universe as Star Fox, that precede it.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Csaw

iKhan wrote:

Csaw wrote:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Xenoblade+Chronicles

On a limited release, XC sold .41 units in the US and .24 in Europe.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Tales

The best selling Tales game in the west, Symphonia, sold .54 units in the US and .21 units in Europe. That's a difference of 100,000 units, and Xenoblade was on a limited release at the end of the Wii's life cycle. (Not that I'm trying to bash either. Symphonia is my favorite game of all time, and Xenoblade is high up on that list too)

Additionally, Namco doesn't have anywhere close to the localization resources Nintendo has. Even beyond that, Tales has A LOT of dialogue (consider every cutscene, NPC interaction, skit, and battle cry) , and Zestiria seems to be attempting to have a pretty open world. So the difference in what needs to be translated likely isn't that different.

I don't see them releasing it after September. But 2 months between that and Zelda is a long time.

Xenoblade was also released on Nintendo's best selling console with a huge fan movement called Operation Rainfall. It also released with no competition from other games.
All you have to do is look at some of Nintendo's more unconventional game releases like W101 and Bayo2 and you have a pretty good idea of how this game is going to sell. Believe me I want this game to sell, I want them to keep making more games in the franchise. But there's just no way its going to sell well unless it gets a huge marketing push from Nintendo. And since its not going to sell well its probably not going to be as high up on Nintendo's priority list for 2015 as a lot of other games.

Edited on by Csaw

Csaw

Grumblevolcano

My predictions (for Europe release)
Jan: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Feb: Mario Maker
Mar: Yoshi's Woolly World
Apr: Mario Party 10
May: Splatoon
Jun: Project Giant Robot
Jul: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
Aug: Project Guard
September: Star Fox Wii U
October: Devil's Third
November: Zelda Wii U
December: ---

Delayed to 2016: Xenoblade Chronicles X
Cancelled: Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

I really hope Yoshi is Q1 as it's the game I'm looking forward to the most out of the confirmed games so far.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

From what I can tell Code Name: Steam, Majora's Mask 3D, Captain Toad and Devil's Third are the only games that actually have an age rating from the Australian classification board. Captain Toad from memory is supposed to be out around Feb here and I think we can fairly safely assume Majora's Mask will be equally as early in the year. A similar deal with Splatoon which was supposed to be in the first half of the year.

So before E3:
Captain Toad, Devil's Third, Splatoon, Mario Party 10

Post E3:
Mario Maker, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Giant Robot/Guard thing

Holiday:
Zelda U, Xenoblade and maybe a surprise announcement or two

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RedYoshi999

Jan: Captain Toad (AU release Jan 3)
Feb: Kirby (US release)
Mar: Mario Maker
Apr: Yoshi's Wooly World
May: Nothing
Jun: Splatoon
July: Mario Party 10, Kirby (AU release)
Aug: Devil's Third
Sep: Xenoblade
Oct: Star Fox
Nov: Zelda
Dec: Nothing

I thought Mario and DK was an eShop game though? I also don't think Project Guard/Robot will arrive in any way resembling their original form.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

WebHead

Revised US prediction:
-January: Nothing.
-February: Kirby
-March: Mario Maker
-April: Yoshi
-May: Splatoon
-June: Mario vs DK
-July: Devil's Third
-August: Mario Party 10
-September: XCX
-October: Project Guard and Star Fox
-November: Project Giant Robot and Zelda
-December: Nothing

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Haru17

Query: Will Pokken Tournament make a NA Wii U release in 2015?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.