Forums

Topic: Predict the launch months of upcoming 2015 Wii U games

Posts 1 to 20 of 65

MrGawain

I've noticed there hasn't been a discussion on this, so I thought I'd make one. Assuming all the games announced at E3 for 2015 are released next year, assign them a month from January to December. as a reminder the games are:

Devil's Third
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Legend of Zelda
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Starfox
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World

My guess would be:

Jan: No game
Feb: Yoshi (to tie in with the Amiibo's)
Mar: Xenoblade (which will need 3 odd months to be localised from Japan)
April: Mario Maker (said to be early 2015)
May: Splatoon (said to be a first half of 2015 game)
Jun: Kirby (needs to be a distance away from Yoshi)
July: No game
August: No game
September: Devil's Own (September being a 2nd party release zone with 101 and Hyrule)
October: No game (or an unannounced game/Pokken fighters?)
November: Zelda (last week in November in the big Christmas game spot)
December: Starfox (first week in December lesser Christmas game spot)

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

UGXwolf

I'm preeeeeetty sure they said Devil's Third was supposed to be out this year. I know that anything can happen, but it looked pretty well playable at E3. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of polish needed, at this point. Aside from that:

Jan: No game
Feb: Mario Party 10
March: Yoshi's Woolly World
April: Mario Maker
May: Kirby Rainbow Curse
June: No game
July: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Japan release only)
August: Splatoon (I honestly would put this in July with Xenoblade due to the Summery feel of the water guns.)
September: See E3 2015 (Predicting Animal Crossing U, but that may be a Japanese release only and we may not get it until Spring 2016)
October: See E3 2015
November: The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
December: No game

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

BenAV

@MrGawain I was thinking about the same as you with Splatoon being around May and Zelda being around November.
I definitely expect Xenoblade Chronicles X to be quite a bit later on than that though, maybe around September.

As far as the rest goes, I don't really care enough to speculate.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

cookiex

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm preeeeeetty sure they said Devil's Third was supposed to be out this year. I know that anything can happen, but it looked pretty well playable at E3. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of polish needed, at this point.

Given the state it was in at E3 and the fact that they switched engines just recently, it's going to need a lot of polish.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

UGXwolf

cookiex wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm preeeeeetty sure they said Devil's Third was supposed to be out this year. I know that anything can happen, but it looked pretty well playable at E3. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of polish needed, at this point.

Given the state it was in at E3 and the fact that they switched engines just recently, it's going to need a lot of polish.

The state it was in? It looked pretty good to me. I mean, I don't expect the top quality or anything, but it didn't look like it was gonna need that much work.

CrazyOtto

You forgot Mario Party 10

JANUARY: Nothing already announced
FEBRUARY: Mario Party 10
MARCH: Yoshi's Wooly World and Splatoon
APRIL: Mario Maker
MAY: Xenoblade Chronicles X (NA release, we'll get it after Japan)
JUNE: Nothing already announced
JULY: Nothing already announced
AUGUST: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (This looked very early in development)
SEPTEMBER: Nothing new already announced
OCTOBER: Devil's Third
NOVEMBER: The new Legend of Zelda
DECEMBER: Nothing already announced

I'm not sure if Star Fox will be 2015 or 2016.

EDIT: I didn't think Zelda U was 2015 but it actually is.

EDIT 2: Switched Mario Party 10 and Mario Maker

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

unrandomsam

I think Zelda will end up pushed back to 2016.

Lots of the other stuff that is currently supposed to be early 2015 will end up getting pushed back to late 2015.

They never stick to what they say. (The Smash Bros direct said Summer for the 3DS Smash Bros.)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

UGXwolf

unrandomsam wrote:

I think Zelda will end up pushed back to 2016.

Lots of the other stuff that is currently supposed to be early 2015 will end up getting pushed back to late 2015.

They never stick to what they say. (The Smash Bros direct said Summer for the 3DS Smash Bros.)

They actually do stick to what they say fairly often. It's only when they have other issues or a better set-up. DKCTF was moved back to cover the early 2014 gap. Smash 3DS needed more time for testing because of an unprecedented amount of bugs. 3D World was moved up to keep a hard-hitting Wii U title in the Black Friday seat. I can't see anything they'd benefit from from pushing Zelda back, at this point, and because of how little we've seen, I find it more likely that they just didn't want to show too much than that they didn't have much to show. Keep in mind, November is over 16 months away and Zelda has been in development since AT LEAST 2011.

unrandomsam

If Zelda was further along they would have showed more of it.

Blast

unrandomsam wrote:

That's pretty bad logic, man. They only showed that little bit CUZ ITS A FREAKING TEASE. Sony only showed a little bit of Uncharted 4 and guess what? I'm pretty sure that game is coming out 2015!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

2015 should be great for us Wii U owners. I expect some great games to be remade in HD for Wii U and surprise announcements. We still haven't seen Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Pokken Fighters, Fatal Frame U, etc....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MrGawain

CrazyOtto wrote:

You forgot Mario Party 10

Good point, I was under the impression this was in for 2014, but it shows you how easy it is to miss certain games. I also thought Japan was getting Xenoblade in Dec 2014 or at least a Q4 release.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Datasun_7

@Blast that's a good point, I'm almost certain pokken fighters exists. I wonder when we see it. When you mention those games as well the exclusive line up looks phenomenal

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

unrandomsam

Blast wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

That's pretty bad logic, man. They only showed that little bit CUZ ITS A FREAKING TEASE. Sony only showed a little bit of Uncharted 4 and guess what? I'm pretty sure that game is coming out 2015!

Skyward Sword was originally announced for 2010 and released in 2011

Twilight Princess was announced for 2005 released in 2006.

Don't know about the original version of Windwaker but every other one has ended up being a year later than the first announced release date since then.

unrandomsam

Ocarina of Time was delayed from 1997 to 1998

IceClimbers

First off, I'm pretty sure Mario Maker and that new Mario vs Donkey Kong game are eShop titles. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. Splatoon is being targeted for the first half of 2015. Devil's Third needs lots of polish because of the engine switch as well as the platform switch.

My guess:

January: Nothing
February: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (they can easily hold this back to help flesh out the 2015 schedule; more people will complain about a Jan/Feb drought than a Dec/Jan drought)
March: Yoshi's Woolly World
April: Mario Party 10
May: Splatoon
June: Nothing
July: Devil's Third
August: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
September: Xenoblade Chronicles X
October: Star Fox
November: Zelda

That's not including SMT x FE, Fatal Frame V, Pokken Fighters, and any more unannounced games. Also not sure if Star Fox will release in 2015. They said that they are targeting a 2015 release, but we'll see if that happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Gamecubed

January - Nothing
February - Mario Maker
March - Yoshi's Woolly World
April - Mario Party 10
May - Splatoon
June - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
July - Nothing
August - Devil's Third
September - Star Fox
October - Xenoblade
November - Zelda
December - Nothing

Gamecubed

WebHead

Jan-No game
Feb-Yoshi's Woolly World
Mar-Mario Maker
Apr-Xenoblade Chronicles X
May-Splatoon
June-Mario vs DK U
July-No game
Aug-Mario Party 10
Sep-SMTxFE
Oct-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Nov-Zelda U

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

kkslider5552000

I really hope Xenoblade comes out earlier in the year, I don't want to play it and Zelda at the same time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.