Wii U Forum

Topic: Post VGX Awards

Showing 1 to 20 of 52

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegoNintendo12

1. Posted:

Apparently it was DK:TP. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think people over hyped, or do you think showing off cranky kong was a missed opportunity?

LegoNintendo12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wolfgabe

2. Posted:

I say people got way too over hyped I admit I saw this coming a mile away although that Amazon box art leak was a pretty dead give away. A new Zelda would have been nice but an awards show isn't really the place for those sort of reveals. People say DK was a terrible choice but I would disagree. DKC is considered more core oriented than Mario usually due to its higher challenge

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegoNintendo12

3. Posted:

@Wolfgabe Yeah, even though we didn't see Zelda, it just means E3 is gonna be more of a surprise :D

LegoNintendo12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

2Sang

4. Posted:

It'll be a decent game, but certainly no system seller, which is what nintendo needs now. If SM3DW couldn't move consoles, nothing will.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegoNintendo12

5. Posted:

@2Sang Yeah it'l be a good game, I do think that 2014 will be a better year for Wii U though.

LegoNintendo12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

6. Posted:

I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement. I will always assume the worst for now on.
When I saw DK U being shown.... my jaw dropped and I let out a soundless scream.... of ANGER.
IT WAS THAT BAD.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

7. Posted:

Reggie should do something to make up for it. I hope he was listening to what Geoff was saying because he wasn't lying. Nintendo did miss this opportunity. I mean, I get it, Nintendo wanted to build up hype for DKC:TF because that's their next big game, but this show is being live-streamed and televised. It's getting a lot of exposure. DKC:TF is not what is going to convince people who currently do not have a Wii U into buying a Wii U and that's exactly what Nintendo needs to be doing right now.

@Blastoise-san lol. Yeah. Don't ever get your hopes up. I learned that lesson from Nintendo a long time ago.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegoNintendo12

8. Posted:

@DudeSean Yeah maybe Nintendo can host another Nintendo Direct :D

LegoNintendo12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wolfgabe

9. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement. I will always assume the worst for now on.
When I saw DK U being shown.... my jaw dropped and I let out a soundless scream.... of ANGER.
IT WAS THAT BAD.

Its your own fault for your disappointment. VGX is a complete joke. Did you really think that Nintendo would reveal something as big as Zelda at what is mainly a crappy awards show. It couldn't have been Bayonetta or Smash Bros because Sakurai and Kamiya would have to be there respectively. This is why I usually tend to stay away from hype trains in the first place

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegoNintendo12

10. Posted:

@Wolfgabe 100% agree, as soon as I started watching it from the first time, I knew this was trash. So unprofessional and the hosts were annoying. I am glad Zelda wasn't revealed, I feel it would hurt the game.

LegoNintendo12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

11. Posted:

LegoNintendo12 wrote:

@DudeSean Yeah maybe Nintendo can host another Nintendo Direct :D

Well, obviously there will be more Nintendo Directs. But the Nintendo Directs don't have as big an audience as this "crappy awards show."

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintendo6400

12. Posted:

I was really quite disappointed but I figured that would be the game they show. Really disappointed with this whole thing so far.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

13. Posted:

From what I've read, everything about that show was stupid

Glad I didn't bother actually watching it

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

14. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

From what I've read, everything about that show was stupid

Glad I didn't bother actually watching it

This, plus the awards they did announce were predictable, while most of the ones they didn't announce were ones I'd rather know about.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

15. Posted:

At first I thought it was a missed opportunity but after seeing the whole show I am glad they didn't waste anything new or surprising. I am excited about Cranky Kong personally. I also look forward to the next Nintendo Direct

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintendoDesire

16. Posted:

Like most, I was also expecting more but even with the announcement of Cranky Kong they should've made it more clear. Is it gonna be a unlockable character towards the end of the game, like Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World? Because it seems to me like the cane is a huge advantage. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also on YouTube: youtube.com/NintendoDesire

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3792-1368

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

17. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement. I will always assume the worst for now on.
When I saw DK U being shown.... my jaw dropped and I let out a soundless scream.... of ANGER.
IT WAS THAT BAD.

I disagree.

It was Geoffrey who overhyped the crap out of this announcement, and he's done it before. How about never hyping for a Geoffrey-related announcement again?

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegoNintendo12

18. Posted:

@DefHalan I felt the same way, I cant wait for the next Nintendo Direct Either

LegoNintendo12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PuzzleMaster7

19. Posted:

The only acceptable reaction to VGX:

Untitled

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!
Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

20. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement. I will always assume the worst for now on.
When I saw DK U being shown.... my jaw dropped and I let out a soundless scream.... of ANGER.
IT WAS THAT BAD.

Maybe you just shouldn't get caught in the waves of hype you've subjected yourself to in the first place? And good, if you're pessimistic, you'll only get pleasantly surprised by everything, and you'll never have to do a quiet scream of rage again.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u