Wii U Forum

Topic: Pokemon uses NFC

Showing 1 to 20 of 30

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sandstorm64

1. Posted:

I was looking at Serebii just now and some news has come in about Pokémon Rumble U. It's going to use NFC by having figures for each Pokémon with the figures being trainable and you are able to record battle information on them. So far this game is only confirmed for Japan but if it were released outside of Japan would you be interested in it?

Sandstorm64

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0644-1279 | Nintendo Network ID: Starman64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Late

2. Posted:

If I can still get Pokémon through normal means then I don't have anything against it. In previous Rumble games you weren't able to train your toy Pokémon so I hope you can still get non-trainable like in previous games and if you really want to have a Pokémon you can train then you may buy a figure. And the figures aren't going to be as expensive as figures for other games (Skylanders and Disney Infinity). 200¥ (1,5€/$2) for one figure isn't that bad unless you want them all. By the way, Serebii didn't actually say there's a figure for each Pokémon. I don't think they'll make 649 different figures just to be used in one game (at least for now).

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

3. Posted:

Better. Better than Activision or Disney. $2 a figure is way more affordable to $10. And hopefully it won't require figures anyways but this is still more realistic. Also, I'm really glad Nintendo is choosing a spinoff series to do this instead of forcing the next main entry of Pokemon to require us to pour money into it.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

4. Posted:

Gotta Buy 'em All
Pokemon Rumble already has similarities to Skylanders. Gameplay, story, they even have types.
I'm glad to see that you are able to train them. And that it isn't too much of a burden to your wallet. I think I'll buy it, as long as these NFC toys are sold within driving distance.
The game might be a system seller, if advertised well.

Edited on by Birthday_Boy

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

5. Posted:

No word yet on how these will be sold. Might even be lucky dip, $2 for a pokeball with a random figurine, some rarer than others? I mean, no store can realistically stock all the different figurines, and of course many people would trade duplicates. Either way, it's not even been confirmed yet for the US (from what I understand). I still like this idea more than $10 a figurine, though at $2 it can get easy to keep buying a few more...

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

6. Posted:

That means I can finally easily buy figures of some of my favorite Pokemon. Heck yes I want this! I really wish they were posable but whatever. I'll just buy my favorites. I'm sure they NFC figures are optional and you can still get Pokemon in game. I'm glad they're doing this with a spin-off.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

7. Posted:

I hope the game is a free download and we just have to buy the figures.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuardianKing

8. Posted:

The way this is introduced is like if Mystery Gifts were replaced with little store figurines.

As long as the core gameplay doesn't require these for progression, then I gladly approve of this.

If they sold all figurines NFC compatible and made the trading cards AR-compatible, then my wallet would end up dead.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Late

9. Posted:

This video confirms that the figures aren't the only way to obtain Pokémon. You can still get them through the same way as in other Rumble games but you now have an option to buy a figure which can hold your battle information and are trainable. I can't believe how many thought that you must buy all the figures to obtain all the Pokémon. This information should be a relief to some although there's still a possibility of some Pokémon being only available through figures

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SteveW

10. Posted:

I love Skylanders and Pokemon but this is not going to work, if this were a real Pokemon game then sure, I would definitely be sucked into the whole idea, but this is going to be another lame console effort that they have been giving us for years, and it's not going to be worth buying figures for... I just do not understand why they can't deliver a real Pokemon RPG like they do with on the handhelds.

SteveW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

11. Posted:

Pokemon games were made to be portable, and they are going to stay that way. The X & Y versions are looking pretty good, and those games are just as good if not better than a console's IMO. 3D, wireless, portability, etc. functions the 3DS have are ideal for a game like Pokemon, considering the games main appeal and intentions. The console games are pretty much just a different take on the main series, by allowing actual real time combat and things not found in the main series.

You won't HAVE to buy these figures, they are extra little perks you can advantage of if you want to.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

12. Posted:

I was really hoping the figures wouldn't be in the stupid Rumble style. Still looking forward to this though. It has multiplayer right?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SteveW

13. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Pokemon games were made to be portable, and they are going to stay that way. The X & Y versions are looking pretty good, and those games are just as good if not better than a console's IMO. 3D, wireless, portability, etc. functions the 3DS have are ideal for a game like Pokemon, considering the games main appeal and intentions. The console games are pretty much just a different take on the main series, by allowing actual real time combat and things not found in the main series.

You won't HAVE to buy these figures, they are extra little perks you can advantage of if you want to.

I heard that all the time about them being portable but I don't understand that logic, how is it any different than games like Earthbound? and are any games made for consoles that are considered just console games and not released as portable? I don't think so.

Also, I know I won't have to buy the figures, thats not the problem, the problem is that the game looks horrible.

Edited on by SteveW

SteveW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

14. Posted:

SteveW wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Pokemon games were made to be portable, and they are going to stay that way. The X & Y versions are looking pretty good, and those games are just as good if not better than a console's IMO. 3D, wireless, portability, etc. functions the 3DS have are ideal for a game like Pokemon, considering the games main appeal and intentions. The console games are pretty much just a different take on the main series, by allowing actual real time combat and things not found in the main series.

You won't HAVE to buy these figures, they are extra little perks you can advantage of if you want to.

I heard that all the time about them being portable but I don't understand that logic, how is it any different than games like Earthbound? and are any games made for consoles that are considered just console games and not released as portable? I don't think so.

I'd much rather quickly turn on my 3DS to train just for a few moments and it's easier to take the system over to a friend's house or anywhere and just battle.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SteveW

15. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

SteveW wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Pokemon games were made to be portable, and they are going to stay that way. The X & Y versions are looking pretty good, and those games are just as good if not better than a console's IMO. 3D, wireless, portability, etc. functions the 3DS have are ideal for a game like Pokemon, considering the games main appeal and intentions. The console games are pretty much just a different take on the main series, by allowing actual real time combat and things not found in the main series.

You won't HAVE to buy these figures, they are extra little perks you can advantage of if you want to.

I heard that all the time about them being portable but I don't understand that logic, how is it any different than games like Earthbound? and are any games made for consoles that are considered just console games and not released as portable? I don't think so.

I'd much rather quickly turn on my 3DS to train just for a few moments and it's easier to take the system over to a friend's house or anywhere and just battle.

How about online? you wouldn't have to take your Wii U anywhere. Most other game series are on both portable and comsole, there is no excuse for this.

SteveW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

16. Posted:

It's way more flexible and versatile to have it on 3DS, that's really all there is to it. 3DS is basically a console in your hands, so I would consider X & Y console games in a way even so.
We are getting a console Pokemon in other words. It's just on a handheld.

EDIT: BTW @SteveW. What games are you talking about that are on both?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SteveW

17. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

It's way more flexible and versatile to have it on 3DS, that's really all there is to it. 3DS is basically a console in your hands, so I would consider X & Y console games in a way even so.
We are getting a console Pokemon in other words. It's just on a handheld.

EDIT: BTW @SteveW. What games are you talking about that are on both?

Monster Hunter 3 will be on both, Final Fantasy games are on both, etc... Nintendo is missing out on some real sales for the Wii U, a full blown Pokemon RPG would be sell millions...oh well... I can only hope that Nintendo eventually lets us play 3DS games on the Wii U. I have a 3DS but I rarely play it, I like playing games on my TV.

Edited on by SteveW

SteveW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

18. Posted:

To the conversation on whether main Pokemon titles should be brought to consoles, honestly most people who argue this are just going with the creators opinions and honestly it seems a bit stubborn. The series could definitely adapt to consoles easily, especially with the continually improving online infrastructure. Online in-game PCs could allow the same Pokemon to be used in both handheld and console titles, offering different features and worlds for both. The only thing I think that doesn't make sense there is the title "Pocket Monsters", but the name shouldn't get in the way of the series' evolution. waits for lame rim shot

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

19. Posted:

As an individual, I have argued Pokemon coming to consoles myself. It's a fact that I have wanted a console Pokemon game at least once. Handhelds are able to handle console graphics in SOME cases, at least when it comes to Nintendo.
We are seeing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate come to Wii U and 3DS. We are seeing essentially the same game on both platforms 1:1 minus online, which is a variable deciding which one to purchase if at all.
The difference is that there are 2 different kinds of Pokemon games being made, not 1 for 2. We are getting Pokemon X & Y along with these other versions of how Pokemon would play out from a different perspective. I would rather have 2 different perspectives than just 1.
This is exactly why I argue PS Vita's crossplay, because you are getting the same game for 2 different things, when they could have made 2 completely different Sly Cooper games and had them be interconnected in some way. They(Sony) are the exact same game vs. having 2 different games that connect with one another like Nintendo, like Pokemon Stadium or Battle Revolution. They are designed to be different games that are integrated in some way besides just porting a PS3 game to PS Vita.
In the end, Nintendo is going to choose Pokemon as a portable compared to a console. It works better that way.
There are no games present on both PS Vita as well as 3DS to be able to completely compare the 2 on fair ground.
The portable Pokemon games are becoming console quality while still retaining their portable advantages.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

20. Posted:

I kinda figured the first Nintendo NFC game would be Pokemon-related.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime