Forums

Topic: Please share with me all your Likes and Dislikes about the Wii U no matter how big or insignificant.

Posts 101 to 110 of 110

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

There are definitely industries in NA in which some bartering is normal, furniture shopping or hotel rooms, for example. Almost anywhere where there's an actual sales agent earning commission, you can haggle them a bit. It's their job and they get paid for being good at it.

I was more thinking of retail stores like Best Buy or similar places that deal in electronics. I've seen people get turned down at stores like that for even attempting to talk down the price. The best you'll get is a price match at customer service if you have legitimate proof that some other store has it available right then for a better price (and even then, some stores have limits as to what stores they'll price match, whether or not online counts, how big the difference is, etc.).

And yeah, stuff like getting a couple hundred shaved off the price of a TV is more what I heard. Thanks, Skywake.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

crimsoncavalier

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

skywake wrote:

@WiiUseeker2
Read the posts before you go accusing people of crap. Also there's no need to post so many small replies to your thread. All it's doing is bumping your threads up to the top and it doesn't add anything to the conversation. Between that and your snarky responses to anything anyone says that could even slightly be thought of as negative? Makes me not want to reply to any threads that have your name on it.

"stop replying to people!" "everything you say is probably bad!"

stop whining, nobody is forcing you to follow around a thread you don't like for several days in a row.

Dude, quit being a tool bag. Read before you respond, and if you don't understand what he's saying, ask for clarification. Seriously ...

Taceus wrote:

@skywake Living in rural North QLD keeps me isolated, so I'm not surprised if it's common in Perth, or any major city for that matter.
I've haggled for white goods but never tried for entertainment goods (necessity>luxury), I'll give it a go next time I upgrade my TV.

I'm sure there's a pretty big cultural divide, but I've definitely talked down prices on luxury goods. A few years ago I bought an LG television, and I talked the guy down a $100. I also got a deal on my iMac, because it was incorrectly labeled, although I don't think that's as much a barter and just a mistake on their part. However, going into a Game Stop and trying to haggle may be different than going into a Best Buy or a HH Gregg and trying to talk them down from $999 to $899.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Guovssohas
  • The gamepad is excellent, off tv play alone is a huge plus imo. It's also very comfortable to hold.
  • The best exclusive games.
  • Backwards compatible with Wii.
  • Virtual Console.
  • Web browser is pretty good.

con; Gamepad battery could have been better.

I've only had it for about a week or so, so far really happy with it. I can't really understand why it isn't doing better at the moment.

If you're on the fence with the Wii U, get it

Edited on by Guovssohas

Guovssohas

Dreamsleep

Guovssohas wrote:

• The gamepad is excellent, off tv play alone is a huge plus imo. It's also very comfortable to hold.
  • The best exclusive games.
  • Backwards compatible with Wii.
  • Virtual Console.

con; Gamepad battery could have been better.

I've only had it for about a week or so, so far really happy with it. I can't really understand why it isn't doing better at the moment.

If you're on the fence with the Wii U, get it

I agree with what you are saying. Off TV play isn't a huge deal for me, but it's nice to have when needed. And, it's not doing well, because of the Wii/WiiU name. It confused the huge amount of people who bought a Wii, and they saw absolutely no need to upgrade. Traditional gamers went with a PS4, and are only now buying WiiU's, now that the library has 3-4 games they love (most likely one of these: Mario Kart, Smash, 3D World, etc.).

It's a great console. It's got a lot of great games, and some nice classics. This year is really going to see the release of some legendary games (Xenoblade, Open World Zelda, Splatoon (which I think could have been the hit they needed at launch for the non-traditional crowd they had with the Wii, even though I'm not really interested in it).

And yeah, Virtual Console is huge. I hope they consolidate the stores somehow, they really need to solve that, and allow Gamepad play on VC games, as well. That would be awesome.

The only other annoying thing is that there has been no Gamecube VC games. I really do not get that, at all. Completely skipped....all we get is Wind Waker HD? I don't get it....

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

skywake

@Dreamsleep
The "VC" in general is pretty average, not just the fact that there are no GC or N64 games on it. Infact I'd go as far as saying that I'd be ok with the limited platforms there are on it if they were releasing more games. Even with the Wii games on it, they announced it out of the blue which was nice and we got a cool discount. But the first three have come out and now this week's update for Europe doesn't have another Wii game in it.

Surely they have the ability to push them out faster than they are. Even if they "haven't worked out" how to get N64/GC working (which I doubt particularly for N64) surely they can still expand the service. I mean even just scrolling through Metacritic's list of Wii games I can see a lot of first or second party Nintendo titles that I reckon would sell. Easily. If they wanted to release a Wii game every week for the rest of the year? I reckon they could even before having to get third parties involved. Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, Sin & Punishment, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, WarioWare, Wario Land, Rhythm Heaven, Metroid:Other M, Mario Strikers, Endless Ocean, Excite Truck etc, etc. But they won't, they're sitting on a goldmine and they won't.... and that's ridiculous.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MegaMari0

when downloading ANYTHING game wise, the whole thing becomes slow as molasses when attempting to multitask. Such as loading MK8 or Netflix. Surprisingly the browser loads without an issue. It closes slowly unfortunately. Long story short, it doesn't multitask well at all.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

crimsoncavalier

skywake wrote:

@Dreamsleep
The "VC" in general is pretty average, not just the fact that there are no GC or N64 games on it. Infact I'd go as far as saying that I'd be ok with the limited platforms there are on it if they were releasing more games. Even with the Wii games on it, they announced it out of the blue which was nice and we got a cool discount. But the first three have come out and now this week's update for Europe doesn't have another Wii game in it.

Surely they have the ability to push them out faster than they are. Even if they "haven't worked out" how to get N64/GC working (which I doubt particularly for N64) surely they can still expand the service. I mean even just scrolling through Metacritic's list of Wii games I can see a lot of first or second party Nintendo titles that I reckon would sell. Easily. If they wanted to release a Wii game every week for the rest of the year? I reckon they could even before having to get third parties involved. Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, Sin & Punishment, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, WarioWare, Wario Land, Rhythm Heaven, Metroid:Other M, Mario Strikers, Endless Ocean, Excite Truck etc, etc. But they won't, they're sitting on a goldmine and they won't.... and that's ridiculous.

Yeah, the Wii had a massive VC library, including non-Nintendo platforms. I don't get why that isn't a thing still.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

enderboy221

Pros: Gamepad is surprisingly comfortable
Most the games are amazing.
Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and Mario Kart 8.
Off TV play
Lots of indies
Upcoming lineup
Internet browser is ACTUALLY good.
Cons: Lack of any new Virtual Console additions. I really want DS games.
Wii backwards compatibility is a little too slow.
Gamepad is easily scratched.
Gamepad's battery is WAY too short.
For some reason it irritates me when I'm on the menu and accidentally press ZL or ZR and the menus will move.

enderboy221

jump

The good;
Off tv gamepad
best exclusive games
eshop

the bad;
3rd party games that don't also come to the wii u or pc
lack of DLC on 3rd party games that do come

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.