Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3, version 2.0.0

Posts 1 to 20 of 25

jariw

When I started Pikmin 3 right now, there was an update to 2.0.0. Does anyone know what's new in this update? I notice that the menus has a bit different graphics, and there was an in-game message about a change to how the GamePad is used, but I doubt that this is all.

jariw

Poki

I can't connect to the Nintendo Network now ... Anybody knows what exactly the update does? Version 2.0 sounds like a big one.

Poki

Octane

There was no mention at all, I guess it isn't that important, probably some bug fixes.

Octane

jariw

Octane wrote:

There was no mention at all, I guess it isn't that important, probably some bug fixes.

Pikmin 3 has got many updates in the past, some related to DLC, and some smaller additions to the campaign. The latest version before this was 1.4.0. I doubt that this is a bug fix release. I have played a bit now, and I see that the info on screen is more helpful than in previous versions.

jariw

unrandomsam

More product placements added I suspect.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Poki

unrandomsam wrote:

More product placements added I suspect.

I know Pikmin 2 had annoying product placement, but isn't Pikmin 3 almost free of it?

Poki

JoyBoy

Get to work guys! I want to see results!

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

SCRAPPER392

I'm not getting an update.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

jariw

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm in Europe, perhaps that's the difference? Perhaps this is an update that will be fully explained at E3.

jariw

SCRAPPER392

jariw wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm in Europe, perhaps that's the difference? Perhaps this is an update that will be fully explained at E3.

I got it now. I read this and booted it up, but nothing happened. It did the update the second time I booted it up.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Poki

Okay, so it added a "Touchpen mode" when playing with the gamepad. What it does is basically allowing you to aim with your finger on the touch screen rather than with the right stick. The advantage is that you now can run and aim in different directions at the same time (like with the Wiimote and Nunchuck), but I don't think it's that comfortable ... Maybe we just need to get used to it. (You can get back to the "old" control scheme in the + menu).

Edited on by Poki

Poki

JoyBoy

^ Oeh I'm going to check it out!

It works surprisingly well! I don't need the right stick anymore. With a bit of practice I will definitely choose this over gamepad classic style, maybe even over nunchuck style since I'll have the map close to me.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Poki

Damn, just realized why all the controls are re-mapped to be on the left side of the gamepad (which I found extremely annoying) - it's made for right-handers! For me as a left-hander, it's obviously not going to feel comfortable.

Poki

Octane

Little change for me then. I still think the Wii Remote is superior to the GamePad when it comes to Pikmin.

Octane

Poki

Octane wrote:

Little change for me then. I still think the Wii Remote is superior to the GamePad when it comes to Pikmin.

I plan to get a Wii Remote for my third play through. Seems like the perfect control scheme for Pikmin. Will need a third controller anyway now that Mario Kart 8 is pretty much here.

Poki

Octane

Poki wrote:

Octane wrote:

I plan to get a Wii Remote for my third play through. Seems like the perfect control scheme for Pikmin. Will need a third controller anyway now that Mario Kart 8 is pretty much here.

It is, it's easier to react quickly, and allows for a greater throw range. After I played the New Play Control! versions of the first two Pikmin games with a Wii Remote, the GameCube controller just felt really clumsy.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

afro_insomniac

Sweet update. Will have to try it out. Would be nice to have a more comfortable method of playing Pikmin 3 using only the gamepad instead of the Wiimote + nunchuck+gamepad.

Edited on by afro_insomniac

afro_insomniac

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.