Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3 not multiplayer co-op story mode :(

Showing 81 to 92 of 92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MasterWario

81. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

I'm not convinced of that assumption. No one at Nintendo has said this is why Pikmin 3 has been delayed, and the fact that all of Nintendo's Wii U games have been delayed so much is indicative of something bigger going on internally at Nintendo.

Speaking of assumptions...is this actually confirmed that there is no story mode co-op?

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

montauker

82. Posted:

@MasterWario I think there will be a co-op story mode since there are more captains.

Pikmin 3, Only type on wiiu.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

montauker

83. Posted:

Also here is a Spoiler of Pikmin 3 evev tho its a perdition I think im 99% correct!

If you have seen the newest video from nintendo he talks about thw winged pikmin. If you look closely you will see the pikmin carry a 5 and a 1 pellet!!! This makes me believe that the winged pikmin will have onions!

Pikmin 3, Only type on wiiu.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

84. Posted:

They showed in the video that the pink pikmin do have their own onion. also of course with this game there have been many delays, but every time we see a new video, the graphics have drastically increased. Maybe the delays might be because of miyamoto realizing that they could do online multiplayer, in the co-op i think you would just share 100 or so pikmin. Or maybe he is seeing all the people wanting the option for multiplayer co-op?

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

montauker

85. Posted:

I hope he is looking on what we have to say about online because if he is i have some awesome ideas for multiplayer!

Pikmin 3, Only type on wiiu.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

montauker

86. Posted:

Any new videos or images or news about pikmin3 other then the release date?

Pikmin 3, Only type on wiiu.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

87. Posted:

montauker wrote:

Any new videos or images or news about pikmin3 other then the release date?

Nope doesn't look like it :(

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AJWolfTill

88. Posted:

Hey guys, regarding multiplayer, In light of Nintendo Land introducing a lot of people to the Pikmin franchise for the first time with a simplified but fantastic Co-op. I feel it would be a huge mistake not to bring some form of Co-Op mode to Pikmin 3.
Shiggy has said that "the Co-Op mode is really fun" in an interview : http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8437/miyamoto-talks-pikmin-...
I really hope this means there is a drop in drop out style system for the different Hocotate crew. It was a screamingly obvious feature in Pikmin 2 so I really hope they don't neglect it again.

AJWolfTill

Nintendo Network ID: NonaryGamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

89. Posted:

AJWolfTill wrote:

Hey guys, regarding multiplayer, In light of Nintendo Land introducing a lot of people to the Pikmin franchise for the first time with a simplified but fantastic Co-op. I feel it would be a huge mistake not to bring some form of Co-Op mode to Pikmin 3.
Shiggy has said that "the Co-Op mode is really fun" in an interview : http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8437/miyamoto-talks-pikmin-...
I really hope this means there is a drop in drop out style system for the different Hocotate crew. It was a screamingly obvious feature in Pikmin 2 so I really hope they don't neglect it again.

Yah I totally agree... also it would be Koppai crew now :P

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tainy

90. Posted:

Sadly, thanks to the new info in the latest Nintendo Direct, I've become very doubtful there will be co-op multiplayer in the story mode. It seems the player has to find the other captains before he can use them. Brittany and Charlie seem to take days to unlock. This suggests there almost can't be co-op play, at least for the first few days. I suppose it is possible the player unlocks co-op play along with the captains, but that just doesn't seem tremendously likely to me at this point.

I really hope I'm wrong as co-op would be excellent in the story mode. It seems like such an obvious feature. It would be a shame if not included. At least the game will still have co-op multiplayer in some capacity. I guess there also is a small possibility they will handle co-op Portal 2 style, with a whole separate story just for multiplayer co-op. In a way that might be ideal, but I'm doubtful Nintendo would do that.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

91. Posted:

I would actually prefer having challenge mode co-op rather than story mode co-op. Story modes in most games are single player anyway. Co-op modes usually have their own sets of levels or whatever designed specifically for two people. Portal 2 is probably one of the best examples of this. If Pikmin 2 had a co-op mode where you REQUIRE two players to beat the level that would be pretty cool, although I liked the challenge mode in PIkmin 2 with two players too. Lots of fun! Versus mode was also very cool but it could use some refinements.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

92. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

Sadly, thanks to the new info in the latest Nintendo Direct, I've become very doubtful there will be co-op multiplayer in the story mode. It seems the player has to find the other captains before he can use them. Brittany and Charlie seem to take days to unlock. This suggests there almost can't be co-op play, at least for the first few days. I suppose it is possible the player unlocks co-op play along with the captains, but that just doesn't seem tremendously likely to me at this point.

I really hope I'm wrong as co-op would be excellent in the story mode. It seems like such an obvious feature. It would be a shame if not included. At least the game will still have co-op multiplayer in some capacity. I guess there also is a small possibility they will handle co-op Portal 2 style, with a whole separate story just for multiplayer co-op. In a way that might be ideal, but I'm doubtful Nintendo would do that.

There's still the possibility of other players being clones of one of the 3 captains because in the first footage of Pikmin 3 you could see a red version of Alph. Hopefully there is another co-op mode besides challenge because I'm not fond of the time limit in Pikmin 2's challenge mode.

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith