Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

981. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

KingJoonToon wrote:

Still undecided whether to get this retail or digital. Advantage of retail i save about £1.50. Digital i get it there and then.

I'm getting the retail because of collection purposes. I just love seeing all my games on my shelves.

I could probably get a case and print the artwork off and have it there for decorative purposes! Got my 500GB hard drive to set up on my Wii U so space with the digital copy wouldnt be an issue specially if i want to get the Wonderful 101 too from the offer that Nintendo are currently doing. (30% off when buying Pikmin 3)

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

MetroidSlayer

982. Posted:

Just finished the main story 100%...took 17:10.
My thoughts-

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Excellent Presentation, Sound and Overall game-play

Story was shorter then I hoped with only 66 fruits compared to Pikmin 2's 200 treasures and also was easier then its predecessors but bosses were significantly harder in my opinion.

New Pikmin types were used much better then Purple and Whites and felt unique and useful.

SPOILERS ARE OVER

If anyone has any questions about the game feel free to ask.
P.s finished with exactly 666 dead...how weird.

Edited on by theblackdragon

MetroidSlayer

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

983. Posted:

@MetroidSlayer NO SPOILERS DAMNIT! (The fact that there's XX fruits is kind of a spoiler, I think.)
I'm fine with people telling their opinions after they've beaten the game, but please no spoilers. :(

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

984. Posted:

Hey guys, please clearly mark any potential spoilers so that other users won't accidentally read them when they're wanting to be surprised. Also, if someone posts a spoiler without marking it for others, let's not repeat it. Thanks in advance! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

985. Posted:

Absoulutly Gorgeous looking game, most impressive graphics on Wii U yet.
I have to say it reminds of that tech demo that Nintendo showed at an E3 a while back of the bird flying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

986. Posted:

I cannot wait to see how good Nintendo make there games look over the next few years

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

987. Posted:

Wow, I so love this game! (I won't spoil anything, so don't worry) It's my first Pikmin game (yes, I know, weird huh?) so I'm still trying to get used to the style. But I really enjoy it; very addictive! (<--is that even a word?) Now I got a whole weekend free from work, so I suppose it'll be a lot of gaming from me these couple of days;)

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

988. Posted:

NO GUYS, STOP IT! STOP HAVING FUN WITH THE GAME WHILE I SIT HERE WAITING...SOMEONE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY

WingedFish wrote:

While I wait I'm going to start another run of Pikmin 2 (already did one for Pikmin last week) to prepare myself for what's to come. :D

Me too! I was going to play the Wii version but I realized I left it at my friend's house so I started playing the Gamecube version. I'm also going to try to beat all of my old challenge mode scores!

MetroidSlayer wrote:

New Pikmin types were used much better then Purple and Whites and felt unique and useful.

Are you saying that Purples and Whites weren't unique and useful?!
I value my Purples and Whites so much since they're much harder to populate than other Pikmin types..in Pikmin 3 I can see myself being much more reckless since I can just get my Pikmin back with pellets :)

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

989. Posted:

Welp, just finished day 2 this morning. Enjoyable so far. It reminds me of playing in my garden as a kid and being knee deep in mud looking for bugs and worms (I was a messy kid)..

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

MetroidSlayer

990. Posted:

@PloXyZeRO
I personally did not think Purples were very unique the fact that they were Strong were not used very much and generally unbalanced the boss/enemy fights , however I can see your point about them, I was very wasteful in Pikmin 3 compared to 2.

@Kewlan
I do apologize for saying that spoiler! I wouldn't have even thought at the time that the number of fruits would be a spoiler

MetroidSlayer

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

991. Posted:

MetroidSlayer wrote:

@PloXyZeRO
I personally did not think Purples were very unique the fact that they were Strong were not used very much and generally unbalanced the boss/enemy fights , however I can see your point about them, I was very wasteful in Pikmin 3 compared to 2.

Good point, I have to agree with that

Could you explain how the onion system works? Let's say a red Pikmin takes a yellow 2-pellet back to the onion. Would one red Pikmin pop out, one yellow Pikmin, or two yellow Pikmin? I'm kind of confused since all of the Pikmin share one onion!

Also, what happens when two different Pikmin types carry a pellet of a THIRD color?? Like a pink and blue Pikmin carrying a gray 2-pellet...then what would happen?

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

MetroidSlayer

992. Posted:

@PloXyZeRO

It is depended on what colour pikmin bring the supplies back, the colour of the pellet has no influence. If its tie I believe it goes to the one which has the least Pikmin in the onion. Though that might not be true.

MetroidSlayer

AuthorMessage

Smitherenez

993. Posted:

MAJOR SPOILERS REGARDING THE BEST ENDING! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I have just finished the game with a 100% fruit collection rate. And the game rewards you with a lot more unanswered questions, is there a better ending?
I won't post any other questions that I have since our american friends still need to get the game and it had been out for just a couple of days, the majority (probably) has not finished the game yet.

Edited on by Smitherenez

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

994. Posted:

This week is going to be absolutely grueling... Already finished my before mentioned Pikmin 2 run. :P

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

995. Posted:

I get home from vacation on the exact day it's release in NA. Downloading this puppy right away!

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

996. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

This week is going to be absolutely grueling... Already finished my before mentioned Pikmin 2 run. :P

Don't you worry. It will be well worth the wait. Just a few more days for you now, guys:)

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

997. Posted:

Smitherenez wrote:

MAJOR SPOILERS REGARDING THE BEST ENDING! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I have just finished the game with a 100% fruit collection rate. And the game rewards you with a lot more unanswered questions, is there a better ending?
I won't post any other questions that I have since our american friends still need to get the game and it had been out for just a couple of days, the majority (probably) has not finished the game yet.

Mabye when you beat all of mission mode you unlock the answers, similar to pikmin 2.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

Toothedbuffalo

998. Posted:

has anyone in the uk or aus having problems with pikmin 3 the game has crashed on me 6 times i dont know whats wrong becouse super mario u and super luigi play fine. it locks up at random i dont think its the wii u over heating because when it crashes i can turn the wii u off by holding the power button on the wii in and turn it back on and keep playing then it might not crash for like and hr

Toothedbuffalo

AuthorMessage

smileyboy

999. Posted:

Any preorder bonuses for us here in the states?

smileyboy

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4396-4257

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,000. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I've been trying to finish mine, but I'm trying to get the game done in as little days as possible, and I cannot seem to get Perplexing Pool done in two days. It's always SO annoying when there are like two above ground treasures left and THAT'S IT! I found out a few tips to help me along, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. And no, there's no way I'm going for the 7 day run. Too much for me.

EDIT: POST 1000!

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371