Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,331

PloXyZeRO

MetroidSlayer wrote:

@PloXyZeRO
I personally did not think Purples were very unique the fact that they were Strong were not used very much and generally unbalanced the boss/enemy fights , however I can see your point about them, I was very wasteful in Pikmin 3 compared to 2.

Good point, I have to agree with that

Could you explain how the onion system works? Let's say a red Pikmin takes a yellow 2-pellet back to the onion. Would one red Pikmin pop out, one yellow Pikmin, or two yellow Pikmin? I'm kind of confused since all of the Pikmin share one onion!

Also, what happens when two different Pikmin types carry a pellet of a THIRD color?? Like a pink and blue Pikmin carrying a gray 2-pellet...then what would happen?

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

MetroidSlayer

@PloXyZeRO

It is depended on what colour pikmin bring the supplies back, the colour of the pellet has no influence. If its tie I believe it goes to the one which has the least Pikmin in the onion. Though that might not be true.

MetroidSlayer

Smitherenez

MAJOR SPOILERS REGARDING THE BEST ENDING! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I have just finished the game with a 100% fruit collection rate. And the game rewards you with a lot more unanswered questions, is there a better ending?
I won't post any other questions that I have since our american friends still need to get the game and it had been out for just a couple of days, the majority (probably) has not finished the game yet.

Edited on by Smitherenez

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

Snagrio

This week is going to be absolutely grueling... Already finished my before mentioned Pikmin 2 run.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

rallydefault

I get home from vacation on the exact day it's release in NA. Downloading this puppy right away!

rallydefault

ITAFTRS

WingedFish wrote:

This week is going to be absolutely grueling... Already finished my before mentioned Pikmin 2 run.

Don't you worry. It will be well worth the wait. Just a few more days for you now, guys:)

ITAFTRS

iwanttodie

Smitherenez wrote:

MAJOR SPOILERS REGARDING THE BEST ENDING! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I have just finished the game with a 100% fruit collection rate. And the game rewards you with a lot more unanswered questions, is there a better ending?
I won't post any other questions that I have since our american friends still need to get the game and it had been out for just a couple of days, the majority (probably) has not finished the game yet.

Mabye when you beat all of mission mode you unlock the answers, similar to pikmin 2.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Toothedbuffalo

has anyone in the uk or aus having problems with pikmin 3 the game has crashed on me 6 times i dont know whats wrong becouse super mario u and super luigi play fine. it locks up at random i dont think its the wii u over heating because when it crashes i can turn the wii u off by holding the power button on the wii in and turn it back on and keep playing then it might not crash for like and hr

Toothedbuffalo

smileyboy

Any preorder bonuses for us here in the states?

smileyboy

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4396-4257

MasterWario

WingedFish wrote:

This week is going to be absolutely grueling... Already finished my before mentioned Pikmin 2 run.

I've been trying to finish mine, but I'm trying to get the game done in as little days as possible, and I cannot seem to get Perplexing Pool done in two days. It's always SO annoying when there are like two above ground treasures left and THAT'S IT! I found out a few tips to help me along, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. And no, there's no way I'm going for the 7 day run. Too much for me.

EDIT: POST 1000!

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SuperJoon

Just downloading Pikmin 3 now! Will be ready and waiting for when i get home from work!

Aaaah! love background downloads! So glad for this feature when i download The Wonderful 101 aswell!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Toothedbuffalo

today i took my wii u and pikmin 3 to Nintendo Australia in Melbourne the guy tested it and it crashed for him they going to take a look at it for me

Toothedbuffalo

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Hey there, I'm considering buying Pikmin 3, but I want to play it with my GF. So the question is, what controls are for 2P? We have a Wii U touchpad (d'uh) two wii mote+ and a nunchuck. I guess I need another nunchuck, but am not certain? I really would love to have the infomration before being dissappointed thx for anyone who can provide some intel

Edited on by Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Snagrio

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

This week is going to be absolutely grueling... Already finished my before mentioned Pikmin 2 run.

I've been trying to finish mine, but I'm trying to get the game done in as little days as possible, and I cannot seem to get Perplexing Pool done in two days. It's always SO annoying when there are like two above ground treasures left and THAT'S IT! I found out a few tips to help me along, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. And no, there's no way I'm going for the 7 day run. Too much for me.

EDIT: POST 1000!

Darn it I wanted to have the 1000th post! Aw well, this is still a special occasion since this is the longest ongoing thread I've made.

Anyway, I also try to complete P2 in the fewest number of days, but no matter how many times I try I can never get below 12. I was close to 11 this last playthough by doing everything at the Valley of Repose in one day (not counting the obligatory first two that you spend there), but the stupid Unspeakable Wonder (the Peach's crown treasure) got stuck on the snowman's head and I wasted all my remaining time try to get it out.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Einherjar

Damn, the physical copy of Pikmin 3 is sold out EVERYWHERE around here. Ive checkes 7 ! different retailers, and none of the have the game on shelf, stock or will be getting any more (since every game they get goes towards someone who pre ordered it)
Guess theres no other way than to get the digital copy now...wish me luck that i eventually find cheap copys of the game down the road, just for collection purpose
Off to get an eShop card then *woosh"

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Herzlos wrote:

Hey there, I'm considering buying Pikmin 3, but I want to play it with my GF. So the question is, what controls are for 2P? We have a Wii U touchpad (d'uh) two wii mote+ and a nunchuck. I guess I need another nunchuck, but am not certain? I really would love to have the infomration before being dissappointed thx for anyone who can provide some intel

Anyone ?

Edited on by Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Emblem

Herzlos wrote:

Herzlos wrote:

Hey there, I'm considering buying Pikmin 3, but I want to play it with my GF. So the question is, what controls are for 2P? We have a Wii U touchpad (d'uh) two wii mote+ and a nunchuck. I guess I need another nunchuck, but am not certain? I really would love to have the infomration before being dissappointed thx for anyone who can provide some intel

Anyone ?

You don't need another nunchuck since one of you can use the controller. however if you both use Wii Mote + and Nunchucks then you can use the controller for a second screen providing additional info.

One thing i'll point out though, to unlock more co-op boss battles and challenges you have to see them in the story mode first. Not tried vs mode yet so i'm not sure if the same applies.

Edit: Get it, its a great game to play solo or co-op, even when playing solo its great to watch and give advice etc so it would be a nice co-op experience either way.

Edited on by Emblem

Emblem

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Emblem wrote:

Herzlos wrote:

Herzlos wrote:

Hey there, I'm considering buying Pikmin 3, but I want to play it with my GF. So the question is, what controls are for 2P? We have a Wii U touchpad (d'uh) two wii mote+ and a nunchuck. I guess I need another nunchuck, but am not certain? I really would love to have the infomration before being dissappointed thx for anyone who can provide some intel

Anyone ?

You don't need another nunchuck since one of you can use the controller. however if you both use Wii Mote + and Nunchucks then you can use the controller for a second screen providing additional info.

One thing i'll point out though, to unlock more co-op boss battles and challenges you have to see them in the story mode first. Not tried vs mode yet so i'm not sure if the same applies.

Edit: Get it, its a great game to play solo or co-op, even when playing solo its great to watch and give advice etc so it would be a nice co-op experience either way.

So I can play even Touchpad + Wiimote + Nunchuck. Sounds cool. Thank you

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic