Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,331

TWK

I've been playing for a couple of hours now. Only on day 8... what a great game! The usual incredible amount of polish all-round that only, in my opinion, Nintendo can deliver. A complete delight to play, although it can get pretty stressful commanding all your Pikmin around

There's a lot to enjoy in this game.

Edited on by TWK

TWK

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4040-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: TobiasWK

PloXyZeRO

This guy does Perplexing Pool in ONE DAY! Insane multitasking skills!
Just imagine how efficiently you can complete tasks with THREE captains! And since you can set waypoints for each captain with the gamepad, your strategy can get CRAZY in-depth. When I get the game I'm going to study possible strategies as if they were college classes..I'M SO EXCITED

Go to 1:10:33

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

MasterWario

PloXyZeRO wrote:

This guy does Perplexing Pool in ONE DAY! Insane multitasking skills!
Just imagine how efficiently you can complete tasks with THREE captains! And since you can set waypoints for each captain with the gamepad, your strategy can get CRAZY in-depth. When I get the game I'm going to study possible strategies as if they were college classes..I'M SO EXCITED

He used that stone-weight glitch-thing though, right? I don't see any other way he would already have blue Pikmin, and otherwise it's not possible in one day. Still pretty awesome though, that's for sure.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

conman2012

WingedFish wrote:

antonvaltaz wrote:

My almost-4 year old son rang me at work today to tell me excitedly "Daddy, your new game is here, and I can play it too!" (Yes, I've trained him to recognise PEGI age ratings - he knows he's allowed to play games with a big green '3' in the corner )

As soon as I got home he wanted to play it with me, together we played the first day and started the second, and he spent all of tea-time telling my wife (who isn't remotely interested in games) in great detail exactly what happened: "And then mummy, we lost one of the Pikmin! But then we went out of the cave and we found him again, and then we went up in our spaceship, and the Pikmin went up in their onion, and then we found the pink lady..."

Now he's pestering for when he can play it again

Daww! Smotheringly adorable kid you got there. My 2 year old niece knows what Pikmin is too and loves to watch me play it.

This is the main reason i went for the 'U . However the boy is only 1 and a half. Still, he likes trying to scratch the gamepad screen. The wife also hates gaming too - though showed a mild interest in mario chase and luigis mansion.

Good to see that the Pikmin excite the kids

conman2012

Kewlan

Darn! I didn't get my copy today, and yet I pre-ordered it on Monday. The e-mail told me they we're ready to send it YESTERDAY! Come on, does it take 4 days just to get it ready? Man, this makes me sad and now I can't play it over the weekend.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Knux

Pre-ordered this game yesterday on Amazon. I can't wait to put my Wii U to good use again!

Knux

Snagrio

While I wait I'm going to start another run of Pikmin 2 (already did one for Pikmin last week) to prepare myself for what's to come.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SuperJoon

Still undecided whether to get this retail or digital. Advantage of retail i save about £1.50. Digital i get it there and then.

NNID: SuperJoon | PSN: KingJoonToon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Kewlan

KingJoonToon wrote:

Still undecided whether to get this retail or digital. Advantage of retail i save about £1.50. Digital i get it there and then.

I'm getting the retail because of collection purposes. I just love seeing all my games on my shelves.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

SuperJoon

Kewlan wrote:

KingJoonToon wrote:

I'm getting the retail because of collection purposes. I just love seeing all my games on my shelves.

I could probably get a case and print the artwork off and have it there for decorative purposes! Got my 500GB hard drive to set up on my Wii U so space with the digital copy wouldnt be an issue specially if i want to get the Wonderful 101 too from the offer that Nintendo are currently doing. (30% off when buying Pikmin 3)

NNID: SuperJoon | PSN: KingJoonToon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

MetroidSlayer

Just finished the main story 100%...took 17:10.
My thoughts-

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Excellent Presentation, Sound and Overall game-play

Story was shorter then I hoped with only 66 fruits compared to Pikmin 2's 200 treasures and also was easier then its predecessors but bosses were significantly harder in my opinion.

New Pikmin types were used much better then Purple and Whites and felt unique and useful.

SPOILERS ARE OVER

If anyone has any questions about the game feel free to ask.
P.s finished with exactly 666 dead...how weird.

Edited on by theblackdragon

MetroidSlayer

Kewlan

@MetroidSlayer NO SPOILERS DAMNIT! (The fact that there's XX fruits is kind of a spoiler, I think.)
I'm fine with people telling their opinions after they've beaten the game, but please no spoilers.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

theblackdragon

Hey guys, please clearly mark any potential spoilers so that other users won't accidentally read them when they're wanting to be surprised. Also, if someone posts a spoiler without marking it for others, let's not repeat it. Thanks in advance! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have ...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

PinkSpider

Absoulutly Gorgeous looking game, most impressive graphics on Wii U yet.
I have to say it reminds of that tech demo that Nintendo showed at an E3 a while back of the bird flying

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

PinkSpider

I cannot wait to see how good Nintendo make there games look over the next few years

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

ITAFTRS

Wow, I so love this game! (I won't spoil anything, so don't worry) It's my first Pikmin game (yes, I know, weird huh?) so I'm still trying to get used to the style. But I really enjoy it; very addictive! (<--is that even a word?) Now I got a whole weekend free from work, so I suppose it'll be a lot of gaming from me these couple of days;)

ITAFTRS

PloXyZeRO

NO GUYS, STOP IT! STOP HAVING FUN WITH THE GAME WHILE I SIT HERE WAITING...SOMEONE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY

WingedFish wrote:

While I wait I'm going to start another run of Pikmin 2 (already did one for Pikmin last week) to prepare myself for what's to come.

Me too! I was going to play the Wii version but I realized I left it at my friend's house so I started playing the Gamecube version. I'm also going to try to beat all of my old challenge mode scores!

MetroidSlayer wrote:

New Pikmin types were used much better then Purple and Whites and felt unique and useful.

Are you saying that Purples and Whites weren't unique and useful?!
I value my Purples and Whites so much since they're much harder to populate than other Pikmin types..in Pikmin 3 I can see myself being much more reckless since I can just get my Pikmin back with pellets

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Phatosaurus

Welp, just finished day 2 this morning. Enjoyable so far. It reminds me of playing in my garden as a kid and being knee deep in mud looking for bugs and worms (I was a messy kid)..

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

MetroidSlayer

@PloXyZeRO
I personally did not think Purples were very unique the fact that they were Strong were not used very much and generally unbalanced the boss/enemy fights , however I can see your point about them, I was very wasteful in Pikmin 3 compared to 2.

@Kewlan
I do apologize for saying that spoiler! I wouldn't have even thought at the time that the number of fruits would be a spoiler

MetroidSlayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic