Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,273

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DdFixen

821. Posted:

Was gonna preorder it on GameStop, but they didn't even have the title represented under "upcoming games". Stupid store! Had to go with another retailer instead (which seems better, so it's cool).

EDIT: Have preordered it now. Oh yes!:D

Edited on by DdFixen

DdFixen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

822. Posted:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

The flying Pikmin would kinda kill what most of the Yellows had goin for it :/ but I am interested in where the flyers can get where the yellows can not

Yellow Pikmin are still resistant to electricity and they can carry bomb rocks (and the explosions are HUGE in this game!). I don't know if other Pikmin types can carry bomb rocks this time around but I don't think so. Also, I don't know for sure, but I still think that yellow Pikmin can be thrown higher than pinks, even though they can fly. I'm not totally sure though so don't mark my word on it

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

823. Posted:

Ugh deciding between this, Rayman, or 101 for my next retail Wii U purchase.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tainy

824. Posted:

Do you have to go to a participating Game Stop offering the demo to pre-order and get early access, or can you pre-order at any Game Stop on those two days whether that Game Stop has the demo or not. There is no way I'm driving over 170 miles out of state for this. Reggie said "if you pre-order the downloadable version of Pikmin 3 at any Game Stop store on either of those days, we'll let you download the game on the Nintendo eShop on August 3rd." That sounds like, if his langue is correct, that I can just go to my local Game Stop on the 20th or 21st and get the game a day early even though the demo event will not be taking place there. I just want a little clarification that I understand this correctly.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

825. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

The flying Pikmin would kinda kill what most of the Yellows had goin for it :/ but I am interested in where the flyers can get where the yellows can not

Yellow Pikmin are still resistant to electricity and they can carry bomb rocks (and the explosions are HUGE in this game!). I don't know if other Pikmin types can carry bomb rocks this time around but I don't think so. Also, I don't know for sure, but I still think that yellow Pikmin can be thrown higher than pinks, even though they can fly. I'm not totally sure though so don't mark my word in it

It has been shown through footage that at least Blues, Reds, and Rocks can use bomb rocks, so the Yellows don't have that trait all to themselves anymore.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

826. Posted:

Oh okay, that's pretty cool! If winged Pikmin could drop bombs that would be pretty awesome...it would be like a war zone

Also, GameXplain and a few other English-speaking YouTube channels have gotten ahold of Pikmin 3 and have started posting gameplay and impressions and such

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

827. Posted:

@Tainy
According to the video, you can get the pre-order for the one day early copy at ANY GameStop or EB Games location.
The 250 store demo thing is separate from that. I'll probably just go demo the game with my bro for the heck of it, but I could technically go to a closer GS store and just get the pre-order.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

828. Posted:

Josh Thomas of the Bit Block said it took him 7 hours to beat the game and that's with passing alot of content. He's saying 10-15 hours if you do everything plus the battle and challenge modes.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

829. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

The flying Pikmin would kinda kill what most of the Yellows had goin for it :/ but I am interested in where the flyers can get where the yellows can not

Yellow Pikmin are still resistant to electricity and they can carry bomb rocks (and the explosions are HUGE in this game!). I don't know if other Pikmin types can carry bomb rocks this time around but I don't think so. Also, I don't know for sure, but I still think that yellow Pikmin can be thrown higher than pinks, even though they can fly. I'm not totally sure though so don't mark my word on it

Yellows are resistant to electricity (which doesn't insta-kill other Pikmin anymore btw). They can be thrown higher than any other Pikmin, and can dig up fruit and through walls and gates faster. All Pikmin are now able to carry bomb rocks. Although I have not seen a Winged Pikmin with one so I'm not sure about those.

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

830. Posted:

I should get this game...and on the other hand, I have one question: I thought this game was supposed to have 4 playable characters? Or is the 4th the antagonist? :I Anyone ever thought of this? Unless they just decided to scrap the idea.

Also, anyone else see that spider with the long hair? Looks like the grudge, LOL.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

831. Posted:

@Orngeblu
Well, I think Louie from Pikmin 2 is still playable in the vs. mode, because it has nothing to do with the story.
From E3 there WAS another green haired character I believe. Whether he made it to the final game in any way could only be known by anyone that has the game.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

832. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Orngeblu
Well, I think Louie from Pikmin 2 is still playable in the vs. mode, because it has nothing to do with the story.
From E3 there WAS another green haired character I believe. Whether he made it to the final game in any way could only be known by anyone that has the game.

Yeah. I should totally get this game, it looks really promising now. xP It would've been cool if one was an antagonist. Louie was the final boss in Pikmin 2, I believe. He was controlling a machine. I don't remember why he did that, though.

That black spider with the long hair...so creepy. (And interesting)

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

833. Posted:

Louie wasn't controlling the monster Olimar and Mr. President fought in the final boss fight.

He was a hostage of the monster, probably, but he wasn't controlling it.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

834. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Louie wasn't controlling the monster Olimar and Mr. President fought in the final boss fight.

He was a hostage of the monster, probably, but he wasn't controlling it.

Actually it was never made completely clear who was calling the shots. In fact after you rescue Louie he calls himself "The King of Bugs" with several bits of dialogue suggesting the idea that he was in control of the Titan all along. But again, nothing has ever been confirmed.

And besides, I'd prefer a person being the secret final antagonist rather then the usual "monster of the day" deal. And if you think about it, character D could very well be a relative of Louie, and I think I know why he might be evil. Remember Louie's dark secret from Pikmin 2? He (somehow) ate an entire shipment of golden Pikpik carrots before they reached their destination, which I believe was supposed to be Koppai, since they now have a food shortage.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

835. Posted:

@WingedFish
Meh. I guess... either way, he was a good guy.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

836. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@WingedFish
Meh. I guess... either way, he was a good guy.

that's debatable

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

837. Posted:

BandG wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@WingedFish
Meh. I guess... either way, he was a good guy.

that's debatable

Fine, then. Just, meh.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

838. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

BandG wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@WingedFish
Meh. I guess... either way, he was a good guy.

that's debatable

Fine, then. Just, meh.

LOL

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

839. Posted:

The North American commerical for Pikmin.

No where as awesome as the JP ones but gotta play to the audience.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

840. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

The North American commerical for Pikmin.

No where as awesome as the JP ones but gotta play to the audience.

Apparently even Pikmin has fallen victim to the "American Kirby is hardcore" syndrome.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64