Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 781 to 800 of 1,273

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

781. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

However, it's been confirmed that Purple and White Pikmin will not be in the Story Mode, just for the Challenge Mode. :(

WHAT.
WHY.

I'd guess two reasons. One, there would be too many types of Pikmin to control at once, at least to the point that the type of complexity having so many Pikmin types would achieve is not what the developers wanted in the game, if that makes sense. (Also, they can limit the amount of Pikmin types you get in challenge mode, e.g., I wouldn't expect a challenge mode level to contain all types of Pikmin.)
Two, Purple Pikmin were way too overpowered.
And honestly, if there were any Pikmin you would have cut from the game, purples and whites make the most sense. And they are kind of a pair too; it would be very odd if they they included white Pikmin and not Purple Pikmin, and vice versa.

Ah...oh well. I just hope some challenge mode levels have hidden items that you need white Pikmin to dig up. Finding every treasure in each challenge mode level was always a goal for me, and a lot of the tricky ones involved using white Pikmin. Purple Pikmin don't seem as necessary now with the inclusion of rock Pikmin, but they still have their difference. I just hope that the game will force you to be creative with each Pikmin type in challenge mode somehow! They all have their own purposes!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

782. Posted:

Oh, I'm so looking forward to this title! I've never played Pikmin before, but I've heard from a friend that it's and awesome game (and I trust him!) and also played the NintendoLand version, which I enjoyed a lot, so it will most likely be a hit. Plus I just realized that the European release date is in just a couple of weeks and not the beginning of August, which I thought at first. Yaay for that:D

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

erv

783. Posted:

With the purple and the white pikmin gone from the main story, aren't we going to get the rock and the flying ones in return?

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

Nintendroid5000

784. Posted:

Untitled

:)

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

785. Posted:

erv wrote:

With the purple and the white pikmin gone from the main story, aren't we going to get the rock and the flying ones in return?

Seems like it, and as someone else has already said, we don't know if there will be another secret Pikmin type because of that Orange 3 on the cover.

@Nintendroid5000 good to see that; I'd be pretty sad if that wasn't the case.

Edited on by MasterWario

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

786. Posted:

@Nintendroid5000
Where did that picture come from? How did that person get the box already? Is there more?!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

787. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

@Nintendroid5000
Where did that picture come from? How did that person get the box already? Is there more?!

The game will release in 4 days in Japan, so I guess it's possible for someone to have gotten it a bit early...?

ಠ_ಠ
Biggest Hyrule Warriors fan on planet earth.
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

788. Posted:

Famitsu reviewed it giving it three 9's and a perfect 10 adding up into a solid 37 out of 40 points. Nice!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

789. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Famitsu reviewed it giving it three 9's and a perfect 10 adding up into a solid 37 out of 40 points. Nice!

HOORAY! This is a good sign. I don't think I have many reasons to worry about being disappointed now.

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

790. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

37 out of 40 reasons this iis worth my time.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Tainy

791. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

That's interesting. For a little perspective on their opinion, they gave Pikmin a 34/40 and Pikmin 2 a 36/40. That makes Pikmin 3 their highest rated title of the series so far.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

Tainy

792. Posted:

You also see 720 listed there in smaller text. On another site, someone translated the text. It says the game renders in 720p and the Wii U console can output up to 1080p. That basically means the Wii U does the upconversion so that your TV doesn't have to (which is good because some HDTVs introduce a lot of input lag when it needs to upconvert the video signal), not that you will be playing a native 1080p game. On the bright side, based on my personal experience with the E3 Experience Pikmin 3 demo at Nintendo World, the game does run in a very smooth 60 frames-per-second which I would rather have than 1080p if I had to choose between the two.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

793. Posted:

I'd also rather have 60 fps rather than 1080p (if it's 720p instead). So I guess that's a good thing.

ಠ_ಠ
Biggest Hyrule Warriors fan on planet earth.
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

794. Posted:

I would rather have native 1080p @ 30 fps than 720p @ 60 fps (and upscaled to 1080p) for three reasons...

1) I have a 65" TV so the difference between 720p and 1080p is definitely noticeable.
2) I make short films and I record at 24 fps, so a lower frame rate doesn't bother me and 60 fps almost looks TOO smooth for me now (I know, not a good reason lol...but it's true!)
3) I have an HD PVR and I plan on recording my first Let's Play when Pikmin 3 comes out, and it's limited to 1080i @ 30 fps anyway. It CAN record in 720p @ 60 fps, but YouTube plays in 30 fps anyway so there's no point. An Elgato Game Capute HD would be ideal but the HD PVR will work for now

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

795. Posted:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Tainy

796. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I would rather have native 1080p @ 30 fps than 720p @ 60 fps (and upscaled to 1080p) for three reasons...

1) I have a 65" TV so the difference between 720p and 1080p is definitely noticeable.
2) I make short films and I record at 24 fps, so a lower frame rate doesn't bother me and 60 fps almost looks TOO smooth for me now (I know, not a good reason lol...but it's true!)
3) I have an HD PVR and I plan on recording my first Let's Play when Pikmin 3 comes out, and it's limited to 1080i @ 30 fps anyway. It CAN record in 720p @ 60 fps, but YouTube plays in 30 fps anyway so there's no point. An Elgato Game Capute HD would be ideal but the HD PVR will work for now

Point one I understand, but point two I disagree with (point three is irrelevant). It really depends on the nature of the content.

Watching a movie for example is different than playing a video game. When you watch a movie, you are generally keeping your eye on a carefully placed subject that is stationary within the frame. Film makers want it to be easy for the viewer to understand what's happening (at any frame rate), so they carefully conduct the subject and the action so that it doesn't move much within the frame. There are still some instances where a higher frame rate can yield superior results, such as when the camera is panning, but in general most movies probably won't gain anything too important in terms of communicating to the viewer.

There are some instances where filming in higher frame rates can be very useful however, such as sports and camcorders. Sports are not choreographed. It is impossible to frame them perfectly. In addition, the viewer is often tasked with traking movement across the screen as players throw, hit, or kick the ball and the camera attempts to adjust. A higher frame rate can help the viewer compensate for that inefficiency and process the poorly framed action. Camcorders often feature a high frame rate mode for two reasons: to help the user and subsequent viewers compensate for unstabilized footage (helps maintain clarity of image; and it also provides an opportunity for superior stabilization of the video as the frames themselves will be less blurred, even if you ultimately want to downgrade the frame rate afterward), and capture the movement that camcorders are so often used to capture, such as sports or similar events. The high frame rate can be detrimental in some instances of camcorder use as it captures even more of the users hand movement which just makes the footage harder to watch and even less stabilized, however stabilization software can compensate for that and will in fact utilize that video better that it could were the video shot in a lower frame rate.

In the case of video games, the player must track tons of movement on an often if not always panning camera. This becomes even more of an issue as many video games task the player with tracking small elements (such as pikmin) on a moving frame. In video games, motion resolution becomes as equally important as image resolution. It really depends on the game as to which should be prioritized. Personally, I find New Super Mario Bros. U difficult to play on the GamePad because of the GamePad's poor motion resolution. Just by running through a level (which is done almost constantly), the whole environment is blurred on the GamePad. This introduces unnecessary viewer strain.

I can see how Pikmin sits right on or very near that line between motion and image resolution. On one hand, Pikmin has a lot of movement occurring within the frame, and a moving camera that the player can at will cause to make quick 180° turns. On the other hand, Pikmin has many small units in play that require a high resolution to communicate in a quality fashion. I personally play on a smaller TV in a large enough space so that resolution is less likely to irk me in my personal experiences with my current equipment. I can easily imagine that a larger TV might alter my tolerance for poor image resolution.

Tainy

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

797. Posted:

You bring up some very good points about panning and motion resolution. I know that it used to bother me initially (as I'm sure it does with others), but I've gotten used to it now

I guess Nintendo is trying to cater to the majority who would probably prefer a higher frame rate over a higher resolution since not everyone has such a big TV (to be honest I actually hate it! 42" is PERFECT to me). I can tolerate 60 FPS for the most part but on certain TVs (like certain Samsung TVs), the motion appears TOO smooth, at least to me. I know this may sound weird, but when the motion is SO fluid like that it is almost dizzying to me. Luckily for me most TVs aren't like this (including mine) so it's not an issue for me most of the time. I can't STAND playing video games or watching anything on his TV!

Anyway that's besides the point. I guess upscaling the game and maintaining a high frame rate would be ideal for the majority of players out there and I guess I'll just have to deal with it!

MrSRArter wrote:

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

798. Posted:

Geez, GameXplain has been releasing a truck load of info today. Go check out their latest YouTube videos on it if you're curious.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

799. Posted:

Wow thanks for telling us! SEVEN new Pikmin 3 videos? That's insane! Time to go watch them all

MrSRArter wrote:

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

800. Posted:

The Q&A video was funny because "Pikmin 3 Q&A: Your Questions Answered! (Difficulty, Controls, Olimar and more!)" was the title, but then for like half of the questions he's like "I'm not sure", or "don't quote me on that", or "I'm pretty sure but perhaps not". He even wasn't sure about some of the questions I seemed were obvious. Still, there was definitely some good info; it's going to take some time getting used to not having a c-stick equivalent.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery