Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 761 to 780 of 1,273

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

761. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

That reminds me, I wonder if Pikmin 3 will still have the caves. Not necessary, but they were fun. (not to mention the game had a crapload of bosses, lol)

GameXplain on YouTube has an analysis video (I think it's Pikmin 3 Analysis Part 4) where he noticed something that looked like a hole from Pikmin 2, so I think it's safe to say that it'll be back
Plus in Pikmin 3 Analysis Part 5, he noticed that some clips didn't have a timer at the top of the screen that shows how close you are to sunset, so he speculated that the footage was in a cave area underground where time does not pass, just like in Pikmin 2!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

BandG

762. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I don't know about you guys but I found a little surprise in my pants when the waterwraith came early when I played Submerged Castle for the first time

I still hate those things. SPOILER Especially that one level in challenge mode with a bunch of them SPOILER

Not for me. SPOILER For me, they are crazy frightening in Submerged Castle, since you don't have the purple Pikmin. But in challenge mode, you start off with them, so it's not that bad (still kinda scary).

The WaterWraith is so cool I had to name my PSN account after its frightening glory.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage

Yellowgerbil

763. Posted:

The Water Wraith was terrifying and my Brother and Father rushed into the living room after numerous shouts and screams were emitted from it. I got my vengeance though after it had Spoiler thrown on it and ran around the room with its arms Spoiler.

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

764. Posted:

Maybe the Waterwraiths will make a return in Pikmin 3. They'll be even scarier in HD! :D

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

765. Posted:

I honestly didn't like the caves so much in Pikmin 2. maybe I'll just have to get used to it though

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

766. Posted:

So there is going to be a Pikmin 3 specific Nintendo Direct tomorrow, through granted Japanese only at this time of writing. Are any of you expecting a surprise and such? I for one am not getting my hopes up too high and am just anticipating more footage and whatnot. The only things I can think of in terms of surprises is Olimar's confirmation in the story mode and one of the new Captains (most likely Alph) announced as a new Smash Bros. character.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

767. Posted:

@WingedFish I'm not sure I'll watch. I don't want any more spoilers. :P
Oh, I didn't think about Smash Bros... Hmm, I might watch then.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

768. Posted:

So based on what we've seen in the Direct it was only a playthrough of the first day, so pretty much just an elaboration of the same scenes the trailers have shown before. There are a couple curious moments to take note of however.

First is that Alph and Charlie talked with a voice and not just text. Now since it was all Japanese I couldn't tell if they were speaking actual words instead of gibberish like in the Pikmin 2 cutscenes, but it looks possible that Pikmin 3 could have voice acting. But considering all the other footage we've seen in English consisted of them shouting and grunting, plus when the texts did appear it was just electronic effects, I have my doubts.

Also interesting is you can see an Ivory Candypop Bud a few times during the gameplay. Some have worried that Purples and Whites have been cut from the game since we've only seen them once back in January, so this should ease any concerns.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Samurairu

769. Posted:

I haven't played any Pikmin games. I was out of the Nintendo console scene for many years, but now I'm back and very much looking forward to this title. It looks amazing and fits with the kind of play style I appreciate at the moment. Thanks to all the information you guys are posting. It helped me learn a lot about what I've been missing.

Samurairu

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

770. Posted:

When Nintendo delays a game, it's always for the best. They just won't stop til they deem their games as perfect. And it's always worth it in the long run... :)
Untitled
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

771. Posted:

You can really see a difference in texture and quality in the first comparison.

I'm glad it was delayed now :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

772. Posted:

Wow, what a difference! Interesting how the Rock Pikmin's flowers changed from blue to purple.

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

773. Posted:

Looks really good indeed, but you're sure it's not cut-scene footage?

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

774. Posted:

I'm really glad they tweaked the ground textures. They looked very bland initially. Looks a lot better now.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

775. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

When Nintendo delays a game, it's always for the best. They just won't stop til they deem their games as perfect. And it's always worth it in the long run... :)
Untitled
Untitled

Wow, I noticed an improvement, but I had no idea it was that much better! I still hate that it was delayed so long but at least, now I know it was worth it. :P

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

banacheck

776. Posted:

PloXyZeRO

GameXplain on YouTube has an analysis video (I think it's Pikmin 3 Analysis Part 4) where he noticed something that looked like a hole from Pikmin 2, so I think it's safe to say that it'll be back

It's funny you saying about GameXplain i've been watching GameXplain too, i seen that hole too which also shows up on the Gamepad map too, looking at them pictures it was the right choice for Nintendo to delay the game take note Bethesda. This is one game i'm really looking forwards too, and will be well worth the wait.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

WebHead

777. Posted:

I am actually more excited for this game now. Hard to believe it's FINALLY coming out now right? lol

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

778. Posted:

The Japanese official website for Pikmin 3 has been completed, and, there's some good news and some bad news. The good news is that Louie is the game (multiplayer at least), Burrowing Snagrets do in fact have a foot like their Pileated cousins, and for the first time in the Pikmin series there is a mammalian enemy creature.

However, it's been confirmed that Purple and White Pikmin will not be in the Story Mode, just for the Challenge Mode. :(

Here is the latest footage with analysis.

And the UK introduction video, also with analysis.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

779. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

However, it's been confirmed that Purple and White Pikmin will not be in the Story Mode, just for the Challenge Mode. :(

WHAT.
WHY.
Untitled

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

780. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

WHAT.
WHY.

I'd guess two reasons. One, there would be too many types of Pikmin to control at once, at least to the point that the type of complexity having so many Pikmin types would achieve is not what the developers wanted in the game, if that makes sense. (Also, they can limit the amount of Pikmin types you get in challenge mode, e.g., I wouldn't expect a challenge mode level to contain all types of Pikmin.)
Two, Purple Pikmin were way too overpowered.
And honestly, if there were any Pikmin you would have cut from the game, purples and whites make the most sense. And they are kind of a pair too; it would be very odd if they they included white Pikmin and not Purple Pikmin, and vice versa.

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371