Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 741 to 760 of 1,264

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

741. Posted:

Did this game get an exact release date I havent really heard that much from this title since the last Nintendo Direct.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

742. Posted:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Did this game get an exact release date I havent really heard that much from this title since the last Nintendo Direct.

August 3, according to Nintendo Life website!
I lost track of the release date myself, in the endless hyping. o.o

AJ_Lethal wrote:

DON'T DARE TO TALK CRAP ABOUT GOAT SIMULATOR.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

743. Posted:

I imagine this game being so good, it's not even funny anymore :)

Does the versus mode support off tv play? one on the tv, other on the gamepad? Since you CAN play off-tv in singleplayer.

I doubt it though cause I guess we would have seen something about it by now if this were true.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Emaan

744. Posted:

Must...beat...the...original... :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

745. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

It seems like you are the only one besides me who consistently posts on this thread @MasterWario. Seriously why does practically nobody else talk Pikmin around here? :p

Well for me personally, it feels like activity on the entire website has been down recently; sometimes I go like 2 weeks without any posts on my watched topics.

So did anybody notice some things about the bingo battle? First off, Olimar (that's right folks, Olimar) is one of the playable characters. So at the very least, he'll appear in that. I also saw that there was an option to switch from a 1v1 to a 2v2, so it looks like Pikmin 3 might be getting getting 4-player! (or you just have 2 captains to control, that's a possibility also) We'll have to see if you can also have more than two players in challenge mode.

Also, I heard the guy talking about how if you're good enough, you can beat the game in 30 days...I'm quite curious if you could get lower than that, because 30 days chock full of Pikmin action would be, FANTASTIC! (I can beat both Pikmin games within 10 days)

@Longforgotten I have no idea

Edited on by MasterWario

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

746. Posted:

I just picked up the Nintendo Selects version of Pikmin 2 not too long ago. I should really start it before this one comes out :$

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

747. Posted:

It's a Pikmin 3 Bingo Battle with Miyamoto and Tinnen.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

748. Posted:

So, Nintendo hasn't said anything whatsoever about the Pikmin animated shorts since they announced them (if my memory serves well anyway). I guess by this point they won't come out until after the game has released.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

749. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

So, Nintendo hasn't said anything whatsoever about the Pikmin animated shorts since they announced them (if my memory serves well anyway). I guess by this point they won't come out until after the game has released.

That's too bad. I was looking forward to these to build some hype or Pikmin 3. :/

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

750. Posted:

I was wondering the same thing. Where is anything about these Pikmin short clips?

This will be my next big game I'd say. I liked the first game more than the second actually (not really sure why honestly), but I think this one has a good chance of surpassing both from the looks of it.

Did anyone else think 2 got crazy hard after SPOILER you went back to the planet for Louie? (however you spell it)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

751. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Did anyone else think 2 got crazy hard after SPOILER you went back to the planet for Louie? (however you spell it)

Yes, the final cave was especially hard though :)

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

752. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

There's one freakin' floor, I think in the SPOILER Hole of Heroes or Cavern of Chaos SPOILER, where you land on a stump in the middle of a water pool...one of the most terrible floors if you're going for a no Pikmin death run. At least there's only one treasure, so it doesn't take long to grab it and get the heck out of there.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

753. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

There's one freakin' floor, I think in the SPOILER Hole of Heroes or Cavern of Chaos SPOILER, where you land on a stump in the middle of a water pool...one of the most terrible floors if you're going for a no Pikmin death run. At least there's only one treasure, so it doesn't take long to grab it and get the heck out of there.

Actually that area is in both caves. I don't mind it since I have a strategy. First I carefully move the entire squad off the stump onto the dry land, and take out any creatures in that area. Then I leave it to the Blues to take care of everything else. Also, the one in the Cavern of Chaos has one of my favorite soundtracks in the game, and it is only used in that one sublevel.

I just love the mysterious, eerie vibe it gives off, like as if you are going through a lifeless watery cave.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Mizore

754. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

Actually that area is in both caves. I don't mind it since I have a strategy. First I carefully move the entire squad off the stump onto the dry land, and take out any creatures in that area. Then I leave it to the Blues to take care of everything else. Also, the one in the Cavern of Chaos has one of my favorite soundtracks in the game, and it is only used in that one sublevel.

I just love the mysterious, eerie vibe it gives off, like as if you are going through a lifeless watery cave.

I think one of them is in the Dream Den, I know because that particular one has the Graitling Groink. (however you spell the name of that stupid walking fish, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

755. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Actually that area is in both caves. I don't mind it since I have a strategy. First I carefully move the entire squad off the stump onto the dry land, and take out any creatures in that area. Then I leave it to the Blues to take care of everything else.

I think one of them is in the Dream Den, I know because that particular one has the Graitling Groink. (however you spell the name of that stupid walking fish, lol)

In a way that's kind of what you have to do...your Pikmin aren't safe on that stump and there's only a small dry path off. That's probably the reason it gets frustrating, especially the one with the Gatling Groink, that nightmare! Starts sniping my Pikmin before I can even call them all. I wonder what'll happen when I get there in my no reset run; just run fast I guess, and hope the Gatling Groink spawns on the other side of the floor.

I'm often so concerned about keeping every single one of my Pikmin alive...makes me wonder if anyone actually sacrifices Pikmin as part of their strategy...

WingedFish wrote:

Also, the one in the Cavern of Chaos has one of my favorite soundtracks in the game, and it is only used in that one sublevel.

I just read about that earlier today. Strange that I didn't notice it...for me it seems as familiar as just about every other underground track in the game.

Edited on by MasterWario

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

756. Posted:

I don't know about you guys but I found a little surprise in my pants when the waterwraith came early when I played Submerged Castle for the first time

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

757. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Actually that area is in both caves. I don't mind it since I have a strategy. First I carefully move the entire squad off the stump onto the dry land, and take out any creatures in that area. Then I leave it to the Blues to take care of everything else.

In a way that's kind of what you have to do...your Pikmin aren't safe on that stump and there's only a small dry path off. That's probably the reason it gets frustrating, especially the one with the Gatling Groink, that nightmare! Starts sniping my Pikmin before I can even call them all. I wonder what'll happen when I get there in my no reset run; just run fast I guess, and hope the Gatling Groink spawns on the other side of the floor.

I'm often so concerned about keeping every single one of my Pikmin alive...makes me wonder if anyone actually sacrifices Pikmin as part of their strategy...

WingedFish wrote:

Also, the one in the Cavern of Chaos has one of my favorite soundtracks in the game, and it is only used in that one sublevel.

I just read about that earlier today. Strange that I didn't notice it...for me it seems as familiar as just about every other underground track in the game.

Actually I was wrong, it's the Hole of Heros that has that sublevel with the one soundtrack with the Dream Den having that sublevel too just with different music. I know this because I just went through Cavern of Chaos yesterday (playing P2 as we speak) and the sublevel wasn't there.

Oh, and as for dealing with Gatling Groinks, I always have an Ultra-Bitter Spray set aside just for them. ;)

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

758. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I don't know about you guys but I found a little surprise in my pants when the waterwraith came early when I played Submerged Castle for the first time

I still hate those things. SPOILER Especially that one level in challenge mode with a bunch of them SPOILER

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

759. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I still hate those things. SPOILER Especially that one level in challenge mode with a bunch of them SPOILER

Not for me. SPOILER For me, they are crazy frightening in Submerged Castle, since you don't have the purple Pikmin. But in challenge mode, you start off with them, so it's not that bad (still kinda scary).

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Mizore

760. Posted:

That reminds me, I wonder if Pikmin 3 will still have the caves. Not necessary, but they were fun. (not to mention the game had a crapload of bosses, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".