Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,273

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

721. Posted:

Ok, I was looking closely at the video and something caught my eye:
Untitled
I circled it in red...it looks like an underground tunnel, not to mention it looks like a dead end, and there's a weird blacked out area in the map right before. Seems very likely that it's an underground tunnel

Edited on by MasterWario

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Emaan

722. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

Emaan wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Still looks like a 6th gen game but

But 6th Gen was the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox era. This game looks way better than any of those systems could hope to produce.

My bad, I meant 7th gen.

Alrighty >:0

:p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

723. Posted:

Now that we know that the Captains are from a planet other then Hocotate, and that we have not seen Olimar, I bet a lot of people are going to think that Olimar won't be in SSB4.

Yet I beg to differ. Just as an example, Sheik has only been a minor character in one game (Ocarina of Time) yet has also been in Brawl. Olimar on the other hand has been in two games, being the main character (and thereby also being the main representative of the Pikmin series as a whole). Add that to that fact that he is one of Miyamoto's brain children, and he is pretty much assured a spot in the next roster.

Not to mention we aren't 100% sure if Olimar is going to be completely absent from 3, as Miyomoto never gave a flat out no when asked about his presence in the game, instead saying that it was a "secret."

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

724. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

3) the player must discover the location of the other captains by exploring and finding them. I hope and think that it's the third possibility.

You're in luck. Iwata says in the video that they crash land, and when they show the part about reviewing the day to plan for the next one, we see some titles. Day 2 is "Where's Brittany", and Day 3 is "Brittany and the Fruit". I can only assume day four involves finding Charlie. It would make sense that they find him last, as he lands in a snowy region.

Edited on by Intrepid

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

725. Posted:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet but I just found this in the video

Untitled

Will the president be in this game too somehow?

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

726. Posted:

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

727. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet but I just found this in the video

Untitled

Will the president be in this game too somehow?

XD Wow that's funny, I never noticed! This just reinforces my thought that Nintendo won't just "drop" the cast of Pikmin 2. Even if they aren't playable characters, they'll at least be in the game more or less like this.

So does anyone have any opinions on my previous post? Do you agree, or disagree, or just don't have anything to say about it?

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tainy

728. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Ok, I was looking closely at the video and something caught my eye:
Untitled
I circled it in red...it looks like an underground tunnel, not to mention it looks like a dead end, and there's a weird blacked out area in the map right before. Seems very likely that it's an underground tunnel

It's very possible. The image isn't very clear though, so I'm not so confident that's what it is. It could still be a number of things.

However, someone else noticed this: UntitledAs you can see, there is clearly some kind of hole there. We don't quite know for sure what this is either, but it could very well be a cave. It could also be something that an enemy uses similar to the holes bread bugs and hermit crawmads lived in in the previous games.

If caves are back, we certainly don't know they will be implemented in the same way they were in Pikmin 2. We've seen one dark underground environment in Pikmin 3 so far. That could be a cave or another "cave area" like the Forest Navel in Pikmin. It appears to me to be much larger than any of the environments in the caves we explored in Pikmin 2, which tended to be fairly small and involve lots of fairly tight corridors; so I'm leaning towards the possibility of another cave-like area more similar to the Forest Navel. The one thing that puts me in doubt of that however is that there was no sunlight at all visible to us in that area. It was tremendously dark. That means there would be no way, to our knowledge, for the ship and onion to land down there. That would imply something more similar to Pikmin 2's caves, although there may be a spot for the ships that we just can't see.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

729. Posted:

@Tainy Thanks for your response! That's quite interesting, It looks too small to be a cave but at the same time too big to be like, a geyser. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! So excited!

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

730. Posted:

Random guess: caves will be back but there'll be less of them (like more levels than previous games (or longer levels?), with 1-2 per level). Seems like something they would do, I dunno.

also i noticed this is a 3 person team on a console trying to have some emphasis on 5 player co-op...and Olimar and Louie are absent...

hmm...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

erv

731. Posted:

Olimar does seem notoriously absent. Maybe these guys are the employers of his new, own corporation :P

Goodbuy indebted president, lol!

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

732. Posted:

erv wrote:

Olimar does seem notoriously absent. Maybe these guys are the employers of his new, own corporation :P

Goodbuy indebted president, lol!

No, these new Captains are from a separate planet from Hocotate, so that isn't possible. I imagine they'll bump into Olimar at some point though.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

733. Posted:

I've been watching Top Ten Nintendo whatever videos, and one of them about underrated had the Pikmin series in the countdown.

For a minute, I agreed, but then I got to thinking. While Pikmin has been rather obscure as of late, pretty much ever since Olimar's inclusion in Brawl the franchise has pretty much blossomed (pardon the pun) everywhere.

The Pikmin carrying data during 3DS/Wii U system transfers, an upcoming set of animated shorts, a third game for Wii U, and several other references from other games such as WarioWare, Mario Golf, and other examples all point to Pikmin taking a top spot among the Big N ranks. Not as big as Mario or Zelda of course, but the franchise has been getting a LOT of attention. And seeing as the Pikmin series is one of my favorites (second only to Smash Bros.), that's fine be me.

AuthorMessage

Tainy

734. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I've been watching Top Ten Nintendo whatever videos, and one of them about underrated had the Pikmin series in the countdown.

For a minute, I agreed, but then I got to thinking. While Pikmin has been rather obscure as of late, pretty much ever since Olimar's inclusion in Brawl the franchise has pretty much blossomed (pardon the pun) everywhere.

The Pikmin carrying data during 3DS/Wii U system transfers, an upcoming set of animated shorts, a third game for Wii U, and several other references from other games such as WarioWare, Mario Golf, and other examples all point to Pikmin taking a top spot among the Big N ranks. Not as big as Mario or Zelda of course, but the franchise has been getting a LOT of attention. And seeing as the Pikmin series is one of my favorites (second only to Smash Bros.), that's fine be me.

Yeah, I wouldn't quite call Pikmin "underrated," although it is in some ways. The series has been fairly successful critically. It really isn't that popular at this point (though popular enough to survive fortunately), and I'm not sure those things you've listed are quite evidence of a series blossoming. I think it's more that Nintendo just wants Pikmin to be another major franchise, and they are trying to market the series to Nintendo fans over time. In fact, I don't think Pikmin is the only series Nintendo is doing this with. I wouldn't be surprised if there are games in the works or being considered for every Nintendo Land attraction.

Much of the Wii U seems like a response to the Wii's abysmal software attach rate. Nintendo Land is basically a big marketing game designed to sell people on the Wii U console as well as various Nintendo series. In a way, I think Nintendo sees Wii Sports as a failure because it failed to ignite interest in other Nintendo games (though at this point they might see Nintendo Land as a failure too). With Nintendo Land, they've used Nintendo characters instead of equally appropriate generic themes. It's not hard to imagine someone who really enjoyed the "Pikmin Adventure" attraction in Nintendo Land being automatically intrested when they see Pikmin 3 on the shelf at a store or see fans exlaiming their enjoyment on the Wara Wara Plaza (I think free ads are the real reason Nintendo made the Wara Wara Plaza). I've seen tons of posts on Miiverse of people saying how much they like certain attractions despite not having played an actual game in the series. Those people will be fairly easy for Nintendo to persuade.

It will be interesting to see how Pikmin 3 fares compared to its predecessors. That will be the first test to see if any of these things actually translate in the real world. I personally think it's just a matter of proper exposure and marketing, which unfortunately Nintendo doesn't always get right.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

Nintendroid5000

735. Posted:

Official boxart:
Untitled

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage

Scary_Old_Lady

736. Posted:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

Official boxart:
Untitled

Mmm, Beautiful!

Get free amazon vouchers and steam games at: http://adf.ly/2695720/freegames

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

AuthorMessage

bassoongoon

737. Posted:

Wow that box art IS gorgeous! I can't wait to get Pikmin 3! I have been waiting almost 10 years for it!

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

738. Posted:

Apparently I guessed right, there will be a Boss Battle mode! It's shown/talked about near the end of the video.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

739. Posted:

Oh man, SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!!!
Have you guys seen this trailer yet? I didn't see it in the Nintendo Direct; had to rummage around for it

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

740. Posted:

It seems like you are the only one besides me who consistently posts on this thread @MasterWario. Seriously why does practically nobody else talk Pikmin around here? :p

Edited on by WingedSnagret