Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 701 to 720 of 1,264

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

701. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

You know what would be neat? If Pikmin 3 had a Boss Battle mode. There sort of was in 2 with the Hole of Heros and certain Challenge Mode levels, but I want a proper feature where you can battle the bosses Kirby/Smash Bros. style, only instead of health or damage, it's the number of Pikmin in your squad, and like in the caves, you can't get more. And in-between battles you can use Candypop buds to change the colors to your liking.

I was hoping for some kind of endless survival mode where you have to stay in a room where enemies continually come in. I doubt it will happen, but it would be so much fun!

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

702. Posted:

@MasterWario I'll try to remember. ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

703. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

You know what would be neat? If Pikmin 3 had a Boss Battle mode. There sort of was in 2 with the Hole of Heros and certain Challenge Mode levels, but I want a proper feature where you can battle the bosses Kirby/Smash Bros. style, only instead of health or damage, it's the number of Pikmin in your squad, and like in the caves, you can't get more. And in-between battles you can use Candypop buds to change the colors to your liking.

I was hoping for some kind of endless survival mode where you have to stay in a room where enemies continually come in. I doubt it will happen, but it would be so much fun!

That sort of thing doesn't really seem to fit Pikmin. With enough skill a player could essentially go on forever unless the mode was designed to overwhelm you with so many enemies it would be impossible not to lose eventually. Either way, endless modes don't really seem to fit Pikmin in my opinion.
Boss rush mode does seem like it could be possible though!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

theStyleWithin

704. Posted:

I was one of those who didn't notice the flying Pikmin at the end of the trailer. I thought it was just a Pikmin using a leaf to glide towards the ground from a high area. Because Pikmin are not heavy they could probably use a leaf in many ways. I guess thats the Japanese way of showing me how white I am! Lol! But now knowing this is this a sign they could be getting ready for Pikmin trading cards for the new Pikmin types?

First earth destroy the other planets later!

Top 10 games:
Fortune Street
Age of Empires 2 Conquerors Exansion
Fire Emblem Awakening
Theatrerythm Final Fantasy
Darksiders 2
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Nintendoland
Neopets.com
Space Station Syllicon Valley
Star Wars Podracer (N64)

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2891-3100 | Nintendo Network ID: theStyleWithin

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

705. Posted:

Here's hoping well get info on the story, characters, and other as of yet unknown stuff tomorrow. /crosses fingers

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

706. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Here's hoping well get info on the story, characters, and other as of yet unknown stuff tomorrow. /crosses fingers

With E3 just around the corner I really wouldn't expect much in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct
They might just show some more gameplay, maybe a boss or a new area, but I don't think they'll reveal too much about the story. MAYBE we'll see what happened to the fourth character? Can't say for sure though, hopefully they'll reveal more!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

707. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

With E3 just around the corner I really wouldn't expect much in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct
They might just show some more gameplay, maybe a boss or a new area, but I don't think they'll reveal too much about the story. MAYBE we'll see what happened to the fourth character? Can't say for sure though, hopefully they'll reveal more!

I'm thinking Nintendo will reveal more then usual for it tomorrow honestly. Because when E3 rolls around people are going to be expecting new stuff, so when Pikmin 3 comes up then they'll be like, "oh look, more of that..." Not to mention it comes out in a few months so it wouldn't hurt.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

708. Posted:

July release is nice and unexpected. Very much looking forward to this!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

709. Posted:

Okay, let's recap, but first, the footage.

The Captains are from a different planet then Hocotate, their names are revealed, and their purpose is to collect food for their post-apocalyptic world.

Several familiar enemies, such as a Burrowing Snagret and an Armored Cannon Beetle larva have been shown. Rock Pikmin are immune to being crushed and instead just get pushed into the ground, and seemingly have their own Onion.

There is now weather, at least in the form of rain. Different seasonal areas are shown, like in Pikmin 2. And there are ice slides. Geysers make a return and function hybridly like the ones in 1 and 2.

The ship has an entirely different design, and looks similar to the lunar lander that got mankind on the moon. It also might be able to speak, though the Captain known as Brittany seems to have taken over that role.

But where is Olimar and co.? Perhaps they bump into him sometime later? We shall see.

I undoubtedly missed some stuff, but did the best I could. Now, let the discussion begin!

AuthorMessage

Tainy

710. Posted:

Did no one else notice? It appears as if all the pikmin share a single onion. In the scenes where the player has only red pikmin the onion appears red, but in the scenes where the player has red and rock pikmin the onion swirls with red and grey. There is another scene where the player has red and yellow pikmin and the onion appears mostly yellow with a bit of red at the top. There is another clip in which the red pikmin with their red pellet and the rock pikmin with their grey pellet were both moving towards towards the onion and there was only one onion. There also dosen't appear to be enough room at the landing site for a total of five onions. That would be quite cramped in a space that small. It appears there is a single onion that stores and produces all pikmin types. That should simplify pikmin management, especially with two additional pikmin types. Having to go back and forth among five or more onions just to bring out or put away the pikmin we need would be a bit much.

Also, the body of the onion (as I predicted based on the winged pikmin footage) seems to vary in size as there are some scenes in which the body of the onion appears noticeably larger than in other scenes. I assume the size reflects the amount of pikmin stored inside.

I'm curious about the world structure. I wonder if the different landing sites are actually physically connected, either by the levels themselves or by caves (which aren't yet confirmed to return in the same way they appear in Pikmin 2). That would add an interesting dynamic of discovery and potentially even strategy if we have to find and make our way to new areas ourselves within the limited time of a day.

I'm still curious about the color change in the 3 of the Pikmin 3 logo from purple flowers to an orange-ish color. None of the known Pikmin have flowers of that color. If there is another pikmin type (or even more than one), the one color I think we can rule out is cyan (or any "sea blue" type color). The cursor's neutral color is that color, so I doubt there are any light blueish pikmin in the game. The open colors are orange, green, black, brown, or some odd off color. It is possible there is some so far unknown mechanic that explains the orange flowers, but I am doubtful of that possibility at this point. So far, the only reason we've ever witnessed a flower color change is in the introduction of a new pikmin type.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

Emaan

711. Posted:

Did anyone else really enjoy the music that plays in the background during the earlier part of the footage? :3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

712. Posted:

@Tainy Wow, those are excellent observations!
Most people seemed to be disappointed by the Nintendo Direct, but I liked it. Pikmin 3 looks even better than last time! I can't wait.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson

AuthorMessage

Tainy

713. Posted:

The player doesn't seem to always have all the captains in all the gameplay. On the screen where the player is selecting a day to retry, not all the captains are present. On day 4 the player only has Alph and Brittany, with an empty slot for Charlie. On day three and earlier, the player only has Alph to play with. This clearly means the player has to do something in order to gain access to the other captains. I can only think of three ways this could likely happen: 1) the player must play through a set number of days, 2) the player must reach some other benchmark like collecting a certain amount of fruit or unlocking some particular level, or 3) the player must discover the location of the other captains by exploring and finding them. I hope and think that it's the third possibility. On the KopPad (GamePad) map, there are radar like waves emanating from a distant point. It clearly marks the location of something the player is supposed to investigate, and I think it's likely one of the captains. This would suggest that the player does indeed need to find the other captains at the onset of the game.

What I hope this means is that we have one large connected over world. We've seen at least five distinct areas so far: a lush spring like area, an autumn like area, a cold snowy area, a dry sandy area, and a dark underground area. What's interesting is again, as we've seen before, there are some clips and screenshots that look like hybrids of these distinct aesthetics.

This new screenshot is a perfect example:
Untitled
There is snow, grass, and red shrubbery all in the same picture. It doesn't seem likely that they would mix these aesthetics like this if the areas were distinct and isolated. I really hope its a large (in Pikmin terms) open world. That would really make this game feel like an adventure; more so than caves ever did in my opinion.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

Emaan

714. Posted:

@Pikminsi I agree, the new Pikmin 3 footage was a highlight in my opinion :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

715. Posted:

@Emaan
Yeah, the music during the footage was great :*

I can't be the only one that thinks Pikmin 3 looks absolutely stunning. The effects are superb and I really love the art style they went with.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

716. Posted:

I've read all these comments, and I must say, I'm even more excited for Pikmin 3 now! Good insights Tainy; I didn't catch any of it except for the onion thing. There's so much different and interesting stuff that I just want to play it at this point, and then talk about it. :P

Still, I'm very excited to learn about multiplayer/challenge mode.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

717. Posted:

Man, that trailer actually had some good looking graphics. Still looks like a 7th gen game but still it looks fun enough. Now just give us some online co-op and tell August to hurry up!

Edited on by PokeTune

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PokeTune14
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

"That's my catchphrase." - Spike the Dragon

Awaiting:

Monolith Soft 'X'
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Battlefield 4
Sonic Lost Worlds

AuthorMessage

Emaan

718. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

Still looks like a 6th gen game but

But 6th Gen was the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox era. This game looks way better than any of those systems could hope to produce.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

719. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Still looks like a 6th gen game but

But 6th Gen was the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox era. This game looks way better than any of those systems could hope to produce.

My bad, I meant 7th gen.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PokeTune14

"That's my catchphrase." - Spike the Dragon

Awaiting:

Monolith Soft 'X'
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Battlefield 4
Sonic Lost Worlds

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

720. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

I've read all these comments, and I must say, I'm even more excited for Pikmin 3 now! Good insights Tainy; I didn't catch any of it except for the onion thing. There's so much different and interesting stuff that I just want to play it at this point, and then talk about it. :P

Still, I'm very excited to learn about multiplayer/challenge mode.

I thought that two-colored onion thing was an onion with some kind of marble, like in Pikmin 2 multiplayer, but what @Tainy said made much more sense.