WaveBoy wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

So is this still slated for an August release? Wow...Wii U owners I feel sorry for you.

Ah, but there is this thing that (at least some of) us Wii U owners have come to learn very well: Patience. :)

Wouldn't bother with him. He thinks the game looks graphically inferior, which is sad and hilarious at the same time.

So my thoughts are invalid because the game doesn`t look as spectacular as it could have? BTW inferior to what exactly?

"Yeah delayed your game(Pikmin 3)to "polish" what exactly? It looks no better than a few months ago, i.e underwhelming graphically."

Quote from Satoru Iwata: First Party Wii U Game Delays Are to Ensure That They're "Valuable Titles"

And i'm not saying your thoughts are invalid. I'm saying it's pointless to argue with you.

Well I still hold to my opinion but, whatever. Let`s just stop and agree to disagree. ;)

Very well then. :P

Woa what? Am I the only one who feels that Pikmin 3 graphically is absolutely stunning? This is how you make a NextGen Nintendo visual leap!

It does. Factually in fact.

Even if you don't like the style, it doesn't matter. I don't like Rayman Origins art style but it was so well executed (even more so for Legends) that it doesn't matter to me whether the art style is good or bad, it looks great.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

682. Posted:

Imo Pikmin 2 is easier due to the purple Pikmin. Those normally scary bulborbs are easily eradicated by 20 or less purple Pikmin. I'd say it's much easier to lose Pikmin in the second due to electricity, among other things, but since those caves save every floor you can always restart if you lose too many Pikmin. Plus, since the floors are randomized each time, you can keep trying for a good layout. Also, the enemies are much easier to defeat in the second in general. The wollywogs in the first game...so hard O_O @Emaan yeah, the Distant Spring is quite difficult, especially if you're trying to go for that "no Pikmin lost" run.

Personally I prefer Pikmin 2 because it's longer, you have no time limit whilst underground, and the gameplay itself is more refined and precise. Still, Pikmin 1 is a good experience, and by now it should only be like $10 right? Could be a good compliment to Pikmin 2.

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Emaan

683. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

especially if you're trying to go for that "no Pikmin lost" run.

Yeah, that ship sailed a long time ago :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

684. Posted:

So, I'm hoping this guy makes a return in Pikmin 3:
Untitled

I'm not exactly sure why but this is one of my favorite enemies in Pikmin 2.

@Emaan lol XD

Edited on by MasterWario

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

685. Posted:

I hope this guy makes a return
Untitled

But I hope this time around it will hop around the level instead of staying in one spot for more of a challenge! I don't think I've ever had Pikmin killed by Antenna Beetles! They never were much of a problem so if they do return I hope they're a little bit more annoying this time around (never thought I'd say that).

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

686. Posted:

Unless Ultra-Bitter Sprays return, I hope THIS MONSTROSITY doesn't came back! Sure if you have some Purples with you they aren't too bad, and they can only kill Pikmin if they get a direct hit or shake them off cliffs in certain underground levels, but still, this robot/goldfish mutant is just downright abominable.
Untitled

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

687. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Unless Ultra-Bitter Sprays return, I hope THIS MONSTROSITY doesn't came back! Sure if you have some Purples with you they aren't too bad, and they can only kill Pikmin if they get a direct hit or shake them off cliffs in certain underground levels, but still, this robot/goldfish mutant is just downright abominable.
Untitled

Those are awful! Especially how they re-heal after they die if you don't drop them in the Onion.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

688. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Untitled

Those are awful! Especially how they re-heal after they die if you don't drop them in the Onion.

Which is why I hope Ultra-Bitter Sprays are going to be in 3 since you don't have to worry about the body since it just explodes.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

689. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Untitled

One of the worst parts about these is they are so often on top of a pedestal, and they have an armored front. So not only can you not use purple Pikmin, but have to throw your pikmin such that they don't hit the armored front...all that whilst it shoots explosive charges at your Pikmin.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tainy

690. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Untitled

I hold the oposite opinion. I hope Gatling Groinks do come back and that the sprays don't. I would prefer that Nintendo use smarter level design to overcome any unfairness, rather than super-charging the player with almost game-breaking abilities. Power-ups are great in many games, I'm not sure I like them in Pikmin. Plus, I thought Gatling Groinks were an awesome challenge in Pikmin 2. They really test your tactics.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

Tainy

691. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Untitled

One of the worst parts about these is they are so often on top of a pedestal, and they have an armored front. So not only can you not use purple Pikmin, but have to throw your pikmin such that they don't hit the armored front...all that whilst it shoots explosive charges at your Pikmin.

Yeah, that can be annoying sometimes. When I am able, I direct one captain with no Pikmin to stand right at the edge of the pedestal below the Gatling Groink and position him just so that it's cannon blasts hit the wall of the pedestal and don't hurt the captain. Then I would direct the other captain with a Pikmin squad to attack it from behind, and recall the Pikmin before it shakes them off. as long as I keep my captain with Pikmin farther away than the distracting captain with no Pikmin, the Gatling Groink will never shoot at my Pikmin. They only fire at the Captain nearest to them. Sometimes when the Gatling Groink shakes, it moves a little and it's shots begin hitting my distraction captain. I then have to reposition my distracting captain into a new safe position.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

692. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Untitled

I hold the oposite opinion. I hope Gatling Groinks do come back and that the sprays don't. I would prefer that Nintendo use smarter level design to overcome any unfairness, rather than super-charging the player with almost game-breaking abilities. Power-ups are great in many games, I'm not sure I like them in Pikmin. Plus, I thought Gatling Groinks were an awesome challenge in Pikmin 2. They really test your tactics.

I partially agree. I DO hope the groinks make a return in Pikmin 3, or some other enemy that shoots mortars at you. I do like the fact that it regenerates health, as it adds to the challenge of the game and often makes the player nervous to dispose of the corpse by any means necessary! However, I DO hope sprays return. They did seem very cheap in Pikmin 2, but if they are in Pikmin 3, I'm hoping that they will be much harder to collect. No spray nectar, for example. The players should only be able to get sprays with berries. The berries should also be in a location where it is difficult or dangerous to collect them. That way, sprays will still be available, but the user would have to conserve them much more than they would have to in Pikmin 3.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

693. Posted:

You know what would be neat? If Pikmin 3 had a Boss Battle mode. There sort of was in 2 with the Hole of Heros and certain Challenge Mode levels, but I want a proper feature where you can battle the bosses Kirby/Smash Bros. style, only instead of health or damage, it's the number of Pikmin in your squad, and like in the caves, you can't get more. And in-between battles you can use Candypop buds to change the colors to your liking.

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

694. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

You know what would be neat? If Pikmin 3 had a Boss Battle mode. There sort of was in 2 with the Hole of Heros and certain Challenge Mode levels, but I want a proper feature where you can battle the bosses Kirby/Smash Bros. style, only instead of health or damage, it's the number of Pikmin in your squad, and like in the caves, you can't get more. And in-between battles you can use Candypop buds to change the colors to your liking.

That would be very cool. And, since it's a Pikmin game, I don't think they'd tell you outright what the next boss would be. There should be like a tablet wall that has an sketch of the next boss and potential hazards that give you hints as to what the next boss is. Perhaps not, but of course, it's just an idea.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Yellowgerbil

695. Posted:

@MasterWario, Maybe this would work or there could be a mini level between each level with symbols hidden around the place that would tell you what pikmin would be useful or essential to complete the battle.
As for Cheaptrick stating that the Wii U had a vastly underpowered CPU, wasn't this cleared up a couple of weeks ago. I mean that it was a misunderstanding? I seem to remember that the people who originally talked about the Wii U being underpowered only had the beta and were wrong when the actual product was launched, who was this company? It was Activision.

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

696. Posted:

Anyone think Louie was evil?
Untitled

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

697. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

Anyone think Louie was evil?
Untitled

Honestly, it could have been anything. We don't know much about his past and he's quite a quiet fellow, but I don't think he was legitimately "evil". We know that he likes bugs and cooking, that his parents don't message him but rather his grandfather (or uncle, can't remember), and if you've watched Louie's Dark Secret, you have some more information there. Louie could have been angry at Olimar for leaving him behind, perhaps he was just exhausted and wasn't sure much what he was doing, he could have had a traumatizing incident as a kid, or as Louie's Dark Secret suggests, perhaps he just isn't that great at controlling his inclinations. It could also be a combination of these things, or none of them at all. Perhaps Nintendo doesn't even know themselves!

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

698. Posted:

@MasterWario It was his grandmother who messages him. She would often mention how much Louie enjoyed eating bugs as a child.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

699. Posted:

I didn't think so at first, but now I do in fact believe that Louie might be more antagonistic then he lets on. It's the quiet ones you've got to look out for after all. But like @MasterWario said, the Titan Dweevil incident could've been caused by any number of factors. Nonetheless I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Louie, and/or whoever the mysterious character D is (he certainly looks like he could be related to Louie), might be the secret villain in 3. Okay maybe not full on villain, but a rouge or something along that line.

Louie looks totally bad*** in that picture btw.

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

700. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Nonetheless I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Louie, and/or whoever the mysterious character D is (he certainly looks like he could be related to Louie), might be the secret villain in 3.

That actually seems quite plausible, as captain D doesn't appear in any of the videos/picture so far.

WingedFish wrote:

Okay maybe not full on villain, but a rouge or something along that line.

Yeah, I don't see Louie being a straight up, malicious villain (although he could), but definitely along the lines of having some antagonistic qualities.

P.S. lol @WingedFish sig; are you going to change those every week?

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery